Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    you couldnt have put it better

plus you get paid to be stressed at work, opposed to paying to be stressed at uni, the course quality does not meet the payments per year if you tally them all up, all in all if i could go back 6 years to when i left school, i would have gone for a professional qualification over uni every time. My gf does accoutning this way, she gets paid to go to private college and exam entry paid for and course entry paid for, she gets block release from work to do all of this and on top gets a competitive wage whilst learning relevant industry techniques

makes me mad tbh
    Yep, I'll be so glad when it's over.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    It just takes up too much time tbh. I'll be off TSR sometime in July I think.
    :sad: :cry2: :puppyeyes: :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    :sad: :cry2: :puppyeyes: :nooo:
    :console: There will be other Geoff's right around the corner, don't worry. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    It just takes up too much time tbh. I'll be off TSR sometime in July I think.

Well I've just hated the uni way of studying ever sine the beginning. The stress of coursework and especially exams far outweigh the nice parts of uni (social life, independence, etc). It sickens me that I've got to go into so much debt to pay for a course where some modules I took are simply not worth the money... At least when I start working they'll be paying for my course and exams, as well as paying me to work too.
    Hmmm well since I'm in Scotland we don't have tuition fees so I don't have much debt which is pretty nice. But I have to agree with you, uni has definitely not been the best years of my life. It's been stressful and pretty miserable at times.

What sucks about dentistry is you need to pay for all your own CPD and registration fees. I have forked out £222 for 5 months registration when I haven't even graduated yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Hmmm well since I'm in Scotland we don't have tuition fees so I don't have much debt which is pretty nice. But I have to agree with you, uni has definitely not been the best years of my life. It's been stressful and pretty miserable at times.

What sucks about dentistry is you need to pay for all your own CPD and registration fees. I have forked out £222 for 5 months registration when I haven't even graduated yet.
    Oh you're so lucky not to have any tuition fees! :stomp:

Well at least with dentistry you're guaranteed to be minted once you qualify! :yep:

In other news, R* seems to have really outdone themselves with RDR:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/74...dr_051710.html
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh you're so lucky not to have any tuition fees! :stomp:

Well at least with dentistry you're guaranteed to be minted once you qualify! :yep:

In other news, R* seems to have really outdone themselves with RDR:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/74...dr_051710.html
    Is there an RDR demo? IGN review scores it 9.8. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Is there an RDR demo? IGN review scores it 9.8. :indiff:
    No I don't think there's one planned right at this moment. I don't recall them making on for GTA IV either.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No I don't think there's one planned right at this moment. I don't recall them making on for GTA IV either.
    Why did you score out 9.8? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Good reviews for RDR it seems. And i finished uni yestoday, and get paid on friday, so guess what i might end up doing...

ReputationRep:
    Why did you score out 9.8? :holmes:
    Ah oops, I was going to correct you because the IGN UK score is 9.7, but the IGN Aus score is 9.8, but then I thought I was being too pedantic. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Good reviews for RDR it seems. And i finished uni yestoday, and get paid on friday, so guess what i might end up doing...
    buying me a birthday present for monday ?

ReputationRep:
    :console: There will be other Geoff's right around the corner, don't worry. :teehee:
    Who's gonna run the PS3 soc???!?111one!111one

This is so not fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Who's gonna run the PS3 soc???!?111one!111one

This is so not fair
    Dunno, maybe I'll set up an election. :awesome:

I'll sort something out closer to the time.

ReputationRep:
    buying me a birthday present for monday ?
    Lol yes, thats defiantly it! Good guess :p:

And IGN Aus gave it higher then IGNuk?? They usually give games a lower score ive noticed, usually because the censors down there cut half of the good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Right I brought the PS3. I got it for £295 with 3 games. I'm going to sell one of the games, so it would work out to about £270.

I tried to connect my external hard drive, but it said there were no files on it in the video, music, and picture section.
    Do I need to create a specially named folder for the PS3 to recognise it.

Also, can I connect a phone via bluetooth to the PS3.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Lol yes, thats defiantly it! Good guess :p:

And IGN Aus gave it higher then IGNuk?? They usually give games a lower score ive noticed, usually because the censors down there cut half of the good stuff.
    :fyi: my birthday is also on Monday, 1 for me as well?

:ta:

ReputationRep:
    :fyi: my birthday is also on Monday, 1 for me as well?

Oh dear, i hope you both want pre-owned games, something crappy for about £1 :p:

ReputationRep:
    my birthday is also on Monday, 1 for me as well?

lol happy bday for monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    Right I brought the PS3. I got it for £295 with 3 games. I'm going to sell one of the games, so it would work out to about £270.

I tried to connect my external hard drive, but it said there were no files on it in the video, music, and picture section.
    Do I need to create a specially named folder for the PS3 to recognise it.

Also, can I connect a phone via bluetooth to the PS3.
    Your HDD has to be formatted in FAT32.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    lol happy bday for monday

Happy birthday to you. :wink2:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.