Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    This guys from Call of Duty 4 :o:

If you do become a GT5 master you'll get some of these messages I bet!

Majority of my friends are from Resistance: Fall of man, met some really cool Australian dude who introduced me to them all. I think I got lucky to meet that many people so quickly and to still be playing with them 3 years on...
    CoD 4?! I don't even have that game any more. :hand:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh I was just playing about with the 1st post earlier... this will probably be the new layout.

Edit:
    Wait, it's totally ****** for some reason.

Edit2:
    It's being funny, you'll just have to wait. :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Oh I was just playing about with the 1st post earlier... this will probably be the new layout.

Edit:
    Wait, it's totally ****** for some reason.

Edit2:
    It's being funny, you'll just have to wait. :hand:
    lol I was wondering what all your quotes were about! :p:

(Original post by dhr90)
    How does Metal Gear Solid on PS3 compare to the PS2 games? Tempted to pick it up given it's fairly cheap second hand...
    It's incredible. I highly recommend it. :five:

Same convoluted story as the PS2 ones but with amazing graphics and cutscenes.

In other news, two new GT5 trailers, one with crashes:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/08/gr...-new-trailers/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Screw it. The extra spoilers are wrecking it.

Edit:
    Anyone pre-ordered GT5 yet?

ReputationRep:
    CoD 4?! I don't even have that game any more. :hand:
    I do, it's like the best game ever...well it's better than MW2 that's for sure.

I've kept off preordering GT5 to see if cheaper offers come along which I'm sure they will. Hoping to get it around £30 before I preorder. Closest now is £33.99...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I do, it's like the best game ever...well it's better than MW2 that's for sure.

I've kept off preordering GT5 to see if cheaper offers come along which I'm sure they will. Hoping to get it around £30 before I preorder. Closest now is £33.99...
    :lolowut: Where?

ReputationRep:
    :lolowut: Where?
    Tesco entertainment, it should still be at that price. I might get it cos with Quidco it works out at around £30....

And btw, smily fail :teehee:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Tesco entertainment, it should still be at that price. I might get it cos with Quidco it works out at around £30....

And btw, smily fail :teehee:

£64.67 without the voucher?

ReputationRep:

£64.67 without the voucher?
    That's a misprice on their behalf I think or they might be offering a special edition, http://www.tescoentertainment.com/st...%20turismo%205, that's the price that comes up when you search for it but even at that price it still doesn't work out at £33.99. :confused:

I'm sure a decent offer will come around, not to worry.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone message me if they're willing to help me today to get veteran on 'big brother' spec ops. Any help would be much appreciated thanks

ReputationRep:
    thats on the PS3 btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Yeah the place in Eden with the adamantoise is the best place. Boring as hell to keep reloading until it actually drops a stupid ingot, but the most efficient place unfortunately.

You've got the growth egg to help with CP collecting right? :holmes:

You'll complete the CP grid way before you have enough money to upgrade everything anyway. :sigh:
    yeah I do have the growth egg (thank you death! :rolleyes: )

I'm just going to get the money to maximise my weapons only. I hope the minimum accessories I have will be enough to complete all the missions.

And what do you mean by 'reloading'? Do you mean exiting the game and loading up the file? Because I normally just kill it with shrouds, go back to the door and it will respawn when I come back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    What method are you using? There's a good one using Fang that doesn't require the need to summon so saves you having to fight all those monsters. About 2.30 round-trip including save and reload foar an Adamantoise. Have you got the egg and catalogs equipped?

You can also farm Sacrifices for Perfumes, which apparently works out roughly the same amount of gil per hour.
    Basically I'm using the shrouds (offensive buff) to kill the adamantoise after I summon with Fang. It's very easy, takes about a minute to kill it. To be honest I can't be bothered to save and reload.

Yeah I have tried the Sacrifices but I still need CP as well as money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superman_Jr)
    yeah I do have the growth egg (thank you death! :rolleyes: )

I'm just going to get the money to maximise my weapons only. I hope the minimum accessories I have will be enough to complete all the missions.

And what do you mean by 'reloading'? Do you mean exiting the game and loading up the file? Because I normally just kill it with shrouds, go back to the door and it will respawn when I come back.
    Yeah exiting the game and loading up. Fair enough if you're going all the way to the door and back though. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superman_Jr)
    Basically I'm using the shrouds (offensive buff) to kill the adamantoise after I summon with Fang. It's very easy, takes about a minute to kill it. To be honest I can't be bothered to save and reload.

Yeah I have tried the Sacrifices but I still need CP as well as money.
    I guess if you don't mind spending money on shrouds and battling for TP. Saving and loading is only about 30 secs though. It's definitely the most efficient method I've found however.

Guys, my controller won't work unless plugged in. Lights just flash. Any ideas?

Oh and to the MW2 guy, yeah I don't mind helping. PSN is danielgourlay.

Oh and anyone bought any of the FFs through the store? Thinking about buying VIII, been a few years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    It's incredible. I highly recommend it. :five:

Same convoluted story as the PS2 ones but with amazing graphics and cutscenes.

In other news, two new GT5 trailers, one with crashes:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/08/gr...-new-trailers/
    I will probably pick it up next time I'm in town then.

GT5 had better be out when they say it will, though I expect to see a huge drop in my uni marks when it is released :woo: Which combined with COD7 and the new F1 game all out in the same month(s) is bad for uni and my wallet

Think I will have to break out GT4 this weekend and try to beat some old lap times!

x
    Slightly off-topic :awesome: but you may like this cover (if you haven't overplayed the song already) :sexface:

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Slightly off-topic :awesome: but you may like this cover (if you haven't overplayed the song already) :sexface:

The guys sucks, the girl is pretty good, meh thanks anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Guys, my controller won't work unless plugged in. Lights just flash. Any ideas?

Oh and to the MW2 guy, yeah I don't mind helping. PSN is danielgourlay.

Oh and anyone bought any of the FFs through the store? Thinking about buying VIII, been a few years.
    That happens to me sometimes. Not sure what I do when it happens, it normally corrects itself after a while. Try plugging the controller in then start the PS3 by pressing the PS button. Disconnect the cable and see if it still works. If not, keep plugging and unplugging. :dontknow:

I bought FFVII from store ages ago. Didn't really get round to playing it that much. Got past Midgar and then on to Fort Condor, but didn't get a chance to go further than that. I think there were loads of other proper PS3 games out at that time! :p:

ReputationRep:
    If this video was good enough for Kotaku, then it's on-topic enough for this thread!

:ahee:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.