Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My warranty ran out a long way back, but the playstation really isn't showing any effects, so i think i'm safe. Anyway i'm getting a new playstation when i start uni as my brothers will be keeping this one, regarding it still works by then.

Registration for Fifa 10 Game Face Beta is now open, i'm in the process of uploading Chuck Norris, then i'll move onto my cat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbïns31770)

Earlier this evening my playstation kept freezing, then when i started it up once it said that "the hard disk's file system is corrupted and will be restored". It did this restore and everything is now working perfectly fine with no loss of data.
    Wouldn't worry about it. Mine did this about 5-6 months ago, and is still good. Apparently it's where you might have turned the PS3 off before it shut down (according to Sony), thus corrupting some data (nothing serious). Should just 'rebuild' hard drive, and plod along nicely, like normal :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Geoff: you ought to still be able to get your data off of the PS3. As the harddrive is just a standard 2.5" SATA drive, you should be able to remove it and plug it into your PC using a molex and SATA cable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    That's not right

I've had my Playstation replaced by Game (and my 360). Ring round a few stores and tell them it's not working and see if you can get one to agree to a replacement. You are definitely entitled to it!!
    i visited GAME and they checked my controller and it was working fine.but the moment i plugged it into my slim it started acting up. i think maybe its the update file on the slim which is causing the XMB to lag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Says that person with "I'm better than you" in his signature. :rolleyes:
    You disagree based on my evidence? The MGS3 one isn't even that good an example of my superiority.

(Original post by humz2)
    What's the platinum that everyone's most proud of?
    Mirror's Edge or Killzone 2?

ReputationRep:
    Right trying to replace my HDD, all is going well apart from one little ******* of a screw that won't come out. FRUSTRATION.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    What's the platinum that everyone's most proud of?
    GTA 4 Getting level 10 online took aaaaaaaaaages. I was quite proud when I completed killzone 2 on elite too.

ReputationRep:
    I just got a YLOD. £128! to replace. They should be paying me compensation for the lost game data.

ReputationRep:
    holy crap guys I'm going to stop playing seriously, 2 ylod in 3-4 days is scary in a smallish forum like that,

ReputationRep:
    This is bad ... very bad. Evidently 3.00 has done something and either sony havent realised or they dont want to spend the money - and im leaning towards the second as sony are pretty good at keeping up to date with the forums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Geoff: you ought to still be able to get your data off of the PS3. As the harddrive is just a standard 2.5" SATA drive, you should be able to remove it and plug it into your PC using a molex and SATA cable.
    :drool:

Really?! Are you sure when I plug it into my PC it won't tell me the HDD cannot be read and has to be reformatted?

If you're right though - :adore:

(Original post by AsphyxiateD)
    You disagree based on my evidence? The MGS3 one isn't even that good an example of my superiority.
    I don't doubt that you're a good gamer at all. Quite the contrary - playing MGS4 to completion is no mean feat. I am actually hoping trophies aren't getting released for that game as you would be seriously peeved off!

However, making such an open statement which can be construed as you saying "I'm better than you at everything" as opposed to "I'm better than you at MGS", makes out that you're being incredibly arrogant.

I can't stand arrogance, which is why I've been a little annoyed recently. :dontknow:

(Original post by JAKstriked)
    I just got a YLOD. £128! to replace. They should be paying me compensation for the lost game data.
    Sorry to hear that, I know what it feels like! :console:

Including me, you're the third person who's got the YLoD in the past few days! :eek:

Got the call from the Sony person just now, and he gave me the same story as woman did yesterday.

I asked to him for an address that I could write to to complain though. I will be writing to them if I have no luck with Amazon.

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared to switch my ps3 on When did these YLOD's happen? During games/startup/movies??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    I'm scared to switch my ps3 on When did these YLOD's happen? During games/startup/movies??
    Just started playing Pro Evo (as I usually do nowadays), and I was about halfway through a match, and then the screen froze for about 2 seconds, then the screen went black.

Then the dreaded yellow light come on for a split second, then the three beeps sounded and the red light started flashing.

:cry2:

It's like describing how a friend of mine got murdered or something! :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:

Got the call from the Sony person just now, and he gave me the same story as woman did yesterday.

I asked to him for an address that I could write to to complain though. I will be writing to them if I have no luck with Amazon.
    There's a surprise :rolleyes:

They are exactly the same as BT, just repeat the crap the minion said to you. Useless.

I doubt your letter of complaint will ever get read, but it's worth a try. Might also be a good idea to write a quite "professional" like email to them, stating what has happened, what your lawyer sister said (i think it was your sister?) etc...

Most likely get the same repsonse, but might be worth it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Just started playing Pro Evo (as I usually do nowadays), and I was about halfway through a match, and then the screen froze for about 2 seconds, then the screen went black.

Then the dreaded yellow light come on for a split second, then the three beeps sounded and the red light started flashing.

:cry2:

It's like describing how a friend of mine got murdered or something! :getmecoat:
    :lol:

Sorry to laugh, but that was funny

you could always buy an xbox 360 for £99.99, instead of paying the £128 for a replacement :creep:

ReputationRep:
    ****, my PS3 crashed for the first time yesterday whilst I was playing Uncharted, I've not turned it back on since. I'll see what happens tonight...

ReputationRep:
    **** this, im going to trade my 40gb in for a PS3 slim! Let the next owner worry about it dying! :evil:

is it firmware 3.0 that is bricking the ps3's? Or just a coincidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    There's a surprise :rolleyes:

They are exactly the same as BT, just repeat the crap the minion said to you. Useless.

I doubt your letter of complaint will ever get read, but it's worth a try. Might also be a good idea to write a quite "professional" like email to them, stating what has happened, what your lawyer sister said (i think it was your sister?) etc...

Most likely get the same repsonse, but might be worth it. :yep:
    Yeah it was my sister, but she said it's better to go straight to the retailer and ask for a replacement/refund/whatever instead of messing with Sony.

I'll ask her for some more help when I get the chance.

:lol:

Sorry to laugh, but that was funny

you could always buy an xbox 360 for £99.99, instead of paying the £128 for a replacement :creep:
    It's sad, but true... :sigh:

...And NEVAAAR!!

What a waste of money it would be if I were to "defect" to Microsoft now, when I've spent so much money on the PS3 and so many games (I must have about 25-30 now).

At least if I got another PS3, I won't have to start a new games collection for the 360.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was my sister, but she said it's better to go straight to the retailer and ask for a replacement/refund/whatever instead of messing with Sony.

I'll ask her for some more help when I get the chance.

It's sad, but true... :sigh:

...And NEVAAAR!!

What a waste of money it would be if I were to "defect" to Microsoft now, when I've spent so much money on the PS3 and so many games (I must have about 25-30 now).

At least if I got another PS3, I won't have to start a new games collection for the 360.
    Good idea, the retailer might actually do something to assist you, or help you, get a new one. Well here's to hoping!

But just imagine all the games you could get for your 360.. Halo 3, ermmmm i can't think of anymore... Sorry..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    ****, my PS3 crashed for the first time yesterday whilst I was playing Uncharted, I've not turned it back on since. I'll see what happens tonight...
    Ooooh. Good luck with that buddy!

Be prepared for the worst just in case though.

**** this, im going to trade my 40gb in for a PS3 slim! Let the next owner worry about it dying! :evil:

is it firmware 3.0 that is bricking the ps3's? Or just a coincidence.
    Yours should be alright I think. Going by all the YouTube and Playstation Forums comments, it does seem like it's the older 60GB versions that are affected the most.

I think it's far too much of a coincidence that 3.0 comes out and there has been a surge of bricked launch SKU PS3's ever since.

It makes it worse that they released the PS3 Slim like at the exact same time, so it seems like they're bricking the old consoles so people buy the new SKU. Way too much of a coincidence if you asked me..

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.