Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Exams finish on Friday. :yeah:
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

:mmm:

I want to do mine now!

(Original post by Absinth)
    Anyone know where I can get a cheap PS3 console? Is it worth waiting until Xmas/New Year?
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/67923...v-freeview-tun

This is a pretty good deal, but deals like this will come and go and Christmas is a long time away :sexface:

Edit: Someone else posted it ^^
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

:mmm:

I want to do mine now!

Edit:
    Tbf, you might want to but when the exam comes and the questions you get are the ones you don't want then you'll regret saying that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    This just came up on Hot UK Deals:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/67923...v-freeview-tun
    Thanks. I'm looking for something a bit cheaper though. I don't mind if it's 120GB.

ReputationRep:

Edit:
    Tbf, you might want to but when the exam comes and the questions you get are the ones you don't want then you'll regret saying that.
    :ditto:

my first 2 out of 8 have been totally :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:

Edit:
    Yeah that's true, they always manage to put stuff in that you've not revised for. I'm only really worried about 1 exam, the rest involve a lot of maths so I should do well :ahee:

(Original post by Absinth)
    Thanks. I'm looking for something a bit cheaper though. I don't mind if it's 120GB.
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/67413...0gb-just-cause

The price difference isn't actually that much between the two so it'd be worthwhile going after the 250GB ones...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's true, they always manage to put stuff in that you've not revised for. I'm only really worried about 1 exam, the rest involve a lot of maths so I should do well

The price difference isn't actually that much between the two so it'd be worthwhile going after the 250GB ones...
    Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    How much do you think a 26" Samsung is worth second hand? I'm thinking of selling mine and getting a 32" LG TV.
    I dunno how much your TV is worth but I've got a 32" LG and it's really good!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's true, they always manage to put stuff in that you've not revised for. I'm only really worried about 1 exam, the rest involve a lot of maths so I should do well :ahee:

Here's an interesting quote from that deal thread:

Don't buy a PS3 yet.

there is a new CECH-2100A model literally on the horizon (its out in Japan and due any moment in the UK it seems).

This has been upgraded to 40nm RSX and will run much cooler than the current slim which has 65nm RSX, it also uses a 1/3rd less electricity than the current slim.
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    Here's an interesting quote from that deal thread:

:eek:
    There's actually not much on that that I found on Google news, though apparently it only uses 15% less power than the Slim. :holmes:

Also the RAM is 2X128mb rather than 4X64mb apparently.

No release date on it either...at least it's good that Sony are trying to improve the PS3 even if they are minor changes.

ReputationRep:
    Exams*over*the*day*Red*Dead *Redemption*and*Modnation*Ra cers*comes*out*:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Natal could be very expensive.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Natal could be very expensive.
    I wouldn't pay that, could almost get a new PS3 for that, then you could dual game on 2 consoles. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't pay that, could almost get a new PS3 for that, then you could dual game on 2 consoles. :ahee:
    Indeed. :teehee:

I wonder how much the actual games will cost. I don't see them releasing many games that will immerse players for 20 hours+ like normal games do. Imagine standing up for a four-hour gaming session waving your hands and kicking your feet like a maniac. Not going to happen.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Indeed. :teehee:

I wonder how much the actual games will cost. I don't see them releasing many games that will immerse players for 20 hours+ like normal games do. Imagine standing up for a four-hour gaming session waving your hands and kicking your feet like a maniac. Not going to happen.
    Imagine playing LBP with the Natal... :holmes: You could actually backslap someone in real life and make it happen in game at the same time! :rofl:

Or is that not how it works? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Imagine playing LBP with the Natal... :holmes: You could actually backslap someone in real life and make it happen in game at the same time! :rofl:

Or is that not how it works? :ninja:
    I'm sure it can be done.

I'd love to know how two-player vs. mode in Tekken would work (if they did release a game such as that). :beard:

ReputationRep:
    IMO*it's*going*to*be*just* like*the*eye*toy*for*the*p s2*just*much*more*expensive :p:
    Do*you*remember*the*kung*fu *game*in*that?*
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just sold MW1. If it had trophies, I would have kept it but nooooope. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone found a good deal on Modnation Racers yet? I want to preorder it but it's too damn expensive! :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    Just sold MW1. If it had trophies, I would have kept it but nooooope. :p:
    How's FIFA going trophy-wise? Cba to check ur trophy list
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    How's FIFA going trophy-wise? Cba to check ur trophy list
    Nothing as of yet, slowly getting the VP accomplishments, just over half way. :p:

Will get cracking with it next week. :wink2:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.