Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jev)
    lol, how far in are you?
    im up to the part where i can finally choose who i want in my party. i think thats chapter 9.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if fallout 3's any good? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    No matter when it is released I can say goodbye to any chance of a decent uni grade

On a similar note, does GT5 prologue have damage built into it from the start? I can't get online with my PS3 for at least another month so no updates for me

EDIT: On another note, moving into a house next year in central southampton. Two of the 5 of us have PS3 and will want to get on the net with them. What is a good internet provider to go for? I understand we would need unlimited (or as near as) usage with the amount we 5 download from the net as it is.
    GT5 Prologue does not have damage, and there won't be an update that brings damage to cars.

GT5 should ship with damage built in. Iirc there won't be damage for all cars. Damage is meant to be most detailed in the rally races I think, and less detailed for normal races.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jobo3)
    Anyone know if fallout 3's any good? x
    It didn't win Game of the Year for no reason (you will have to learn to put up with several annoying bugs and glitches, especially on the PS3 version), it is well worth it though. I racked up 96 hours when I played it through including the Broken Steel DLC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Updated. :yy:

In other news, I've finished uni!!!

:party:
    Congratulations mate Is it the same feeling you get after finishing high school? Because i have that feeling

20 sumin author hearts on LBP :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Just so many different problems, only one of them had YLOD, the rest had problems with bluetooth, freezing etc etc...

I think only one of my mates has my PSN details, I've got like 8 people though...so many free games!

Why did you tell them you'd game shared?
    Ahh
    I bet none of the 8 people know just how many PSN details you have! :rolleyes:
    I didn't :woo: It's just that I had no reasons for using up my activations. I told them that they broke, and they said that I'd have to give them the customer support reference etc. Obviously I didn't have them, so they took it upon themselves to assume I'd game shared.
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Asda: GT5 expected for September release

Isn't that what Argos thought?
    It will be September. I'm sure.
    I recently heard a rumour that they'll release it the day before F1 2010 comes out, in an attempt to out-compete them. Everyone's mega hyped up for Gran Turismo 5, so everyone will buy it as soon as it comes out. If they bring it out a day before their biggest rival, it'll destroy them.
    Fierce competition or what?
    Oh, and here's about F1 2010:
    A new generation of FORMULA ONE games will come to high definition consoles and PC later this year as Codemasters® today announced that F1 2010 will be released this September for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC Games For Windows®. As the official game of the 2010 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, F1 2010 will include all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the coming season. F1 2010 will feature the return of seven times FORMULA 1 Drivers’ World Champion Michael Schumacher, the introduction of several new teams, and the brand new Korean International Circuit that will host the 2010 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX.
    The September launch will see F1 2010 become the first official FORMULA ONE game to appear for Xbox 360 and marks the return of FORMULA ONE to PC after an eight year absence. The arrival of the HD editions of FORMULA ONE follows Codemasters’ extremely successful launch of F1 2009 for Wii and PSP, which became a top five best seller throughout the past holiday period.
    In F1 2010 gamers will take on the full, expanded grid in a variety of game modes including GRAND PRIX, Championship, Time Trial and an extensive, innovative Career mode. F1 2010 will also feature a highly advanced damage model, fully dynamic weather system and extensive competitive multiplayer options.
    In production at Codemasters Studios Birmingham, F1 2010 is being developed using the EGO Game Technology Platform, Codemasters’ proprietary tech that powered the critically acclaimed, million-plus selling Colin McRae: DiRT 2 and Race Driver: GRID. The award-winning technology has been further developed to accurately recreate the unique aerodynamics and handling of 200MPH+ FORMULA ONE cars. The tech combined with Codemasters’ unprecedented access to FORMULA ONE teams and drivers will ensure that F1 2010 delivers the most authentic FORMULA ONE racing experience yet. F1 2010 will be released September 2010 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Games for Windows.

ReputationRep:
    :rant: My PS3 has now decided it doesn't want to work on my TV via HDMI at all (I've been running through a HDMI audio splitter box to work, as it randomly stopped working directly). It still works absolutely fine on one friend's TV, directly, but another friend's who I went to last week it wouldn't work (yet another friend's PS3 worked on it). So I still have no idea if it's the TV or PS3
    Think I might just have to get it replaced and see what happens. If I still have problems then I know I need a new TV too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    It didn't win Game of the Year for no reason (you will have to learn to put up with several annoying bugs and glitches, especially on the PS3 version), it is well worth it though. I racked up 96 hours when I played it through including the Broken Steel DLC.
    Nice one, picked it up for a fiver from gamestation today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jobo3)
    That's a pretty good price, tell me what you think of it (it takes a while to get into it, especially when you leave the bunker, it's pretty over-whelming the scale of the world.

ReputationRep:
    Getting the herd of horses to canyon in Red Dead blows still failing at it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    Ahh
    I bet none of the 8 people know just how many PSN details you have! :rolleyes:
    I didn't :woo: It's just that I had no reasons for using up my activations. I told them that they broke, and they said that I'd have to give them the customer support reference etc. Obviously I didn't have them, so they took it upon themselves to assume I'd game shared.
    I've told them, I know them all so they all know I've got their details. It's not even that I download games off their accounts on a regular basis, it's stuff like they've let me download a map for [email protected] zombies and I've kept the details just incase they need me to deactivate their account. Most of the PS3's I've had replaced haven't been through Sony so if I did phone them up I wouldn't be able to give them that many references.

I'm guessing your brother has to make a new account now and buy the stuff again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jobo3)
    Nice one, is it game of the year edition?
    I managed to get GOTY edition from HMV for about £20, comes with all the additional content. Even without the extras it still consumed many, many hours of my life. I love it, I'd rank it in my top five of all time. Its a bit glitchy and the further in you get, the more you have to reset so save often because nothing sucks more than running from one end of the wasteland to the other just to have the game freeze on you.

That said, Fallout New Vegas should be out soon and it looks pretty similiar to Fallout 3 but better, you know? Lets hope they've ironed out those glitches.
    (Original post by montemoney)
    im up to the part where i can finally choose who i want in my party. i think thats chapter 9.
    Ah right cool, I'm pretty much roaming around doing pretty much the only sidequest the game offers lol. Once the game is finished you get a Crystarium upgrade and free roam, things are getting slightly easier to kill lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuks)
    Congratulations mate Is it the same feeling you get after finishing high school? Because i have that feeling
    It's a MUCH better feeling than finishing high school as you realise that you've finished education once and for all!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    It's a MUCH better feeling than finishing high school as you realise that you've finished education once and for all!!! :woo:
    Hahaha Lucky you!!!
    I've got 3 years ahead of me but I'm not thinking about it till October :p:

ReputationRep:
    Motorstorm 3 could be set in a totally different environment to the previous versions.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ****... Dirt 2 is solid online.

ReputationRep:
    I've told them, I know them all so they all know I've got their details. It's not even that I download games off their accounts on a regular basis, it's stuff like they've let me download a map for [email protected] zombies and I've kept the details just incase they need me to deactivate their account. Most of the PS3's I've had replaced haven't been through Sony so if I did phone them up I wouldn't be able to give them that many references.

I'm guessing your brother has to make a new account now and buy the stuff again?
    That's OK then.
    Nope. I finally got through to one of my friends that had a working PS3 and deactivated it So my brother has everything now :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but now you've gotta look for a job and be all independent like! I'd be terrified! I think I might do a masters just cos of that :p:

(Original post by chernij)
    That's OK then.
    Nope. I finally got through to one of my friends that had a working PS3 and deactivated it So my brother has everything now :cool:
    :yy:

Now you've gotta make sure you don't get YLOD otherwise it's all gone! :mmm:

I'm losing love for my PS3 tbh, I haven't been on it for the best part of a month now and I'm probably happier than when I was on it every night...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm losing love for my PS3 tbh, I haven't been on it for the best part of a month now and I'm probably happier than when I was on it every night...
    I was like that for a little while... just need a good game. The next CoD or GT5 or Fifa 11. :dontknow:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.