(Original post by meskell)
    :mmm: Until it gets over the PSN :awesome:

Does anybody play PES in here or is everyone into FIFA :unsure:
    Fifa fan for life! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    :mmm: Until it gets over the PSN :awesome:

Does anybody play PES in here or is everyone into FIFA :unsure:
    FIFA. I couldn't take any more poor PES games. I played the demo for the most recent one and decided enough is enough.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed on the most recent PES games :facepalm2: such a disappointment. I'm still holding out hope for the new one though :rolleyes:

I have heard rumours about the new PSN 'subscription-esq' model. Is this one os those gimmicks that is likely to die out by this time next year?

ReputationRep:
    Fifa Ftw!

ReputationRep:
    Ergh football games. yuck :-p haha

mw2. uncharted 2. .. even those i use my ps3 as a TV more than a console :/ lol

ReputationRep:
    Agreed on the most recent PES games :facepalm2: such a disappointment. I'm still holding out hope for the new one though :rolleyes:

I have heard rumours about the new PSN 'subscription-esq' model. Is this one os those gimmicks that is likely to die out by this time next year?
    Why bother, everyone's defected to FIFA so go with the flow! :five: :woo:

The new PSN+ subscription service does not sound worth it. You'll get a good enough service from the free PSN anyway. The only think that might be useful is cross-game chat but I've not had a real need for it as I rarely use my headset when gaming anyway.

(Original post by x Ciara x)
    Ergh football games. yuck :-p haha

mw2. uncharted 2. .. even those i use my ps3 as a TV more than a console :/ lol
    Whatever floats your boat. :yy: My PS3 is solely for games. I have a computer to sort out my TV needs. :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    I am now only ~900 from two gold gems thanks to this soc :mmm:

I have FIFA on the 360 but I am 99% likely to get the new one on the PS3 as all my friends have PS3s :woohoo:

I'm not even sure why I would keep my 360 tbph :unsure:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

I have FIFA on the 360 but I am 99% likely to get the new one on the PS3 as all my friends have PS3s :woohoo:

Ditch the stupid achievement 'G's on XBox, become a trophy whore! :woo:

8 platinum trophies here. :proud: (almost 9, if I play Dirt 2 for a few more hours)

ReputationRep:

Welcome to the dark side.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Welcome to the dark side that rewards trophies.
    Fixed. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Fixed. :p:
    You shameless trophy hoarder you. :awesome:

I'd like to think I started the ball rolling with your trophy hoarding by helping you out in those Spec Ops missions back in MW2. Ever since then, well you know what happened! :teehee:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You shameless trophy hoarder you. :awesome:

I'd like to think I started the ball rolling with your trophy hoarding by helping you out in those Spec Ops missions back in MW2. Ever since then, well you know what happened! :teehee:

Oh indeed, you and Bigmo. :yep:

ReputationRep:

Oh indeed, you and Bigmo. :yep:
    :bhangra:

How many plats have you got now? I'm still on 3 afaik.

Hardly been playing my PS3 recently due to the World Cup and Wimbledon. Football and tennis take precedent over gaming for me I'm afraid. :sad:

For the past few days I've literally been sat on the sofa switching between the WC and Wimbledon for the whole afternoon. :facepalm2:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :bhangra:

How many plats have you got now? I'm still on 3 afaik.

Hardly been playing my PS3 recently due to the World Cup and Wimbledon. Football and tennis take precedent over gaming for me I'm afraid. :sad:

For the past few days I've literally been sat on the sofa switching between the WC and Wimbledon for the whole afternoon. :facepalm2:
    8, almost 9, if I keep at Dirt 2 for a few more hours.

Me too, I've just been nipping on and off Fifa UT every now and again. :rolleyes: I think I've watched nearly all the WC games so far, at least 90% of them. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    8, almost 9, if I keep at Dirt 2 for a few more hours.

Me too, I've just been nipping on and off Fifa UT every now and again. :rolleyes: I think I've watched nearly all the WC games so far, at least 90% of them. :indiff:
    I'll get back on Batman soon. I really want to just finish it now. It normally doesn't take me this long to finish a game but there's been too many other things to do/watch! :sad:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'll get back on Batman soon. I really want to just finish it now. It normally doesn't take me this long to finish a game but there's been too many other things to do/watch! :sad:
    The Mahut v Isner game was pretty epic! :rofl:

(Tennis match at Wimbledon, for anyone who doesn't know what I'm on about)

ReputationRep:
    What's the point in ps3 trophies?

Is there a practical benefit of achieving them? Because if they made it so you could use them for cheaper ps3 store downloads then it'd be sick.

Other than that it just seems like a gimmick.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever floats your boat. :yy: My PS3 is solely for games. I have a computer to sort out my TV needs. :yeah:
    haha it begins with mw2 then when that annoys me its time to find some family guy! :p:woo:

ReputationRep:
    The Mahut v Isner game was pretty epic! :rofl:

(Tennis match at Wimbledon, for anyone who doesn't know what I'm on about)
    Yep it was brilliant. Didn't mind who won, must have been heartbreaking for Mahut though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j2j243)
    What's the point in ps3 trophies?

Is there a practical benefit of achieving them? Because if they made it so you could use them for cheaper ps3 store downloads then it'd be sick.

Other than that it just seems like a gimmick.
    It's pretty much identical to the Xbox gamerpoints isn't it? It's just there for a sense of achievement for "completionists" and to show off a bit too I guess.

(Original post by x Ciara x)
    haha it begins with mw2 then when that annoys me its time to find some family guy! :p:woo:
    Get another game! :yep:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.