Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    ones a wired and ones a wireless :teeth:
    Both link you guys posted were the wired ones, the PC world one even had an antenna!

Amazon won't take it back now that it's been opened will it?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Both link you guys posted were the wired ones, the PC world one even had an antenna!

Amazon won't take it back now that it's been opened will it?
    The PC world one does have an antenna but it said wired in the description :fyi:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/netgea...867&xtor=AL-50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    The PC world one does have an antenna but it said wired in the description :fyi:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/netgea...867&xtor=AL-50
    Yeah I know...not sure what to do with this router now.

ReputationRep:
    why the **** does a WIRED router have a wirless antenna

ReputationRep:
    http://www.pcwb.co.uk/catalogue/item/NETDG834
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah I know...not sure what to do with this router now.
    I thought you wanted wired but clearly I was wrong.

You can sell it on
    - AVForums Classified section
    - HUKD's FS/FT section
    - eBay

ReputationRep:
    why the **** does a WIRED router have a wirless antenna
    lol tell me about it! My dad's gonna kill me :p:

I'll buy the wireless one and put the wired one on Amazon to sell...

ReputationRep:
    my bad - neg me lads (though i blame the pcworld decription) i no what the router is as i am looking at it right now on my tv stand lol, i saw the pic, saw netgear and dg834 and though thats the bad boy, they shouldnt advertise wrong pictures :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I thought you wanted wired but clearly I was wrong.

You can sell it on
    - AVForums Classified section
    - HUKD's FS/FT section
    - eBay
    We've got something like 10 devices in our house that runs off the router. It's actually a good idea to try HUKD's first than Amazon...is there anything I need apart from a HUKD account to sell on there?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    We've got something like 10 devices in our house that runs off the router. It's actually a good idea to try HUKD's first than Amazon...is there anything I need apart from a HUKD account to sell on there?
    Paypal is people's preferred payment method, bank transfer for some... a good amount for reputation would be good to show you're a decent trader.

ReputationRep:
    my bad - neg me lads (though i blame the pcworld decription) i no what the router is as i am looking at it right now on my tv stand lol, i saw the pic, saw netgear and dg834 and though thats the bad boy, they shouldnt advertise wrong pictures :holmes:
    Nah it's an honest mistake to make, I saw the antenna and I thought the same. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Nah it's an honest mistake to make, I saw the antenna and I thought the same.
    whatever you sell it for, if your down on what you paid, i will make up the difference, so long as you dont sell it for a quid lol

ReputationRep:
    whatever you sell it for, if your down on what you paid, i will make up the difference, so long as you dont sell it for a quid lol
    I probably will be but it's fine, it's a life lesson innit :p:

And I'd feel bad cos at the end of the day it's my fault, I should have investigated a bit...

ReputationRep:
    im sure you can send it back anyway, how open is it, i mean can you not just wrap it back up?

Thats the thing with buying from places like amazon, returns policys can be pretty strict, unless its through a firm opposed to an individual, i will make up the difference btw

ReputationRep:
    Our 30-day* returns guarantee means that if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition within 30 days of the date you received the item, unopened (with any seals and shrink-wrap intact, clothing must have labels attached) and we will issue a full refund for the price you paid for the item
    I've opened the shrink-wrap so I don't think I can....

ReputationRep:
    I've opened the shrink-wrap so I don't think I can....
    third party seller?

ReputationRep:
    third party seller?
    I bought it from Amazon...

ReputationRep:
    I bought it from Amazon...
    just got off of the phone, they said you can still return it to amazon, you may not get the full price but a partial refund, tho i bet if you can wrap it as close to how it was originally you will still get a full refund

ReputationRep:
    just got off of the phone, they said you can still return it to amazon, you may not get the full price but a partial refund, tho i bet if you can wrap it as close to how it was originally you will still get a full refund
    I'll try it now, I don't think the guy I got off the phone with understood me properly but hey it's worth a try

ReputationRep:
    I'll try it now, I don't think the guy I got off the phone with understood me properly but hey it's worth a try
    say look, my mum bought it - we thought the antenna would be a screw in one in the wrapping loose, we undid the wrapping to see if it was in there, it wasn't thats when we realise she had bought a wired router

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.