Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Muon)
    Yes and Yes!!!!

It is really good.

The online is always easy to get into a game but usually it is half bots and half humans - you can't tell the difference though.
    Have they made the whole stalemating issue better? Cos that's why I stopped playing it...stuck in a game for 45 mins isn't all that fun...

And now I can't even point whore cos they've reduced it from 10 pts to 2 pts! (for cursing people and freezing people!) :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Woo updae 3.00

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Have they made the whole stalemating issue better? Cos that's why I stopped playing it...stuck in a game for 45 mins isn't all that fun...

And now I can't even point whore cos they've reduced it from 10 pts to 2 pts! (for cursing people and freezing people!) :mad:
    nah - you still get stalemates so I just scream down my mic until people listen :yep: - doesnt always work though :sad:

ReputationRep:
    nah - you still get stalemates so I just scream down my mic until people listen :yep: - doesnt always work though :sad:
    Ah man...that's rubbish..problem is even when we have 4 or 5 mates on with me it still goes to a stupid stalemate...cos I can host a 22 players game :cool:

It's cos people fatten her up so much there is no way you can steal her! :mad:

And the ranking system annoys me too...why can't you just rank up normally like other games?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Ah man...that's rubbish..problem is even when we have 4 or 5 mates on with me it still goes to a stupid stalemate...cos I can host a 22 players game :cool:

It's cos people fatten her up so much there is no way you can steal her! :mad:

And the ranking system annoys me too...why can't you just rank up normally like other games?
    I envy you - I have a 5mb/s download speed and a 150kb/s upload so I can host 8 :shifty:

I always find that everyone always congregates in the same places and never try anything different - or they upgrade ****** things first.

I don't quite understand the ranking system - if you win games quickly you get a lower rank than spending ages in one round :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    I envy you - I have a 5mb/s download speed and a 150kb/s upload so I can host 8 :shifty:

I always find that everyone always congregates in the same places and never try anything different - or they upgrade ****** things first.

I don't quite understand the ranking system - if you win games quickly you get a lower rank than spending ages in one round :banghead:
    20mb for me :]

I managed to get a 118 killstreak playing the Soccer map and just freezing the bots...I got that 88 Kills in a row trophy pretty easily!

Yeah people seem to follow each other around, rarely I see people trying secret passages...or building springboards etc to breach the castle...and it seems that however much resources I collect, some moron goes and upgrades something useless that doesn't benefit the team!

The ranking system is based on your performance in a game, which is stupid because if you win a game in 2 mins you get lots of points but that's it...you might actually lose rank like you said! Totally pointless....

ReputationRep:
    I am very glad I didn't preorder batman, bcause I either totally suck at the game or its detective mode is pointless, give me a radar a la MGS 4 instead. I played the last bit of the demo 5 times to beat it... fail fail fail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    how do you all run out of space ?
    Mine's only 60GB remember, and I usually keep all the install data (like for GTAIV and MGS4 for example).

(Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Geoff, you can connect it to your computer and format it to FAT32 before connecting it to the PS3 (note: this works for Macs and Windows computers).
    Yeah, but I don't really have the space to transfer the stuff that's already on my backup HDD to my computer. If I didn't transfer the stuff, I would lose it all when reformatting to FAT32.

ReputationRep:
    This sucks http://www.vg247.com/2009/09/02/no-g...urope-in-2009/
    Don't know why the hell they're not releasing in Europe, sure as hell a way to get more people interested for God of War 3. Stupid Sony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omicronlyrae)
    Woo updae 3.00
    How come you're not a mod anymore? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewait)
    Don't know why the hell they're not releasing in Europe, sure as hell a way to get more people interested for God of War 3. Stupid Sony.
    that is gay gay gay gay gay...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    How come you're not a mod anymore? :eek:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=1061

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewait)
    Shame, would've wanted to see what the fuss was about GOW.

ReputationRep:
    fair play guys, i am really a bit part gamer i spose, i really only pllay 2 games at a time - at the moment its cod and fifa

ReputationRep:
    I got a PS3 a couple of weeks ago and can't connect to the internet. When I use a cable I have no problems but when I try and connect wireslesly it doesn't work. Do you have any suggestions about what I can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twinkle.twinkle)
    I got a PS3 a couple of weeks ago and can't connect to the internet. When I use a cable I have no problems but when I try and connect wireslesly it doesn't work. Do you have any suggestions about what I can do.
    Do you have wireless-N at all? It's not compatible with the PS3 as far as I'm aware.

ReputationRep:
    If your router security is set to WPA then the firmware in the router tends to stop the PS3 from connecting (yet allows you to see/find the connection). I think you have three options, some router companies now have firmware that fixes the problem so you could update the firmware. You could change your router security to WEP or you could just continue to use a cable.

ReputationRep:
    Very cool AC2 trailer:

Been playing Prototype today again today. The fight with Elizabeth Greene was epic! :yep:
    Yes only those who've played the game will know what I'm talking about..

ReputationRep:
    A great analysis video of the newest MW2 trailer:

:jive:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    A great analysis video of the newest MW2 trailer:

:jive:
    Thanks for the heads-up :cool:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.