Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    whats the list represent, i see no [email protected]
    Tbf [email protected] is a bit meh...it's not as good as CoD4 but it has zombies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    What's the problem? :holmes:
    Copied and pasted from a post I made on the PS3 tech forums:
    I got a brand new PS3 Slim earlier in the year, connected it up by HDMI, all working perfect. A couple of months ago, it then decided not to work via HDMI. Came home one evening, switched it on, nothing. A bit of fiddling with the HDMI cable, and I managed to get a signal, very fuzzy, lines going across the screen, and with a red tint. I tried another HDMI cable, same thing. I then tried my DVD player, this time no signal whatsoever. OK, it's the TV I thought. Then I tried the Xbox. That worked fine. And my laptop. I took the PS3 and DVD player to a friend's, connected it up there, and it worked fine, suggesting it's the TV.
    I then took the PS3 to another friends, and it picked up no signal from the PS3 at all. However, another friend's PS3 Slim worked fine on both my TV and the other friend's TV.

So, I really don't know what's at fault. If it makes any difference (maybe a known problem with certain TVs?) my TV is a Hitachi, the other friend's who my PS3 does not work on is a Sharp, and the friend who's it does work on is an LG. It's weird how it worked from the start on my TV, but then randomly stopped. I have of course tried resetting the graphic settings upon connecting it to any TV, just to make sure. But currently have to play my PS3 using the standard composite cable, which does make a surprising difference that you don't realise when you're used to HD.
    I also made a thread on here back when it started, but no one had a clue then. Seems a bizarre problem.

Also, how about a list for upcoming games?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Tbf [email protected] is a bit meh...it's not as good as CoD4 but it has zombies.
    To me that's the whole point of the game

jermain do you still play Nazi Zombies? I'm still considering getting WaW on PS3 as my friend recently did. Will give you a game sometime if I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)

jermain do you still play Nazi Zombies? I'm still considering getting WaW on PS3 as my friend recently did. Will give you a game sometime if I do
    Exactly, that's the whole reason I bought the game too but you also have to pay out for the maps cos nacht der untoten sucks.

ReputationRep:

loads and i love it 36, der riese, 4 people , 47 veruckt, 3 people
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Copied and pasted from a post I made on the PS3 tech forums:

I also made a thread on here back when it started, but no one had a clue then. Seems a bizarre problem.

Also, how about a list for upcoming games?
    Weird problem indeed. Have you tried this? http://www.tipstrs.com/tip/1888/Rese...video-settings

Yeah I will do. Recommended games list is on the OP, so go there to check it out and post if you want something added.

ReputationRep:
    loads and i love it 36, der riese, 4 people , 47 veruckt, 3 people
    Highest I got was around 26 I think on the original map. I only bought one map pack, the one with the dogs and the magic box moves from place to place. Might buy 1 or 2 if I get it on PS3.

Weird problem indeed. Have you tried this? http://www.tipstrs.com/tip/1888/Rese...video-settings

Yeah I will do. Recommended games list is on the OP, so go there to check it out and post if you want something added.
    Tried that many times, no such luck. I even went into safe mode at one point and reset to default settings to see if by some miracle that may work, but no. I don't dare touch any of the other things in safe mode though.

Eurgh off to work in this wind driving my car that is essentially a box on wheels, fun. May go online for some MW2 tonight around 10 now I have a decent cable

ReputationRep:
    spikeymike, you missed Tiger Woods off that list! At least I like it :cool:

I really should pick up a mic at some point so I can chat online. Will be going on MW2 now so if you see me invite me to a game and you can yell abuse at me
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dhr90)
    spikeymike, you missed Tiger Woods off that list! At least I like it :cool:

I really should pick up a mic at some point so I can chat online. Will be going on MW2 now so if you see me invite me to a game and you can yell abuse at me
    Which year? Need to be more specific. :p:

ReputationRep:
    x
    My new router just arrived!

What do I do now? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    My new router just arrived!

What do I do now?
    connect ethernet to router and laptop and let it connect, (should be limited or no connectivity i assume)

goto 192.168.0.1

default login is on the bottom, if not in the manual

Basic settings
    Require login - no
    Get IP Dynamically from ISP
    DNS get automatically
    Enable NAT
    Use Default MAC

Basic ADSL
    Multiplexing - LLU based
    VPI - 0
    VCI - 101
    DSL Mode - ADSL 2+
    Should be enough, the rest are bespoke to mine but if not let me know and i will tell you the rest

ReputationRep:
    connect ethernet to router and laptop and let it connect, (should be limited or no connectivity i assume)

goto 192.168.0.1

default login is on the bottom, if not in the manual

Should be enough, the rest are bespoke to mine but if not let me know and i will tell you the rest
    Ok 1 problem, it doesn't have LLU based but VC based and LLC based. :unsure:

And if that isn't the problem then I'm not sure why it's not working, it's not a good idea to have both routers on at the same thing right?

ReputationRep:
    Ok 1 problem, it doesn't have LLU based but VC based and LLC based.

And if that isn't the problem then I'm not sure why it's not working, it's not a good idea to have both routers on at the same thing right?
    llc sorry

you cant have two going on a home netowrk at once i doubt

ReputationRep:
    llc sorry

you cant have two going on a home netowrk at once i doubt
    Haha your not joking! :p: Working fine now but how do I go wireless? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Haha your not joking! Working fine now but how do I go wireless?
    err you need to set the wireless up, can you see the wireless section in the menu?

ReputationRep:
    Name(SSID) - Netgear
    Region - Europe
    Channel 11
    Mode g & b

Enable wireless access point
    Alow broadcast of name

i use wep for ease (though its not the most secure, but i doubt anyone is going to try and steal packets from you!)

Authentication automatic
    encryption 64
    wep key passphrase - type in your password, it generates a key nd then use that to type in when asled for wireless key
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Name(SSID) - Netgear
    Region - Europe
    Channel 11
    Mode g & b

Enable wireless access point
    Alow broadcast of name

i use wep for ease (though its not the most secure, but i doubt anyone is going to try and steal packets from you!)

Authentication automatic
    encryption 64
    wep key passphrase - type in your password, it generates a key nd then use that to type in when asled for wireless key
    WEP is easily hacked btw, so you could lose bandwidth i.e slower connection. WPA-PSK is what I use.

ReputationRep:
    err you need to set the wireless up, can you see the wireless section in the menu?
    Errr guys...what is the difference between these two do you think? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ef=oss_product and http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-DG83...9197417&sr=8-3...

:sigh:

I was wondering why mine didn't have an antenna!

ReputationRep:
    WEP is easily hacked btw, so you could lose bandwidth i.e slower connection. WPA-PSK is what I use.
    thats what i said, but i can bet you a million pounds no one hacks my router

ReputationRep:
    Errr guys...what is the difference between these two do you think? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ef=oss_product and http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-DG83...9197417&sr=8-3...

I was wondering why mine didn't have an antenna!
    ones a wired and ones a wireless :teeth:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.