How's the FFXIII platinum coming along btw? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    How's the FFXIII platinum coming along btw? :holmes:
    :no: 3D Dot arrived. I'll get back to it, I promise! :o:

ReputationRep:
    PixelJunk Shooter has a demo! :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Some very good deals on some classic PS3 games, such as GTA IV for £12.99.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=pe_117...in%3A671473011
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I figured that... if I've played 67 games with my Virtual Pro on Fifa... I need another 433 games.

If 1 game takes say 10mins, so 433 games will take another 4330mins which is another ~72hrs of gameplay. :lolwut: If I averaged, 2hrs per day, it would take me another 36 days. :indiff: However, it would be only be 24 days if I averaged 3hrs a day. :holmes:

:sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I figured that... if I've played 67 games with my Virtual Pro on Fifa... I need another 433 games.

If 1 game takes say 10mins, so 433 games will take another 4330mins which is another ~72hrs of gameplay. :lolwut: If I averaged, 2hrs per day, it would take me another 36 days. :indiff: However, it would be only be 24 days if I averaged 3hrs a day. :holmes:

Aren't you sick of the sight of FIFA yet?! :gasp:

You could always change the games to a shorter length.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Aren't you sick of the sight of FIFA yet?! :gasp:

You could always change the games to a shorter length.
    No. :erm:

The shortest is 4mins per half, in the online lobbies you can do 2mins but no doubt people will quit so it's a waste of time. :holmes:

I have Dirt 2 to play now. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Does argos know something we don't about the release date for GT5? http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...GRAN+TURISMO+5

Got their email this morning and I was a bit surprised. :holmes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Does argos know something we don't about the release date for GT5? http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...GRAN+TURISMO+5

Got their email this morning and I was a bit surprised. :holmes:
    Argos are being :smug:.

Thats a new release date to me... :holmes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I just played another 3 games on Fifa and it says I have played 66 games with my VP! I told you they're deducting my games!

ReputationRep:
    A pre-owned 80GB PS3 for £99, what do you guys think? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    A pre-owned 80GB PS3 for £99, what do you guys think? :holmes:
    If*that*deal*is*still*stand ing*in*October*I'm*picking* it*up*:yes:

ReputationRep:
    woot exam 7/8 went well - yay

cod black ops preview in america, everyone signed a disclosure to say they couldnt release what they saw / was told unitl 28th, well should here somethign soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)

Timed a 4 minute half game earlier, took 12 minutes. Then you have the crap at the end when you're in manager mode which adds more time. However, I only need 122 games

In other news... I finished for the summer yesterday and I gave blood again today :dance:

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for the rep humz2

So I had more money that I thought :woo: And looks like I may purchase that 80GB PS3 for £99. Worth it? For a fat one, pre-owned or would I be better off spending more on a slim pre-owned/new?

Any games that anyone can recommend beyond the generic multi-platformer such as FIFA/COD etc as I have a 360 as well.

Can't wait to get back into FFVII and FFIX :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for the rep humz2

So I had more money that I thought And looks like I may purchase that 80GB PS3 for £99. Worth it? For a fat one, pre-owned or would I be better off spending more on a slim pre-owned/new?

Any games that anyone can recommend beyond the generic multi-platformer such as FIFA/COD etc as I have a 360 as well.

Can't wait to get back into FFVII and FFIX
    tbh m8 i really enjoyed heavy rain, tho its not everyones cuppa tea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    tbh m8 i really enjoyed heavy rain, tho its not everyones cuppa tea
    Stu recommended that as well. The reviews seemed a bit downbeat about it but I suppose at least they tried something different :yep:

ReputationRep:
    £99 80GB pre-owned from Gamestation.
    £225 120GB Slim + FIFA 2010 WC from PC World/Curry's.

Are there any better deals and is there any reason to buy the more expensive new/slim over the fat/pre-owned?

ReputationRep:
    £99 80GB pre-owned from Gamestation.
    £225 120GB Slim + FIFA 2010 WC from PC World/Curry's.

Are there any better deals and is there any reason to buy the more expensive new/slim over the fat/pre-owned?
    Have a look on HUKD and I think there are deals around about the same, I would do it for you but I've got an exam tomorrow morning so I can't waste any time.

Btw 8000th post :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Have a look on HUKD and I think there are deals around about the same, I would do it for you but I've got an exam tomorrow morning so I can't waste any time.

Btw 8000th post :ahee:
    The Curry's one is the only PS3 deal I could find after trawling through 15 pages :rolleyes: lol.

Do you think the cheap pre-owned would be worth it over the expensive new one though?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.