Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    On the note of running out of space, I have that problem baaaaaaaaad. I deleted most game installs, too, but I have 11gb of Rock Band songs (a fifth of my 60gb hard-drive, as 5gb is used for the PS3 software).

Also have quite a few downloaded games. I have about 3gb free atm.

ReputationRep:
    I have 10GB left from 80GB. My PS3 is full of full game purchases from PSN...
    so I decided to buy a 500GB hard drive for £60 off amazon. Can't wait for it to arrive! Quick upgrade I've heard, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    I have 10GB left from 80GB. My PS3 is full of full game purchases from PSN...
    so I decided to buy a 500GB hard drive for £60 off amazon. Can't wait for it to arrive! Quick upgrade I've heard, too.
    :yep: Takes all of about two minutes - clicky.

I just platinumed Bioshock today :trophy:

Someone pat me on the back :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    I just platinumed Bioshock today :trophy:

Someone pat me on the back :gah:
    :thumbsup: Congrats (sorry, couldn't find a better smiley).

Bioshock's a fantastic game, and was my first (and only, so far :o:) platinum! It's a bit of a shame that I haven't actually got 100% of the trophies for the game yet per the XMB, as I don't have the DLC...

(Original post by Illusionary)
    :thumbsup: Congrats (sorry, couldn't find a better smiley).

Bioshock's a fantastic game, and was my first (and only, so far :o:) platinum! It's a bit of a shame that I haven't actually got 100% of the trophies for the game yet per the XMB, as I don't have the DLC...

I don't either....I think DLC is quite overpriced, and it empties my wallet and fills up my hard drive =P But each to their own

ReputationRep:
    Guys a bit of help here :sad:

The ps3 switched itself off and the red light is now blinking...I assume it's overheated...but it won't switch back on :no:

I think I might have the yellow light thingy!!! Help!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Guys a bit of help here :sad:

The ps3 switched itself off and the red light is now blinking...I assume it's overheated...but it won't switch back on :no:

I think I might have the yellow light thingy!!! Help!!!!
    Yep you do, leave it overnight and see if it decides to turn back on tomorrow. If it doesn't then you need to give Sony a ring.

If you have a disk stuck in there & you have either the 80 or 40GB version then try this
    Yes, there is a chance you can still eject your disc after a YLOD. Again, flip the power off on the back of your PS3, push down on the Eject button (don't let go), and then flip it back on. Keep holding down the Eject button, until the Fan test starts. It's very loud and you can't miss it. At this time, you can eject the disc successfully. You only have about 20 seconds to do it, but should be plenty.

As of now, this method is confirmed successful on the older 40GB models, and the newer 80GB models that replaced the 40GBs. There is no 100% guarantee, but a very good chance from all the feedback spread across the internet.
    if you have th 60 GB this won't work and you'll have to wait for Sony to send you back your disk which is going to take about 8 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about your YLoD bigmo.

Finished Prototype just now - great game! Not bothering to get the platinum though (as usual)... It's very hard to decide which was the better game between this and Infamous, but I think Prototype just about shades it. There's no annoying good and bad karma, the boss battles were more fun, and (you can fall in a body of water without electrocuting yourself)!

ReputationRep:
    I rented Prototype on 360 and was severely disappointed in all honesty. It was relatively difficult in places, but mainly 'cause of crappy programming. Like the enemies had no real set patterns and would just attack you all at once relentlessly so it was just a total lottery how most battles would turn out. Also that giant boss battle was just stupid and boring... it took too long (like 25 mins) and was the worst idea ever.

Also problems with the controls. You jump in the air to charge a devastator and end up cannonballing into the enemies. The targeting was also poor and the military base infiltrations were a joke since it seemed that whether you sabotaged the censors properly was totally random and there far too many of those missions.

I could go on, but I won't. The game was pretty ******* average in short.

ReputationRep:
    Woop woop host migration in MW2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Finished Prototype just now - great game! Not bothering to get the platinum though (as usual)... It's very hard to decide which was the better game between this and Infamous, but I think Prototype just about shades it. There's no annoying good and bad karma, the boss battles were more fun, and (you can fall in a body of water without electrocuting yourself)!
    I am bored with prototype, don't think I'll bother to finish it. I'm on mission 16, and it's just so repetitive, and the combat isn't even fun anymore...

Infamous had that kind of focused, well paced. You could employ strategies, about how to approach the building, or what powers will best be used in this situation.

Prototype is just a mess combat wise, you switch to your 'power' armor which does nothing apart from preventing you to glide, you can choose between a sword, a tentacle and 2 claws, which amount to the same thing really, the tentacle is the best because it has biggest range. When you get hit, the enemies keep pummelling you ad nauseum. The Strike team are more of an annoyance than anything, takes you 2 minutes to hijack their choppers, but you need to do it every single time... grrr.

Infamous had a great comicbook storyline, even if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, the game pushes on daringly with the story and that's what I love about it.

Granted the exploration aspect in prototype is better... and there's always music in the background, unlike in infamous... but that's about it...

/rant

btw bioshock 2 mp looks absolutely horrendous, can't believe they just let everybody loose with all the plasmids. FAIL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Takes all of about two minutes - clicky.
    Thank you very much! Now I'm just playing the waiting game for it to arrive. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsphyxiateD)
    I rented Prototype on 360 and was severely disappointed in all honesty. It was relatively difficult in places, but mainly 'cause of crappy programming. Like the enemies had no real set patterns and would just attack you all at once relentlessly so it was just a total lottery how most battles would turn out. Also that giant boss battle was just stupid and boring... it took too long (like 25 mins) and was the worst idea ever.

Also problems with the controls. You jump in the air to charge a devastator and end up cannonballing into the enemies. The targeting was also poor and the military base infiltrations were a joke since it seemed that whether you sabotaged the censors properly was totally random and there far too many of those missions.

I could go on, but I won't. The game was pretty ******* average in short.
    :shock: That giant boss battle was brilliant! It was just chaos fighting the boss, the infected, and the military at the same time. :yep:

I don't think you're charging your devastator correctly. You cannonball into enemies when:
    A. You're in Critical Mass and don't hold down the buttons
    B. You're not in Critical Mass then it doesn't matter if you hold down the buttons or not.

To do the devastator you're talking about, you need to be in Critical Mass (obviously), and hold down the buttons whilst in the air.

I 100% agree with you that the military base infiltrations were stupid, due to there being so many of them. If just didn't make sense either that you consume the base commander or whatever, evade the alert, then come back one minute later and no-one recognises you...

In terms of targeting, it's useful when you're actually in a battle so that it locks onto the most dangerous foes, but when you're just in free roam it's silly that it locks onto the military of infected when you actually just want to lock onto any old unknowing citizen.

(Original post by darkos87)
    I am bored with prototype, don't think I'll bother to finish it. I'm on mission 16, and it's just so repetitive, and the combat isn't even fun anymore...

Infamous had that kind of focused, well paced. You could employ strategies, about how to approach the building, or what powers will best be used in this situation.

Prototype is just a mess combat wise, you switch to your 'power' armor which does nothing apart from preventing you to glide, you can choose between a sword, a tentacle and 2 claws, which amount to the same thing really, the tentacle is the best because it has biggest range. When you get hit, the enemies keep pummelling you ad nauseum. The Strike team are more of an annoyance than anything, takes you 2 minutes to hijack their choppers, but you need to do it every single time... grrr.

Infamous had a great comicbook storyline, even if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, the game pushes on daringly with the story and that's what I love about it.

Granted the exploration aspect in prototype is better... and there's always music in the background, unlike in infamous... but that's about it...

/rant

btw bioshock 2 mp looks absolutely horrendous, can't believe they just let everybody loose with all the plasmids. FAIL.
    Wow that's the first time you've quoted me I think! :p:

The blade and the tentacle thing were the best. The tentacle was good when trying to quickly consume something, and generally against weaker opponents. But the blade was the most useful in close combat situations against the harder foes as the jump+slash attack was deadly, and so was the charged up rapid slash attack using triangle. The armour was best used in combat only, as you will take a lot of damage from strike forces most of the time. Just switch back to normal when you're fleeing.

If you find the enemies keep pummelling you, just jump and R2 out of the way, and you'll be able to counter them easily. In terms of strike forces, it's generally easier to evade them than fight them, unless you're in an APC or a tank. That's another thing I liked about the game - being able to go around in tanks and helicopters.

Yeah the story in Prototype isn't great for sure. Seemed very convoluted and the Web of Intrigue targets where just annoying and repetitive and they also broke up the gameplay. The story in Infamous wins hands-down for sure.

Don't get me wrong, Infamous is a brilliant game as well, I just very slightly prefer Prototype. :dontknow:

It's a shame that both games had annoying collectable items though. :huff:

Haven't seen much of the Bioshock 2 multiplayer so I can't really comment..

ReputationRep:
    infamous is getting right on my nerves! There is this one mission (holding off enemies from inside the prison), and i always kill all but 3-4 of them; that takes forever, then i just die & have to start over again! :mad:

Had it just over a month, and havn't completed it yet :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    infamous is getting right on my nerves! There is this one mission (holding off enemies from inside the prison), and i always kill all but 3-4 of them; that takes forever, then i just die & have to start over again! :mad:

The one where your on the electrical fence?
    I borrowed the game for 2 days and I finished it :woo:

But you could try upgrading your powers...or just start climbing up and shocking people from above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    The one where your on the electrical fence?
    I borrowed the game for 2 days and I finished it :woo:

But you could try upgrading your powers...or just start climbing up and shocking people from above.
    Yeah, that one. Bloody ridiculous mission :mad:

I have only played my PS3 about 2-3 times in the last month or 2. Just havn't had the urge to play it all the time

I have tried everything to get past that mission, even standing on the fence, throwing endless grenade things, but the fools keep coming! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)

stand on the fence, get juice all the time. Spam Grenades + megawatt hammer. when the golems come and destroy one of the electrical fences, run to the other, there are 3 in the area. I finished the game on hard, and found it pretty easy

btw, i'm level 9, 99%!!! not according to my stupid sig which never updates.

I'm stuck in prototype, there's a mission towards the end

Spoiler:
    Show
    I just got my infected vision, and need to consume infected targets to go near where that lady friend is to kill the bad guy which kidnapped her. I consume the first infected one after getting the power. then have to run to a military base. I consume the next one and don't get a new waypoint. why?!!

edit: here's the link to the bioshock 2 mp... It's like giving machine guns and magic powers to a bunch of monkeys.
    http://kotaku.com/5352474/bioshock-2...player-trailer

ReputationRep:
    You have to manually update your sig on their site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    I'm stuck in prototype, there's a mission towards the end

Spoiler:
    Show
    I just got my infected vision, and need to consume infected targets to go near where that lady friend is to kill the bad guy which kidnapped her. I consume the first infected one after getting the power. then have to run to a military base. I consume the next one and don't get a new waypoint. why?!!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You have to consume all of the infected soldiers at the military base, not just one of them. You don't need to actually go into the base though. I recommend you disable all the detectors at the base first and then use stealth consume. The bar at the top right needs to be full in order to progress iirc.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.