Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have transformers: war for cybertron? Its really good.

Btw if you live in the UK - You should try out Lovefilm.com, I can give you 30days extra free too from promo code. I use it to rent all my ps3 games, and its very cheap.

(Original post by Illusionary)
    The collection: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=26152699
    :shock:

YAS! Hope it's true. This is great on Sony's part. Those games weren't big sellers whilst they were universally acclaimed and this shows Sony loves their fans :love: as they are prepared to invest time and money into this (when they may make a loss as this targets hardcore fans).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viperfx)
    Anyone have transformers: war for cybertron? Its really good.

Btw if you live in the UK - You should try out Lovefilm.com, I can give you 30days extra free too from promo code. I use it to rent all my ps3 games, and its very cheap.
    im in, i wanna rent uncharted2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Hallo. I'm thinking of selling all of my Xbox stuff and moving to the dark side, and after a bit of research this morning it seems that I can just about do a straight swap of all of my stuff for a PS3 Slim 120GB.

I have a few questions though, and I couldn't think of a better place than this congregation of learned minds. Is the PS3 wireless, or will I need to buy something in order to connect to Wifi as I did with my Xbox? I heard that online gaming is free on the PS3, is this true (I really am a bit of a newb when it comes to Sony)? If so, is it any good? What kind of connections come as standard on the PS3 slim, is there a HDMI cable included usually? If not, what is? Is there anything special about the Slim 120GB model I should know? Most importantly, do you think the console is good?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, my future brethren. :ahee:
    Welcome to the thread! :five:

Spikeymike has pretty much answered everything.

Wifi adaptor is built-in.
    Online gaming is free and works very well.
    PlayStation+ has just been released which is a subscription service for those who want a few additional bits and bobs from the PS Network, but all the other services remain free, including online gaming.
    No HDMI cable included, just the normal component cable.
    The Slim does not have backwards compatibility, only the original fat 60GB PS3s did.
    2 USB ports.
    The console is awesome.

(Original post by spikeymike)
    What's PizelJunk? :ahee: I'll consider it :ta: but I wouldn't get it if it's similar to Monsters.
    :hand:

Try the demos for the other games first as they're a different concept to Monsters.

(Original post by FinalFlash)
    Is the orange box worth getting now?

I've never played any of the games there but after looking at portal 2 trailers I'm eager to see how portal 1 is.
    The port to the PS3 is meant to be poor. It's best to just get it for the PC.

I got it for the PC and it's worth buying just for Portal alone. Half-life 2 is OK imo - graphics are a little dated.

ReputationRep:
    xbox slim soon to be released and thats 2 in the space of a week converting from xbox to ps3, whats going on
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    xbox slim soon to be released and thats 2 in the space of a week converting from xbox to ps3, whats going on
    Do you still use your own PSN name? rik something something dinho or something? Or is that not you?

ReputationRep:
    More and more are seeing the darkness light! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Ps3 guy who also owns a wii (purely because I like stuff like Mario,Zelda etc) but I think I may get a 360 in september when Halo reach comes out.

I know, I know :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Attention all thread posters

As most of you already know I have been planning to leave TSR this month, 18th of July to be precise. With me having finally completed a university degree and graduating on the 15th of July, going on a 7-week holiday to Australia on the 19th of July and starting a full-time job in addition with studying for accountancy exams come October, it makes sense for me to quit next month. I simply will not have the time in the future to be active on TSR, let alone run this brilliant PS3 society. I will still probably come back very occasionally in the future just to see what's new though.

I therefore propose that a new leader should take over as soon as possible so that they can "learn the ropes" whilst I'm still on TSR. Plus, "The PlayStation 3 Society III" is not too far away so it's a good time for a new leader to take charge of the new OP.

I've looked at who's posted the most and who has been the most active in this thread and would like my successor to be one of the following:

(Original post by bigmo7)
    (Original post by humz2)
    (Original post by chernij)
    Illusionary, I assume that you already have a lot on your plate being a moderator and all, so you probably won't be too interested in taking leadership of this society, which I understand completely.

To the other five, please reply back and let me know if you're interested in being my successor. I presume more than one of you would like to be leader and if that's the case people can just vote who they want to take over. I won't put up a poll as it ruins the look of the thread.

I've had a fantastic time leading this society and watching it grow in numbers of regulars as well as it grow in the number of PSN IDs in the OP! It's time for a change! :woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :sad: 7 weeks in Oz sounds mint! Take me with you! :puppyeyes: :p:

I'm interested. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    :sad:

Enjoy the holiday - it's probably the last time you'll get a chance at something like that for a while! Yeah, I'll let someone else take the soc leadership (and besides, it wouldn't let me do anything that I can't already), but remember that you can have more than one society leader. Especially with the vB 3.8 upgrade now being nearly with us (bringing significant changes to societies with the new 'social groups'), this might be something to consider. Either way, give me a shout when you've decided and I'll be happy to sort it all out.

Best of luck with everything and don't worry too much about the exams just yet - and don't leave without giving us a final reminder to see you off!

ReputationRep:
    :sad: 7 weeks in Oz sounds mint! Take me with you! :puppyeyes: :p:

I'm interested. :sexface:
    Alright then. Can you fit into a 65-litre backpack yeah? :five:

Duly noted. :yy:

In other news:

ReputationRep:
    pointless saying i am interested now spikeymike has put his name down tbh there is one clear winner

geoff please dont go, there is always time, always, my gf doesnt use all her time doing aca and working, neither will you, an hour less on the ps3 a week means an hour more you can post on here

all i can say is if spikeymike takes control, we are all doomed

the police ffs :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    :sad:

Enjoy the holiday - it's probably the last time you'll get a chance at something like that for a while! Yeah, I'll let someone else take the soc leadership (and besides, it wouldn't let me do anything that I can't already), but remember that you can have more than one society leader. Especially with the vB 3.8 upgrade now being nearly with us (bringing significant changes to societies with the new 'social groups'), this might be something to consider. Either way, give me a shout when you've decided and I'll be happy to sort it all out.

Best of luck with everything and don't worry too much about the exams just yet - and don't leave without giving us a final reminder to see you off!
    Alright cool. It's just that with only one OP in might be easier to have just one active leader to edit it when needed. I'll see what happens though. Thanks, I'll certainly need your help with the change of leadership! :yep:

Thanks dude, I'll be around up until the 18th anyway. :jive:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Alright then. Can you fit into a 65-litre backpack yeah? :five:

Duly noted. :yy:

In other news:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Probably not. :p:

:mmm: at the video.

ReputationRep:
    pointless saying i am interested now spikeymike has put his name down tbh there is one clear winner

geoff please dont go, there is always time, always, my gf doesnt use all her time doing aca and working, neither will you, an hour less on the ps3 a week means an hour more you can post on here

the police ffs :facepalm2:
    Who knows, maybe not everyone likes spikeymike. :p:

As Illusionary just said, maybe there will be two new leaders... :holmes:

Nah it's time to go. Five years is long enough I think. Time to start a new chapter in my life.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

the police ffs
    :facepalm2:
    Fixed. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    are you going to perma ban your account, if so go out in style and get illusionary to do it
    we should have a leaving ceremony :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    are you going to perma ban your account, if so go out in style and get illusionary to do it
    we should have a leaving ceremony :awesome:
    Nah I'll leave it accessible. I should be able to resist logging-on!

ReputationRep:
    im in, i wanna rent uncharted2
    If you want my promo code just drop me a PM and il give it to you. Love film gives a free 2 weeks trial anyways to try out their service.
    If anyone wants the promo link just pm me - Think you get 30 days free DVD rental.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.