Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    It's pretty much identical to the Xbox gamerpoints isn't it? It's just there for a sense of achievement for "completionists" and to show off a bit too I guess.
    I mean fair enough, but I'd have thought a decent game should have given you the sense of achievement you wanted? Although I can see that it adds some more depth to the game itself.

Each to their own though. The ps3 is amazing anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j2j243)
    I mean fair enough, but I'd have thought a decent game should have given you the sense of achievement you wanted? Although I can see that it adds some more depth to the game itself.

Each to their own though. The ps3 is amazing anyway.
    True, but I have found that when trophies were introduced, I began to do things I normally wouldn't do if I was just playing the game normally just to get a couple of easy trophies here and there. I guess for some the sound of a trophy appearing is reward enough! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only who does not give a crap about trophies? I really don't see the point of them.

There are a few games I want to get, but I'm so poor, rofl. What's people views on 'Demon Souls'? It looks good but quite slow to me

ReputationRep:
    Once I get the console in a week or so i will have about £100 spare for games. What games should I be looking at?

Atm I'm thinking:
    Unchartered 2 (and maybe 1)
    MGS4
    FFVII + IX (Maybe FFXIII but really haven't liked the sound of the game tbh.)
    Assasins Creed 2?
    PES (because a PS is not complete without it ffs although quick question. Are the old PES games on the PSN?)
    Heavy Rain if someone can convince me :unsure:
    Red Dead Redemption.
    Batman: Arkham Asylum

Anything I'm missing?

(I wasn't a fan of LBP tbh)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Once I get the console in a week or so i will have about £100 spare for games. What games should I be looking at?

Atm I'm thinking:
    MGS4
    Assasins Creed 2?
    PES (because a PS is not complete without it ffs although quick question. Are the old PES games on the PSN?)
    Red Dead Redemption.

Anything I'm missing?

Those will definitely get you off to a good start, especially Batman ans Uncharted 2. I'd suggest Uncharted 1, inFamous, Ratchet and Clank (both of the games), FFXIII and possibly CoD:MW2 as other games to supplement your collection when you feel the need for something new.

ReputationRep:

Atm I'm thinking:
    MGS4
    Assasins Creed 2?
    Red Dead Redemption.

Anything I'm missing?

Pretty good list. I would suggest you get Uncharted 1 as well especially since it will be dirt cheap now.

Don't bother spending £8 each on FFVII and IX when you've only just got a PS3. Use that £16 to go towards FFXIII as it's a fantastic game.

The old PES games aren't on the PSN. Tbh now would be the perfect time to defect to FIFA. New console, new footy game. :awesome:

Heavy Rain is an excellent game, you will not have played anything like it and it's definitely an experience you should not miss out on.

Assassin's Creed 2, Red Dead and Batman are good choices. Maybe Bioshock 1 and 2 too?

ReputationRep:
    I really disliked Bioshock 1 tbh. I think I came to it too late and could just never get into it :dontknow: How does the new one compare?

FFVII is my all time favourite game and IX isn't far behind it. I might be able to download them for free though :shh: :mmm: I didn't like all the talk of linearity with regards to XIII if I'm honest. I'm not really into the pseduo-RPG genre (looking at Mass Effect type games here) so the dungeon crawling would probably bug me :unsure:

I have FIFA already on the 360 :awesome: I might pick up the WC game if I can find it cheap enough, ~£20.

I sold my MW2 on the 360 for Bad Company 2 :sogood:

Is inFamous similar to Prototype? Which was a very fun game until they just make the missions ridiculously hard for the sake of it :rolleyes:

It would probably be a good idea to pick up Unchartered 1 as an introduction to the series :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I really disliked Bioshock 1 tbh. I think I came to it too late and could just never get into it :dontknow: How does the new one compare?

FFVII is my all time favourite game and IX isn't far behind it. I might be able to download them for free though :shh: :mmm: I didn't like all the talk of linearity with regards to XIII if I'm honest. I'm not really into the pseduo-RPG genre (looking at Mass Effect type games here) so the dungeon crawling would probably bug me :unsure:

I have FIFA already on the 360 :awesome: I might pick up the WC game if I can find it cheap enough, ~£20.

Is inFamous similar to Prototype? Which was a very fun game until they just make the missions ridiculously hard for the sake of it :rolleyes:

It would probably be a good idea to pick up Unchartered 1 as an introduction to the series :yep:
    In my opinion, Prototype is better. But it's kind of similar, in a way. You can go nuts in that game. It was like heaven when I first played it.

ReputationRep:

Bioshock 2 is brilliant, but if you didn't like the first one, it's likely you won't like the second.

FFXIII isn't really comparable to Mass Effect I don't think and the linearity isn't that bad. It still looks and feels like a Final Fantasy game and has one of the best stories I've come across in a FF game for a long time. If you're a Final Fantasy fan, you have to check out FFXIII.

InFamous is similar to Prototype in some regards, but different when it comes to the core gameplay mechanics. It's not a particularly hard game, and definitely not any harder than Prototype.

ReputationRep:
    For the past few days I've literally been sat on the sofa switching between the WC and Wimbledon for the whole afternoon. :facepalm2:
    Same. :sigh:

Although there are worse things to be doing and it's actually good fun, like the Italy game yesterday :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Same. :sigh:

Although there are worse things to be doing and it's actually good fun, like the Italy game yesterday :sogood:
    Even the Japan game was really good. Those free kicks were awesome! :shock:

ReputationRep:
    Even the Japan game was really good. Those free kicks were awesome! :shock:
    I know! How the **** did they manage it twice as well!?! Denmark's keeper was pretty clumsy though, made Robert Green look half decent :p:

Portugal V Brazil tomorrow :sogood: can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I know! How the **** did they manage it twice as well!?! Denmark's keeper was pretty clumsy though, made Robert Green look half decent :p:

Portugal V Brazil tomorrow :sogood: can't wait!
    Yep he should have saved the first goal but no-one would have saved the second.

Can't wait for today's game. Spain as well tonight. Maybe another upset?! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    More info on FIFA 11's Personality+

Doesn't FIFA already do this though? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    More info on FIFA 11's Personality+

Doesn't FIFA already do this though?
    i dont no about doing it already, but its pretty cool from a technological view point : D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    i dont no about doing it already, but its pretty cool from a technological view point : D
    Well in terms of shooting if a defender took a shot in FIFA 10, it wouldn't be nearly as accurate than a striker's shot.

ReputationRep:
    Well in terms of shooting if a defender took a shot in FIFA 10, it wouldn't be nearly as accurate than a striker's shot.
    yeh thats a very good point, but maybe they just had a linear
    Code:
    if (isdefender == true){
        badshot == true;
    }
    where badshot just means that they will shoot to any given circumstance. Maybe that changes now where they have a ball park figure of accuracy where every shot that player x has resides in a certain degree of accuracy, so 1/250 shots blasts in to the top corner (as it stands i dont think i have ever blasted one in to the top courner with a defender yet?)

I dunno tho i am just speculating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    yeh thats a very good point, but maybe they just had a linear
    Code:
    if (isdefender == true){
        badshot == true;
    }
    where badshot just means that they will shoot to any given circumstance. Maybe that changes now where they have a ball park figure of accuracy where every shot that player x has resides in a certain degree of accuracy, so 1/250 shots blasts in to the top corner (as it stands i dont think i have ever blasted one in to the top courner with a defender yet?)

I dunno tho i am just speculating
    Yeah it could be that. They are probably just building on what they have already to make it more "realistic".

Btw, how did you get 10 warning points?! :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it could be that. They are probably just building on what they have already to make it more "realistic".

Btw, how did you get 10 warning points?!
    2 5 pointers for swear filters etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Those will definitely get you off to a good start, especially Batman ans Uncharted 2. I'd suggest Uncharted 1, inFamous, Ratchet and Clank (both of the games), FFXIII and possibly CoD:MW2 as other games to supplement your collection when you feel the need for something new.
    Is Rachet and Clank similar and as good as the first or second game on the PS2 was? I remember enjoying the demo of one of the PS2 games a lot but never buying it which I kinda regret now

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 29, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.