Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    lol you have to use the crossbow tower too as they're really good against the spiders.

Basically the small monsters have little health and the big monsters have more health. If they are flashing, they have a lot more health.
    Never knew that?!

Little, slightly more and lots don't help tbf. Going to use the trophy guide to get me through this level, spent about 3hrs on it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Never knew that?!

Little, slightly more and lots don't help tbf. Going to use the trophy guide to get me through this level, spent about 3hrs on it now.
    The crossbow tower is the tower you build in the tutorial! :eek:

Yep gamefaqs comes in handy as usual.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The crossbow tower is the tower you build in the tutorial! :eek:

Yep gamefaqs comes in handy as usual.
    I can't remember everything.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/944234-p...ers/faqs/55332 This makes it sound piss easy! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember everything.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/944234-p...ers/faqs/55332 This makes it sound piss easy! :grin:
    Hah that guide is awesome!

Considering you only get the choice of four towers at the start, I'm amazed you never used the arrow one!

I really hope Sony becomes awesome and releases a Ico & Shadow of the Colossus collection in HD :coma: like they did with God of War. They're my favourite games ever and this would be utter fan service. Would also fit in with the inevitable release of Team Ico's mystery game - which can do no wrong.

Do this, Sony. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I really hope Sony becomes awesome and releases a Ico & Shadow of the Colossus collection in HD :coma: like they did with God of War. They're my favourite games ever and this would be utter fan service. Would also fit in with the inevitable release of Team Ico's mystery game - which can do no wrong.

Do this, Sony. :puppyeyes:
    Slated for release in 2011 according to French Amazon, which Illusionary enlightened us with a few days ago.

Slated for release in 2011 according to French Amazon, which Illusionary enlightened us with a few days ago.
    I see it being officially unveiled at the Tokyo Game Show later this year.

EDIT: Wait, what? The collection or the mystery game?

ReputationRep:
    Along with more info on Final Fantasy v XIII I'm praying!!! Why has there been no news on that game for ages?! :lolwut:

Along with more info on Final Fantasy v XIII I'm praying!!! Why has there been no news on that game for ages?! :lolwut:
    Trailer looks :coma:. Not too keen on the FF14 MMO though :awesome:

ReputationRep:

EDIT: Wait, what? The collection or the mystery game?
    The collection: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=26152699
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Someone recommend me another game to get from PSS please? I've got about £2.69 to spend. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Trailer looks :coma:. Not too keen on the FF14 MMO though :awesome:
    :ditto:

I can't see myself paying a monthly subscription to play any mmorpg.

Someone recommend me another game to get from PSS please? I've got about £2.69 to spend. :p:
    Are there many games you can get for £2.69?! :eek:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Are there many games you can get for £2.69?! :eek:
    :holmes: Can't remember tbh, which is why I asked. :p:

Might get myself a gold packet on Fifa UT :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    :holmes: Can't remember tbh, which is why I asked. :p:

Might get myself a gold packet on Fifa UT :ahee:
    Why don't you try the other PixelJunk games? They are quite cheap iirc.

ReputationRep:
    Hallo. I'm thinking of selling all of my Xbox stuff and moving to the dark side, and after a bit of research this morning it seems that I can just about do a straight swap of all of my stuff for a PS3 Slim 120GB.

I have a few questions though, and I couldn't think of a better place than this congregation of learned minds. Is the PS3 wireless, or will I need to buy something in order to connect to Wifi as I did with my Xbox? I heard that online gaming is free on the PS3, is this true (I really am a bit of a newb when it comes to Sony)? If so, is it any good? What kind of connections come as standard on the PS3 slim, is there a HDMI cable included usually? If not, what is? Is there anything special about the Slim 120GB model I should know? Most importantly, do you think the console is good?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, my future brethren. :ahee:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Why don't you try the other PizelJunk games? They are quite cheap iirc.
    What's PizelJunk? :ahee: I'll consider it :ta: but I wouldn't get it if it's similar to Monsters.

(Original post by jermaindefoe)
    x
    Do you still use your other PSN name? I'm cleaning up my friends list.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Hallo. I'm thinking of selling all of my Xbox stuff and moving to the dark side, and after a bit of research this morning it seems that I can just about do a straight swap of all of my stuff for a PS3 Slim 120GB.

I have a few questions though, and I couldn't think of a better place than this congregation of learned minds. Is the PS3 wireless, or will I need to buy something in order to connect to Wifi as I did with my Xbox? I heard that online gaming is free on the PS3, is this true (I really am a bit of a newb when it comes to Sony)? If so, is it any good? What kind of connections come as standard on the PS3 slim, is there a HDMI cable included usually? If not, what is? Is there anything special about the Slim 120GB model I should know? Most importantly, do you think the console is good?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, my future brethren. :ahee:
    The PS3 is indeed wireless, no need for adapters or anything. Playing online is free. My bro complains about it when he's playing CoD:MW2, because his games always lose connection or host migrations etc but whether that's anything to with the servers or the connection I don't know. When I play Dirt 2, Uncharted 2, LittleBigPlanet or BFBC2 online, it seems perfectly fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlaySta...e#Connectivity

I don't think my 120GB Slim came with an HDMI cable. I can't remember for sure. :holmes: To keep it short, PS3 kicks everyone's butts. :cool:

Edit:
    No HDMI cable is provided. :holmes:
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/P...e/m-p/43655173
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4103146AAkGcOW

A cheap one <£10 is more than fine, no need to go crazy for £100+ ones, little to no difference apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Is the orange box worth getting now?

I've never played any of the games there but after looking at portal 2 trailers I'm eager to see how portal 1 is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    Is the orange box worth getting now?

I've never played any of the games there but after looking at portal 2 trailers I'm eager to see how portal 1 is.
    For the price you can get it at it's definitely worth it. Portal is amazing and I'd recommend playing it before the 2nd comes out.

Tbh, I haven't really played anything else on the Orange Box and it was worth the money. Portal is unlike anything I've ever played

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    For the price you can get it at it's definitely worth it. Portal is amazing and I'd recommend playing it before the 2nd comes out.

Tbh, I haven't really played anything else on the Orange Box and it was worth the money. Portal is unlike anything I've ever played
    Thanks

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.