Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Oh, I should say thanks for helping me out!

It does.
    not even a thanks for trying
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    not even a thanks for trying
    :plz2:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks though!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone played Split/Second Velocity?
    Oh.
    My.
    G-d.

ReputationRep:
    just bought Red Dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    Oh.
    My.
    G-d.

i played the demo and it was good. i just fealt like they could have done a bit more with the execution moves, but it was still fun and challenging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montemoney)
    i played the demo and it was good. i just fealt like they could have done a bit more with the execution moves, but it was still fun and challenging.
    My friend bought the game round to play with, and it is amazing. The execution moves are pretty good; you can knock over buildings to smash over the cars.

ReputationRep:
    :bump:

Got the platinum now lol.
    Just joined you with this.

Would've been a long time without those saves you posted up though :yes:

Episodes from Liberty City to do now then I might buy Red Dead. No games left after episodes

ReputationRep:
    Japan gets 3D PS3 functionality on June 10th, with Super Stardust HD and Wipeout HD being updated to support 3D for free.

It will arrive in the US and Europe "later".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montemoney)
    (Original post by chernij)
    Oh.
    My.
    G-d.
    Is it anything like Burnout 3: Takedown was on PS2? Burnout Paradise was a massive let down compared to that for me. Barely kept it a week before trading it in for Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. Been looking up Split Second: Velocity on youtube etc and the damage to cars seems a bit...tame. Gameplay doesn't come across as being as fast as Takedown either from the video's I saw...

I would love something similar to Burnout: Takedown but have yet to find it (Left my PS2 and the game at home when I moved to uni, big mistake. I miss SSX too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Is it anything like Burnout 3: Takedown was on PS2? Burnout Paradise was a massive let down compared to that for me. Barely kept it a week before trading it in for Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. Been looking up Split Second: Velocity on youtube etc and the damage to cars seems a bit...tame. Gameplay doesn't come across as being as fast as Takedown either from the video's I saw...

I would love something similar to Burnout: Takedown but have yet to find it (Left my PS2 and the game at home when I moved to uni, big mistake. I miss SSX too

Im afraid i havnt played much of the burnouts to be able to help you out.
    if you can then download the demo, but to be honest i think the impressions your getting from gameplay videos will be the same when actually playing the game.

but im not saying its a bad game. i found it very enjoyable when i played the demo, but it just could have been improved that little bit extra to make it unique. at the moment it just feels like another racing game to take down opponents.

But i miss SSX also, the first and second games were great. and then 3 and that one for psp were just terrible.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    1/4 way through Dirt 2 trophies already. :mmm: Such an easy game to platinum and I'm on the 2nd highest difficulty setting (There's 5 IIRC). :mmm: Hardcore is too hard. :hand: Gladly there's no trophies that are dependant on which setting you play.

:fyi: I do have better things to do, but not today, rest day.

ReputationRep:
    1/4 way through Dirt 2 trophies already. :mmm: Such an easy game to platinum and I'm on the 2nd highest difficulty setting (There's 5 IIRC). :mmm: Hardcore is too hard. :hand: Gladly there's no trophies that are dependant on which setting you play.

:fyi: I do have better things to do, but not today, rest day.
    Have you got the Dallenbach yet? Can beat hardcore pretty easily with one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Japan gets 3D PS3 functionality on June 10th, with Super Stardust HD and Wipeout HD being updated to support 3D for free.

It will arrive in the US and Europe "later".
    ugh I don't want to play games in 3D. They're good enough as it is.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Have you got the Dallenbach yet? Can beat hardcore pretty easily with one of them.
    No? Don't even know what it is. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    No? Don't even know what it is. :mmm:
    Pretty much the best car for trailblazing. I haven't played DiRT2 in a while but the handling is immense. Almost too easy with one of those.

ReputationRep:
    Completed Assassins Creed II and Batman: Arkham Asylum of late.

Both decent games, ACII is a vast improvement over the terrible first.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody seen the Prince of Persia movie? I haven't played the games but some mates are going to see it tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    Anybody seen the Prince of Persia movie? I haven't played the games but some mates are going to see it tomorrow.
    Yeah I saw it a couple of days ago. Pretty decent for a video game movie, but no great shakes. Not brilliant, but not terrible either.

I've not played any of the games either.

There was a Assassin's Creed moment in that film which was so blatantly ripped-off though! Still looked good.

ReputationRep:
    Red Dead really isn't keeping my attention as much as i feared it could, i thought i would loose days because of it, i think the longest stint ive played is 3hours, i prefer GTA, and cars, and choppers, and being in the city, i do think its good, just, its not been as amazing as i thought.

And whats with not being able to swim? I rode my horse into a tiny bit of water, it went up to its knees, and i bloody died, wtf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Red Dead really isn't keeping my attention as much as i feared it could, i thought i would loose days because of it, i think the longest stint ive played is 3hours, i prefer GTA, and cars, and choppers, and being in the city, i do think its good, just, its not been as amazing as i thought.

And whats with not being able to swim? I rode my horse into a tiny bit of water, it went up to its knees, and i bloody died, wtf.
    Can horses swim irl though? :holmes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.