Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's worth the wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanx)
    I certainly do have it pre-ordered. Sold my American copy to a friend and now just waiting for the release date.

Where did you order it from? I found it for 31.99 from here:

http://www.jackofallgames.co.uk/ps3-...me-p-3093.html
    I actually won a copy :king1: I won't get it early, unfortunately
    (Original post by hobo06)
    It's worth the wait!
    Agreed, Bioshock is a game that everyone should at least try!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Illusionary)

Agreed, Bioshock is a game that everyone should at least try!
    What don't you win tbf? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, what's the story behind that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montemoney)
    same, but my grinding is usually my teeth, due to the frustration of failing a boss battle a million times.
    lol, how far in are you?

ReputationRep:
    can i just say

year 2, computer science, done

:teeth:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    can i just say

:teeth:
    :congrats:

DONE! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanx)
    Wow, what's the story behind that?
    Just a random GameSpot competition that I entered on a whim. I'm amazed that it actually paid off! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    can i just say

Nice! :yy:

My last two uni exams are tomorrow. :sad: :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Nice!

My last two uni exams are tomorrow.
    good luck, but i cant help but think your getting :surprise:by ur uni having 2 in one day

ReputationRep:
    good luck, but i cant help but think your getting :surprise:by ur uni having 2 in one day
    Yep, it's just my luck to have two in one day when almost everyone else has a maximum of one in one day.

:fuhrer:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :hand: You had 8 exams in the space of 2 weeks or so. :p:

Good luck Geoff.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it's just my luck to have two in one day when almost everyone else has a maximum of one in one day.

:fuhrer:
    They'll be over more quickly, at least :console: I've had two two-hour uni exams on a single day, along with Saturday exams as well :nn:
    Find a way to clear your mind a little between the exams, or you'll end up remembering stuff for the first exam during your second :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Good luck Geoff.
    Thanks.

They'll be over more quickly, at least :console: I've had two two-hour uni exams on a single day, along with Saturday exams as well :nn:
    Find a way to clear your mind a little between the exams, or you'll end up remembering stuff for the first exam during your second :erm:
    Not really, because tomorrow is the last day of exams. The majority of Notts uni third years have already finished their finals, and there's just a 100 or so students that have exams tomorrow as well as some other courses that I'm not aware of. :dry:

Yeah I'm going to have about 2 hours to get rid of all the rubbish from my first exam and cram in everything I need to know for my second. :sigh:

...anyway, here's a Killzone 3 teaser trailer:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/03/ki...le-of-carnage/

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished Metal Gear Solid 4 yesterday.

My random thoughts:

- Seemed more like a film than a game with all the cut scenes
    - Story-line got very confusing towards the end with all the twists and turns and revelations (especially the mid-credit scenes)
    - I've played Metal Gear Solid, MGS2, MGS3 & MGS4 but I still was confused as to what exactly was going on most of the time. I think you really need to have played it right from the very beginning to understand it all, and even then it's probably still confusing.
    - I was very confused as to why Raiden cut off 1 arm and then appeared in the ninja suit with no arms. What happened to the other one? He had it when he was blocking the ship?!
    - I felt there was a lack of game action really, often a long cutscene followed by you simply running somewhere and then another cutscene.

Having said that though, it is still a good game and a good end(?) to the series. It's got to rank up there as one of the best game series of all time, probably alongside Half Life and a few others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    Finally finished Metal Gear Solid 4 yesterday.

My random thoughts:

- Seemed more like a film than a game with all the cut scenes
    - Story-line got very confusing towards the end with all the twists and turns and revelations (especially the mid-credit scenes)
    - I've played Metal Gear Solid, MGS2, MGS3 & MGS4 but I still was confused as to what exactly was going on most of the time. I think you really need to have played it right from the very beginning to understand it all, and even then it's probably still confusing.
    - I was very confused as to why Raiden cut off 1 arm and then appeared in the ninja suit with no arms. What happened to the other one? He had it when he was blocking the ship?!
    - I felt there was a lack of game action really, often a long cutscene followed by you simply running somewhere and then another cutscene.

Having said that though, it is still a good game and a good end(?) to the series. It's got to rank up there as one of the best game series of all time, probably alongside Half Life and a few others.
    You can download the Metal Gear Solid Database from the store for free if you really want to get a better understanding of the story. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You can download the Metal Gear Solid Database from the store for free if you really want to get a better understanding of the story. :yep:

What does it entail?

Written accounts of the storylines? Cutscenes from the games?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    What does it entail?

Written accounts of the storylines? Cutscenes from the games?
    I've not used it for an extended period of time, but from what I can remember, there's just lots of text and some images. No cutscenes or anything like that. It explains pretty much everything though.

ReputationRep:
    ...anyway, here's a Killzone 3 teaser trailer:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/03/ki...le-of-carnage/
    Looks interesting. I tried to play Killzone 2 again a few days ago for the first time in months. It just didn't feel slick and not as good as I remember. Probably due to me being too used to playing MW2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Looks interesting. I tried to play Killzone 2 again a few days ago for the first time in months. It just didn't feel slick and not as good as I remember. Probably due to me being too used to playing MW2
    Oh really? I was gonna do the same when I got home from uni, see what it was like and possibly get amongst the downloadable content.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.