Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That Bioshock 2 trailer looks way too chaotic. Being able to play as a Big Daddy would be far too overpowered surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Yeah, that one. Bloody ridiculous mission :mad:

I have only played my PS3 about 2-3 times in the last month or 2. Just havn't had the urge to play it all the time

I have tried everything to get past that mission, even standing on the fence, throwing endless grenade things, but the fools keep coming! :lol:
    Well if all else fails just change the difficulty to easy :awesome:

I'm trying to do it on hard while trying to be evil...being evil is hard work!

ReputationRep:
    I Am Level 10 Woot!

ReputationRep:
    Only 40 minutes until the hard drive upgrade is complete...
    just quick question:
    I backed up and I am restoring now. Will every game save and game data, and PSN game be on the new hard drive after backup restoration? I made a list of everything we had on the console we wanted, but before I backed up it said something about copy protected stuff. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Well if all else fails just change the difficulty to easy :awesome:

I'm trying to do it on hard while trying to be evil...being evil is hard work!
    I'd rather snap the disc then play it on Easy :p:

Being evil looks funny

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about you guys, but just seeing the halo odst live action trailer makes me want to get the game, regardless of what it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGyh1_7lv-4

:coma:

compare it with resistance 2 'live movie' trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_772pAt_gSo

... no comments.

edit: I forgot MAG new trailer which is even worse IMO

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/...r-mag-trailer/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    Only 40 minutes until the hard drive upgrade is complete...
    just quick question:
    I backed up and I am restoring now. Will every game save and game data, and PSN game be on the new hard drive after backup restoration? I made a list of everything we had on the console we wanted, but before I backed up it said something about copy protected stuff. Thanks.
    I think so, whenever I've had to do it all my game saves haven been restored tho I didn't get the PSN games restored because it was a different PS3, however if it's the same PS3 then it should be fine.

(Original post by .Andrew.)
    I'd rather snap the disc then play it on Easy :p:

Being evil looks funny
    It might look funny but its real hard work! Beating people up, killing cops, making Trish hate you :mmm:
    But my ps3 has broken so I can't do it anymore :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    I don't know about you guys, but just seeing the halo odst live action trailer makes me want to get the game, regardless of what it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGyh1_7lv-4

:coma:
    It wasn't that good, it was cool tho but it's only a trailer...remember the first Endwar trailer...that looked awesome but the game was terrible.

compare it with resistance 2 'live movie' trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_772pAt_gSo

... no comments.
    ..well I've never seen that before but it was pretty short and pretty crap too...

edit: I forgot MAG new trailer which is even worse IMO

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/...r-mag-trailer/
    The very first trailer they showed was pretty good...but the game doesn't look too good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I think so, whenever I've had to do it all my game saves haven been restored tho I didn't get the PSN games restored because it was a different PS3, however if it's the same PS3 then it should be fine.
    Thanks
    I checked it and everything was there so I'm quite happy now!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a 60gb PS3 that they've bought within the last year? Or did they get discontinued before then?

Edit: There is no way I'm paying £130 to get my PS3 fixed...it's not my fault they sent me a **** PS3 which didn't even last a year :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Think the 60GB was discontinued more than a year ago.

Why are they charging £130 to fix it? Surely you must be covered by warranty...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    Think the 60GB was discontinued more than a year ago.

Why are they charging £130 to fix it? Surely you must be covered by warranty...
    no that's the problem...I'm on my 3rd/4th PS3 (can't remember) and they just offer an out of warranty repair for it :o:

If they make a PS3 that is meant to last 10 years then why does it break within the first year? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Is it me, post 3.00 update, some trophy %'s changed, I could've sworn I didn't 70% in Uncharted....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    Is it me, post 3.00 update, some trophy %'s changed, I could've sworn I didn't 70% in Uncharted....
    Mine seems exactly the same. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    :ditto:
    I think it's something to do with additional content... the trophy % is % of game trophies gained, excluding additional trophies. The trophies acheived from DLC content (e.g. Ultimate Team content in FIFA09) is not counted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    :ditto:
    I think it's something to do with additional content... the trophy % is % of game trophies gained, excluding additional trophies. The trophies acheived from DLC content (e.g. Ultimate Team content in FIFA09) is not counted.
    But then there hasn't been any DLC that was released for Uncharted, even though the trophy % went up for him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    But then there hasn't been any DLC that was released for Uncharted, even though the trophy % went up for him?
    Ahh true... hmm...

ReputationRep:
    :bawling:

My PS3 just got the YLoD!

:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Argh! I just realised that update 3.0 is probably the cause of my PS3's death! :fuhrer:

Read the comments in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr1zy...eature=related

It's no coincidence that this happens to me days after updating the firmware to 3.0, when I've had no problems with the console since I bought it on launch day! :banghead:

So much hassle to get it fixed now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Argh! I just realised that update 3.0 is probably the cause of my PS3's death! :fuhrer:

Read the comments in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr1zy...eature=related

It's no coincidence that this happens to me days after updating the firmware to 3.0, when I've had no problems with the console since I bought it on launch day! :banghead:

So much hassle to get it fixed now!
    ouch man that sucks... I think I'll play my ps3 a bit less now, just waiting for the next firmware update to fix bugs etc...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 29, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.