Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just got the one platinum game: R&C Tools of Destruction. I'm not OCD enough to have the urge to trade it in for a normal case!

ReputationRep:
    Valkyria Chronicles for £11.96 :eek:

Many of you may not have heard of this, but this is a seriously good price for an amazing game - I strongly suggest that you pick it up while you can!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Valkyria Chronicles for £11.96 :eek:

Many of you may not have heard of this, but this is a seriously good price for an amazing game - I strongly suggest that you pick it up while you can!
    :hand:

Expired. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    at last a thread i can post in without having to think or hear about rob greens shocker :cry:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    at last a thread i can post in without having to think or hear about rob greens shocker :cry:
    Indeed, England won the World Cup with a draw in the opening game. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    lads i need a game for over the holidays

here are the list of games i have bought / played since having the ps3 (its not a big list btw)

gta
    fifa
    heavy rain
    unreal tournament
    tiger woods
    cod
    LBP (hated it)
    modnation racers

based on this, i need a new game for over the summer - i was thinking gt prologue, and the gf likes cars which means we could both play? Any opinions on others?

ReputationRep:

here are the list of games i have bought / played since having the ps3 (its not a big list btw)

gta
    fifa
    heavy rain
    unreal tournament
    tiger woods
    cod
    LBP (hated it)
    modnation racers

based on this, i need a new game for over the summer - i was thinking gt prologue, and the gf likes cars which means we could both play? Any opinions on others?
    GT5P is a good choice. How about Assassin's Creed 2, Uncharted 2 (it's very different to Tomb Raider, Bioshock.

In other news, GT5 has over 950 cars!

ReputationRep:

gta
    fifa
    heavy rain
    unreal tournament
    tiger woods
    cod
    LBP (hated it)
    modnation racers

Definitely Uncharted 2!

It's had a huge price cut now because of the Platinum release (~£15). Also:

-MGS4
    -Assassin's Creed II
    -BioShock 1 and 2 (I think the first one is better)
    -Red Dead Redemption

GT5P is a really good sim racer but I think the real game is coming out soon isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys whats so good about the 250gb over the 120gb PS3's? Sorry im totally new to this and buying one for my younger brother, hes only going to play games on it if it helps...

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mos Def)
    Hey guys whats so good about the 250gb over the 120gb PS3's? Sorry im totally new to this and buying one for my younger brother, hes only going to play games on it if it helps...

Cheers!
    There's no difference between the two apart from the size of the hard drive. I would recommend the 250GB since the extra storage space will come in handy, and you should be able to get some good deals on them from Amazon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    There's no difference between the two apart from the size of the hard drive. I would recommend the 250GB since the extra storage space will come in handy, and you should be able to get some good deals on them from Amazon.
    Handy for what exactly?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Handy for what exactly?
    Downloading films and trailers in HD, games, demos from the PS store. :dontknow: 120GB is fine for me.

ReputationRep:
    Handy for what exactly?
    What Mike said. The space gets used up very quickly, and if your brother installs a lot of his games onto the hard drive, 120GB will be gone in no time. I personally bought a 500GB hard drive to replace the 250GB one that came with my PS3, but 250GB should be sufficient for most people.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I want to buy a ps3 but i'm short on cash. So, i check gamestation and they have a 80gb ps3 preowned for £99.99 but its out of stock.
    Would you guys say this looks like a good deal. Also how fast does stock come in?

ReputationRep:
    Well if they're preowned I'd say you'd have to wait until someone brings them in? But idk, maybe that's not how gamestation work.
    £99.99 sounds like a fair deal especially for 80gb but then I'm probably saying that because I paid over £300 for my one which is only 40(I think) about 2 years ago.
    I'm sure they have a refund system too incase its dodgy. Go for it I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigster91)
    Hey I want to buy a ps3 but i'm short on cash. So, i check gamestation and they have a 80gb ps3 preowned for £99.99 but its out of stock.
    Would you guys say this looks like a good deal. Also how fast does stock come in?
    Only buy it if you can get a warranty on it. 3 years preferably.

The older models are more prone to breaking down.

ReputationRep:
    I want to say something about mine not breaking down but I know it'll probably break down if I say anything

ReputationRep:
    I've got a 40GB HD in my PS3 and I've never had any problems with that size.....

ReputationRep:
    yeh same i use hardly any space on my ps3. i dont see the problem with deleting old demos or downloaded videos that you dont play anymore. and if for whatever reason you do feel like playing it again its just a couple clicks away in your download history.

ReputationRep:
    500GB on mine
    I have a load of downloaded tv shows and movies (Gaving & Stacey, House, Heroes, Glee, TBBT etc)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.