the dancing man in your pic
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    the dancing man in your pic
    Oooohhh I see... Dez said he'll probably work on a Halloween one. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Since i finished exams etc. the decision has been made to get a PS3. unfortunately i don't know much about this stuff and i wouldn't have a clue of where i can get the best deal from. so i just have a few questions:

How is the slim different from the fat PS3 except for the size difference?
    Would i really need a 250GB?
    Where can i get the best deals from?

preferably im looking for a bundle of PS3, extra controller, COD MW2 and an extra game e.g. uncharted 2.

my budget is also about £300.

The best thing i've found so far is game: PS3 12GB slim with uncharted 2 for £250. also i found CoD MW2 for 25 and an extra controller for £35 which totals up to £310, is there a better deal around?

ReputationRep:
    Sooo it was time for FF to go back. 5 A-rank hunts left, two the last mega Cieth or whatever they're called. Also got myself set up nicely to grind. Strong enough to take down an Adamantoise in about 1 min 30 thanks to uber Fang. So it's just a case of grinding to get the money and CP I need for the last trophies and a couple of diff battles to get the Cieth trophy (and Attacus for the Titan one). Should platinum it next time I get it. Bout 60 hours in. Reckon I need about 7 million CP to max everyone out. God knows how much money. Made sure I left myself with nothing to do but mindlessly grind when I sent I back.

Currently playing White Knight Chronicles and Red Dead Redemption. If anyone plays either online hit me up! Red Dead is awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w4rtorn)
    Since i finished exams etc. the decision has been made to get a PS3. unfortunately i don't know much about this stuff and i wouldn't have a clue of where i can get the best deal from. so i just have a few questions:

preferably im looking for a bundle of PS3, extra controller, COD MW2 and an extra game e.g. uncharted 2.

The best thing i've found so far is game: PS3 12GB slim with uncharted 2 for £250. also i found CoD MW2 for 25 and an extra controller for £35 which totals up to £310, is there a better deal around?
    Look at Amazon.co.uk. They usually have good deals.

Slims are more reliable, quieter and just better, basically. I highly discourage you from getting a fat PS3. Slims have 2 USB ports. Fats have 4 USB ports. The original fat 60GB has backwards compatibility for some PS2 games. All PS3 models can play PS1 games.

If you're a casual gamer 250GB will probably be too much for you. 120GB will be best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w4rtorn)

PS3 Slim = smaller, lighter, quieter, more power-efficient. It's pretty much identical in terms of functionality. Whether you need 250GB depends on what you want to do with it, but if you're just using it for games then you're unlikely to have a problem with 120GB (I've not come close to using all of my 80GB). If you want to download films from the PS Store then hard drive space may be more important to you, though you could just buy a 120GB and upgrade the hard drive yourself, beyond 250GB if you choose.

For bundles, Amazon do a PS3, HDMI cable and one selected game for £259.99, then you could get Uncharted 2 (good choice!) for £13 from here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/unch...atinum-/716265

I'll merge this into the PS3 soc thread, where you're likely to find lots of others who can help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Sooo it was time for FF to go back. 5 A-rank hunts left, two the last mega Cieth or whatever they're called. Also got myself set up nicely to grind. Strong enough to take down an Adamantoise in about 1 min 30 thanks to uber Fang. So it's just a case of grinding to get the money and CP I need for the last trophies and a couple of diff battles to get the Cieth trophy (and Attacus for the Titan one). Should platinum it next time I get it. Bout 60 hours in. Reckon I need about 7 million CP to max everyone out. God knows how much money. Made sure I left myself with nothing to do but mindlessly grind when I sent I back.

Currently playing White Knight Chronicles and Red Dead Redemption. If anyone plays either online hit me up! Red Dead is awesome!
    You've got a fair bit of grinding left unfortunately. Getting enough platinum ingots to sell so you can obtain every single item takes ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    You've got a fair bit of grinding left unfortunately. Getting enough platinum ingots to sell so you can obtain every single item takes ages.
    Haha, I'm still playing it. Trying to get my last 2 paradigm roles to level 5 But it's taking ages. 60-120k cp for 1 sphere. WTF! I'm currently training at that place in Chapter 12 with the adamantoise. Is that the best place to train because there are loads of enemies there to build up my TP to summon. I can only buy 40x Ultracompact reactors which is not enough to max out my 3 ultimate weapons. INGOTS! MOAR!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superman_Jr)
    Haha, I'm still playing it. Trying to get my last 2 paradigm roles to level 5 But it's taking ages. 60-120k cp for 1 sphere. WTF! I'm currently training at that place in Chapter 12 with the adamantoise. Is that the best place to train because there are loads of enemies there to build up my TP to summon. I can only buy 40x Ultracompact reactors which is not enough to max out my 3 ultimate weapons. INGOTS! MOAR!!!
    Yeah the place in Eden with the adamantoise is the best place. Boring as hell to keep reloading until it actually drops a stupid ingot, but the most efficient place unfortunately.

You've got the growth egg to help with CP collecting right? :holmes:

You'll complete the CP grid way before you have enough money to upgrade everything anyway. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I was forwarded here by the good geoff_yin, and so here I am!

I've only just got my PS3, so I'll explore around with it tomorrow and post up my ID (once I know what it is).

Other than that... hello! :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    I was forwarded here by the good geoff_yin, and so here I am!

I've only just got my PS3, so I'll explore around with it tomorrow and post up my ID (once I know what it is).

Other than that... hello! :hello:
    Welcome! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Check out a couple of goals I scored on FIFA earlier tonight:

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/me...video/22034072

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/me...video/22034403

The second one was meant to be a cross fgs! :facepalm2:

Also, how do I change Read Madrid's default stadium to the Bernabéu? I've downloaded the stadium but can't seem to change Real's stadium.

ReputationRep:
    Some guy is proper stalking me on the PSN. :sigh:

I added him like 6 months ago and he really got on my nerves cos he got his gf and his mates to add me too and from then on when I deleted him, he's made like hundreds of different accounts and constantly adds me. Can't even block him ffs...he's like a little kid in Mexico as well. And what is it with people making new accounts all the time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    PS3 Slim = smaller, lighter, quieter, more power-efficient. It's pretty much identical in terms of functionality. Whether you need 250GB depends on what you want to do with it, but if you're just using it for games then you're unlikely to have a problem with 120GB (I've not come close to using all of my 80GB). If you want to download films from the PS Store then hard drive space may be more important to you, though you could just buy a 120GB and upgrade the hard drive yourself, beyond 250GB if you choose.

For bundles, Amazon do a PS3, HDMI cable and one selected game for £259.99, then you could get Uncharted 2 (good choice!) for £13 from here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/unch...atinum-/716265

I'll merge this into the PS3 soc thread, where you're likely to find lots of others who can help.
    Thanks for the link i might get just that actually.

I also wanted to get a second controller, would it worth buying the official main one which is like £35 instead of the £15-£20 from argos or somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superman_Jr)
    What method are you using? There's a good one using Fang that doesn't require the need to summon so saves you having to fight all those monsters. About 2.30 round-trip including save and reload foar an Adamantoise. Have you got the egg and catalogs equipped?

You can also farm Sacrifices for Perfumes, which apparently works out roughly the same amount of gil per hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Some guy is proper stalking me on the PSN.
    thought you meant me for a min :teehee:

(Original post by geoff_yin)
    x
    geoff, nice goals, you have some skills.

I was just wondering, what i would be likley to get for trading in my phat 40gb, its in immaculate condition, i still have all the books, box etc. Would it be worth me trading it in?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.