Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    I'm baaaack. Been home a couple of days, currently trying to platinum FFXIII and get a free Lovefilm trial to stick.

Been absolutely grinding it out. Just about to start chapter 12. Just got the growth egg, which I'm pretty pleased about since most people don't get it until postgame. Should make maxing out a bit quicker. Had to deathspam Neochu for about twenty minutes though before it eventually stuck.

Oh yeah year abroad over now so people add me. As I rent games cos I'm cheap I don't have many multiplayer ones but I've still got grant money coming so I'll pick some up.

Not looking forward to the treasure trophy...
    Nice one with the growth egg. Took me just over 100 hours to platinum FFXIII. You have plenty of grinding still to do with the adamantoises. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I've voted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    :pierre: :pierre: :pierre: :pierre:

Edit:
    12 votes?! :lolwut: Must be lurkers in this soc. :sexface:
    Maybe :ahee:

A poll ... what's going on here? I have catching up to do. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    just got this email

Dear jermaindefoe,

You may not remember us, but you are a registered member of PlaystationHome.Com. In your time with us, you made a total of 0 posts, which indicates that you were a significant part of our community, and were wondering if you would consider dropping by to discuss all things Playstation with us.
    :teehee:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    A poll ... what's going on here? I have catching up to do. :awesome:
    Geoff's retiring. :sad: So a poll has been set up so people can vote for the sucessor.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    just got this email

Wutt?! :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    geoff can we keep the poll results anonymous please, i dont want to see, and dont want others seeing if i got no votes other than my own

Geoff's retiring. :sad: So a poll has been set up so people can vote for the sucessor.
    Ah, okay. I too have cast my vote. :teeth:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Ah, okay. I too have cast my vote. :teeth:
    I don't see your PSN name on the first page, do you have a PS3? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't see your PSN name on the first page, do you have a PS3?
    if he has voted for you i guess it doesn't matter
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    if he has voted for you i guess it doesn't matter
    :shh:

Edit:
    Holy **** GT5... rally in the dark?!

http://www.made2game.com/2010/06/29/...ht-transition/

ReputationRep:
    :shh:

Edit:
    Holy **** GT5... rally in the dark?!

http://www.made2game.com/2010/06/29/...ht-transition/
    The description seems to suggest the transition between day and night happens during the race, but the video shows no evidence of that due to the cuts. Unless I fell asleep during it and missed something...

Edit: There are other videos that do show the transition during the race. Odd that they didn't link directly to one of those. Apparently Sony reps also confirmed the transition was accelerated for that demo.

ReputationRep:
    how do you chnage from nat type 2 to nat type 1 on the ps3

this is my explanation as to why bigmo is so much better than me at mw2 (nothing to do with my skills
    )

but seriously, is it hard to change, and is it worth it?

ReputationRep:
    just got this email

lol what a joke! :awesome:

geoff can we keep the poll results anonymous please, i dont want to see, and dont want others seeing if i got no votes other than my own
    I dunno how to do that. Illusionary set it up for me and will take it down when the results are up. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    The PS3 is indeed wireless, no need for adapters or anything. Playing online is free. My bro complains about it when he's playing CoD:MW2, because his games always lose connection or host migrations etc but whether that's anything to with the servers or the connection I don't know. When I play Dirt 2, Uncharted 2, LittleBigPlanet or BFBC2 online, it seems perfectly fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlaySta...e#Connectivity

I don't think my 120GB Slim came with an HDMI cable. I can't remember for sure. :holmes: To keep it short, PS3 kicks everyone's butts. :cool:

Edit:
    No HDMI cable is provided. :holmes:
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/P...e/m-p/43655173
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4103146AAkGcOW

A cheap one <£10 is more than fine, no need to go crazy for £100+ ones, little to no difference apparently.
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Welcome to the thread! :five:

Spikeymike has pretty much answered everything.

Wifi adaptor is built-in.
    Online gaming is free and works very well.
    PlayStation+ has just been released which is a subscription service for those who want a few additional bits and bobs from the PS Network, but all the other services remain free, including online gaming.
    No HDMI cable included, just the normal component cable.
    The Slim does not have backwards compatibility, only the original fat 60GB PS3s did.
    2 USB ports.
    The console is awesome.
    Thanks guys, very helpful. My mind is almost made up. Just one further question; the PS3 controllers are wireless - do they run on batteries as standard or are they rechargeable straight out the box (just will help me to budget for what I'd need to buy)?

(Original post by meskell)
    Hey Phalanges, where di you trade your 360 in about how much did you get for it all? If you don't mind me asking of course.
    I haven't traded it all in yet, just found some prices. I was quoted £210-£220 by CEX for trade in, and £150 cash (this is for the console, wireless adapter, 13 games, hd dvd player and 5 HD DVDs). They sell the 120GB PS3 slim for ~£230 secondhand, so it seems I could almost do a straight swap with all of my stuff for the PS3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Thanks guys, very helpful. My mind is almost made up. Just one further question; the PS3 controllers are wireless - do they run on batteries as standard or are they rechargeable straight out the box (just will help me to budget for what I'd need to buy)?

I haven't traded it all in yet, just found some prices. I was quoted £210-£220 by CEX for trade in, and £150 cash (this is for the console, wireless adapter, 13 games, hd dvd player and 5 HD DVDs). They sell the 120GB PS3 slim for ~£230 secondhand, so it seems I could almost do a straight swap with all of my stuff for the PS3.
    Ps3 controllers are rechargeable via USB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    Ps3 controllers are rechargeable via USB.
    Do you get a USB recharger included as standard or do you have to buy one separately?

ReputationRep:
    Do you get a USB recharger included as standard or do you have to buy one separately?
    inc.

ReputationRep:
    I got one included when I first brought my Ps3. So it came with the bundle but I've never had to buy a pad on it's own so I'm not sure if they come with pads.

You could get them pretty cheap on amazon though since it's just the standard usb cable.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...le+ps3&x=0&y=0

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 29, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.