Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Been away for a while, so dunno if this has been posted.

More Uncharted 2 footage

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14...ax_090409.html

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    Where have you been pinkpenguin?? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Where have you been pinkpenguin?? lol
    Ireland

It's a bit backward, you see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    Is it me, post 3.00 update, some trophy %'s changed, I could've sworn I didn't 70% in Uncharted....
    Dunno if it's been answered already, but the Platinum trophy is longer part of the percentage. This gives you a more accurate reading at where you really are.

(Original post by geoff_yin)
    EDIT: Question - if I did miraculously get the free replacement from $ony, would I be able to keep the hard drive that's in my PS3, or do I have to give it back? I ask because maybe it's possible to put my old HDD into the new one, and I wouldn't lose my save files.
    Nope. If you put the HDD in a different PS3 the other PS3 will demand you reformat it before it's able to be used. You have no real way of getting your data off now... should have made a back-up onto an external FAT32.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsphyxiateD)
    Dunno if it's been answered already, but the Platinum trophy is longer part of the percentage. This gives you a more accurate reading at where you really are.
    Yeah, this has already been mentioned.

Nope. If you put the HDD in a different PS3 the other PS3 will demand you reformat it before it's able to be used. You have no real way of getting your data off now... should have made a back-up onto an external FAT32.
    Oh OK, no point in keeping the old HDD then.

I'll have you know that I've been saying in this thread that I would be needing a larger HDD in the near future (do to me having less than 5GB of free space yet), which would have required me to purchase a new external HDD. This is because my two external HDD's are both formatted in NTFS and are both practically full which means I can't just reformat my external to FAT32 without losing my stuff. So with there being no way to transfer my stuff from my externals to my main internal HDD in my PC due to a lack of space, I would need a new external to enable me to back up my PS3.

Everything would have been backed up if my PS3 died on me in a months time, as I intended to have sorted this problem out by then. I still do as a matter of fact.

I would appreciate it if you to stopped patronising me. Thanks. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, this has already been mentioned.

Oh OK, no point in keeping the old HDD then.

I'll have you know that I've been saying in this thread that I would be needing a larger HDD in the near future (do to me having less than 5GB of free space yet), which would have required me to purchase a new external HDD. This is because my two external HDD's are both formatted in NTFS and are both practically full which means I can't just reformat my external to FAT32 without losing my stuff. So with there being no way to transfer my stuff from my externals to my main internal HDD in my PC due to a lack of space, I would need a new external to enable me to back up my PS3.

Everything would have been backed up if my PS3 died on me in a months time, as I intended to have sorted this problem out by then. I still do as a matter of fact.

I would appreciate it if you to stopped patronising me. Thanks. :yy:
    I don't see where you got the sense of being patronised from my post - well I suspect the last sentence, but that was just saying what you should have done - but, anyway: good one, and nice hypocrisy from your own post lad ;->

I also have a storage problem on my PS3, usually a 1gb left, but I backed it up on a spare external. I have a 1TB one I bought to back up everything but it's not my main external, it's my back up of my back up, if you will.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see where you got the sense of being patronised from my post - well I suspect the last sentence, but that was just saying what you should have done - but, anyway: good one, and nice hypocrisy from your own post lad ;->

I also have a storage problem on my PS3, usually a 1gb left, but I backed it up on a spare external. I have a 1TB one I bought to back up everything but it's not my main external, it's my back up of my back up, if you will.
    Well given that it was blindingly obvious that a back up should have been made, it didn't really require you to point it out and rub it in my face, did it now?

I can't seem to find the hypocrisy on my part, I'm defending my corner.

But anyway, I'll probably try to get hold of a 500GB HDD for my "new" PS3 (god knows when I'm going to obtain a new console), as that should be more than enough as I don't keep movies and music on my PS3. Just as long as mandatory installs for games don't get pushed up to like 25GB or something stupid like that, I should be fine I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    Well given that it was blindingly obvious that a back up should have been made, it didn't really require you to point it out and rub it in my face, did it now?

I can't seem to find the hypocrisy on my part, I'm defending my corner.

But anyway, I'll probably try to get hold of a 500GB HDD for my "new" PS3 (god knows when I'm going to obtain a new console), as that should be more than enough as I don't keep movies and music on my PS3. Just as long as mandatory installs for games don't get pushed up to like 25GB or something stupid like that, I should be fine I reckon.
    lol, you're just melting now. I was merely stating that as there is literally no other alternative. It's not exactly as if someone's died and I'm gonna go "sorry there's nothing that can be done". I'd hardly call what I said rubbing it in your face, but whatever.

And hypocrisy in your snide little patronising comments... *ahem* "I'll have you know" lol...

ReputationRep:
    lol, you're just melting now. I was merely stating that as there is literally no other alternative. It's not exactly as if someone's died and I'm gonna go "sorry there's nothing that can be done". I'd hardly call what I said rubbing it in your face, but whatever.

And hypocrisy in your snide little patronising comments... *ahem* "I'll have you know" lol...
    Wow, since when did saying "I'll have you know" become patronising? :curious:

Yes I accepted that there was no other alternative after letting me know that the new PS3 would reformat the old HDD anyway, and I thank you for telling me that. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    OK boys, settle down! No need to have your debate here, that's what PM's are for.

Sorry to hear about your PS3 Geoff, I understand it must be annoying, especially since you've been talking about backing it up recently, but hopefully you'll be back on your way soon, courtesy of some sympathetic customer support from Sony.

Asphyxiated, what do you think of Muse's new album? I previewed it on iTunes and it seems purely delectable. (Sorry for that off topic-ness, perhaps I should heed my own advice and PM!)

ReputationRep:
    Wow, since when did saying "I'll have you know" become patronising? :curious:

Yes I accepted that there was no other alternative after letting me know that the new PS3 would reformat the old HDD anyway, and I thank you for telling me that. :yy:
    It's the kinda "upper-class" phrase than when you read it out in your head comes across like that to me. I don't really care if you disagree.

(Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Asphyxiated, what do you think of Muse's new album? I previewed it on iTunes and it seems purely delectable. (Sorry for that off topic-ness, perhaps I should heed my own advice and PM!)
    I've avoided the previews and live performances as I have no desire to spoil the album. Should be listened to in order and in full (except for the proper releases - Eurasia+CD and Uprising). I like both tracks, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Been away for a while, so dunno if this has been posted.

More Uncharted 2 footage

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14...ax_090409.html

:coma:
    I think you just broke the record for the most people i respect in one signature, except for Eric from Billy Madison lol.

Earlier this evening my playstation kept freezing, then when i started it up once it said that "the hard disk's file system is corrupted and will be restored". It did this restore and everything is now working perfectly fine with no loss of data.

Is my playstation ill? Or do i have nothing to worry about

I want Bravia SYNC on my 60GB PS3 sooo bad....One less button to press = 1 more calorie saved :coma:
    *it really would be nice*

What's the platinum that everyone's most proud of?

ReputationRep:
    It's the kinda "upper-class" phrase than when you read it out in your head comes across like that to me. I don't really care if you disagree.
    Says that person with "I'm better than you" in his signature. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    OMG UNCHARTED 2 looks so good111

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbïns31770)
    I think you just broke the record for the most people i respect in one signature, except for Eric from Billy Madison lol.
    Haha I love that film! But Bradley Whitford is there for The West Wing :yep:

I have not yet updated my PS3, and now I'm scared it's going to brick it. I got in December, so I shouln't necessarily be worrying too much but... :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbïns31770)

Earlier this evening my playstation kept freezing, then when i started it up once it said that "the hard disk's file system is corrupted and will be restored". It did this restore and everything is now working perfectly fine with no loss of data.

Is my playstation ill? Or do i have nothing to worry about
    My fiance's ps3 did that and it's still working a few months later. If you're in warranty though I'd probably try to get it replaced, personally.

ReputationRep:
    *waves* Hi!

before Din founds out i'm posting in here.. could someone help me out?

i just bought a slim yesterday.. but i've played a PS before. The controller i've been given with the slim is really laggy (if thats the right word to use) i synced everything but still once i press the PS button, the XMB never shows up. It'll show up like 5 mins later and then i wont be able quit game?

i bought it from Game so i'm not sure if they'll replace it.. should i call sony?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Jester)
    *waves* Hi!

before Din founds out i'm posting in here.. could someone help me out?

i just bought a slim yesterday.. but i've played a PS before. The controller i've been given with the slim is really laggy (if thats the right word to use) i synced everything but still once i press the PS button, the XMB never shows up. It'll show up like 5 mins later and then i wont be able quit game?

i bought it from Game so i'm not sure if they'll replace it.. should i call sony?
    That's not right

I've had my Playstation replaced by Game (and my 360). Ring round a few stores and tell them it's not working and see if you can get one to agree to a replacement. You are definitely entitled to it!!

ReputationRep:
    Uh, they have to replace it or give you your money back no questions asked. Take it back to the store and ask for a replacement, if they ask why tell them but be insistant on a replacement or refund.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.