Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    zombie lobby noobs really piss me off, they are the worst type of player you could ever imagine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Don't talk about TV's! I'm so tempted to get a bigger one atm and I don't want to....but it's sooo tempting!
    You're not the only one. Thankfully the sale/trade in offer for Sony TV's isn't on at the moment!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    A gold trophy on PJ Monsters is worth 23%. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    You're not the only one. Thankfully the sale/trade in offer for Sony TV's isn't on at the moment!
    What is this 'sale/trade' you speak of :beard: as I currently have a 42" Bravia but feel like I could upgrade to a newer model :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    What's the error code and message? Chances are if you have it, someone else on the PS forums had it too.

Don't talk about TV's! I'm so tempted to get a bigger one atm and I don't want to....but it's sooo tempting!
    I went for it
    I realised I get paid in just over a week, and have money coming in to me for 3 Reading festival tickets, which is then my festival spending money sorted, with a bit to spare, so I think I can afford £400 for a TV :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    I went for it
    I realised I get paid in just over a week, and have money coming in to me for 3 Reading festival tickets, which is then my festival spending money sorted, with a bit to spare, so I think I can afford £400 for a TV :woo:
    :stomp:

I want a new TV but I think the biggest I could get would only be 32" could bigger than than would be kinda useless in my room, I'd have to sit on the conservatory roof to view it.

ReputationRep:

I want a new TV but I think the biggest I could get would only be 32" could bigger than than would be kinda useless in my room, I'd have to sit on the conservatory roof to view it.
    Splash out on a 32" Bravia. Or, with a smaller budget, the 32" version of the LG, which is what my friend has, and from what I've seen, it's pretty darn good.

Alternatively, wait till the family are all out, and switch your room. They'll never know :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Splash out on a 32" Bravia. Or, with a smaller budget, the 32" version of the LG, which is what my friend has, and from what I've seen, it's pretty darn good.

Alternatively, wait till the family are all out, and switch your room. They'll never know :ninja:
    I was thinking of either an LG or Samsung since they both offer good value for money but I've never had a look at Bravia's because it's more premium and quite a bit more expensive although this one Clicky cos it's supposed to have Freesat HD (even though it says Freeview) so I'm tempted cos it's pretty cheap.

ReputationRep:
    If it has built in Freesat does that mean you don't need any external dish/aerial?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    If it has built in Freesat does that mean you don't need any external dish/aerial?
    You need a satellite dish for freesat. But if you TV has built in freesat you don't need a set top box (such as Sky or Virgin require for their services), and it is free to recieve. You also need a standard aerial to recieve freeview. Annoyingly Freesat doesn't seem to broadcast Dave from what I remember.

Have a look at the Sony Bravia 32W5810. It's the smaller version of the one we have and is very good! Definitely recommend it, I'm considering ti myself if there is still stock and a decent offer on again.

(Original post by meskell)
    What is this 'sale/trade' you speak of :beard: as I currently have a 42" Bravia but feel like I could upgrade to a newer model :awesome:
    They at some points have offers on to trade in an old TV and recieve upto £150 off a new one (the amount depends upon the model you buy). So pointless for you I suspect. They also do the offer on most other products like cameras, dvd players/recorders, ereaders, mp3 players but with varying amounts of discounts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    zombie lobby noobs really piss me off, they are the worst type of player you could ever imagine
    lol yup, it's worse when one of them does something retarded and expect to get revived and then quits (worse if they're host), or if they don't play then quit at the start of the game

Btw about the wired router:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk .

We are writing to confirm that we have processed your refund in the amount of £32.20 for your Order 203-3582259-5203533.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Netgear DG834 ADSL2+ Modem, Wired Router with 4-port 10/100 Mbps Switch
    Quantity: 1
    ASIN: B0000E0YHF
    Reason for refund: Customer return

The following is the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: £29.74
    Item Tax Refund: £5.21
    ReturnShippingFee Refund Deduction: -£2.75

Your refund is being credited as follows:

Visa Credit Card [ending with 3766]: £32.20

These amounts will be returned to your payment instruments within 10 business days.

Have questions about our refund policy?
    Visit our Help section for more information:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...wse/-/3149521/

-------

I didn't even wrap it up, I do love Amazon and their customer service! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of either an LG or Samsung since they both offer good value for money but I've never had a look at Bravia's because it's more premium and quite a bit more expensive although this one Clicky cos it's supposed to have Freesat HD (even though it says Freeview) so I'm tempted cos it's pretty cheap.
    I was considering getting one with Freesat, as we have a dish already, but I figured it would be too much hassle to set up and didn't want to pay for it to be done. Just found out though my parents want to get Sky, so I've said I'll pay them the £10 extra on top of my rent a month for multiroom, and whatever extra for channels I want. Would have liked to make use of the full HD of my TV, but not paying £199 for a HD sky box...at least not just yet anyway.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    See defoe, Amazon are awesome. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I was considering getting one with Freesat, as we have a dish already, but I figured it would be too much hassle to set up and didn't want to pay for it to be done. Just found out though my parents want to get Sky, so I've said I'll pay them the £10 extra on top of my rent a month for multiroom, and whatever extra for channels I want. Would have liked to make use of the full HD of my TV, but not paying £199 for a HD sky box...at least not just yet anyway.
    I don't mind the hassle because we have two dishes, one for Sky and one for Iranian channels but we hardly ever use it so it wouldn't be hard convincing my parents to let me use that one but for the price of the Bravia you could get maybe a 37" TV or similar so I'm still not sure if it's worth it tbh.

(Original post by spikeymike)
    See defoe, Amazon are awesome. :awesome:
    They really are, even if you read reviews of people with defective products etc, they will always comment on how good Amazon were in helping them. Their customer service is second to none imo...

ReputationRep:
    Here's hoping I won't have to find out 1st hand about their customer service!

Bloody early morning waiting for City Link. Bet they don't even turn up till dead on 1pm...

ReputationRep:
    It's here! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    It's here! :woo:
    Unless you are using it to go on here get off here and enjoy the TV! :p:

Can you use any standard PC USB keyboard with a PS3 to type with? Using the controller takes too long and I don't fancy paying out for one of those controller keyboard add on things as I think there is a spare keyboard somewhere in the loft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Unless you are using it to go on here get off here and enjoy the TV! :p:

Can you use any standard PC USB keyboard with a PS3 to type with? Using the controller takes too long and I don't fancy paying out for one of those controller keyboard add on things as I think there is a spare keyboard somewhere in the loft.
    My dad was cutting down some screws for the wall mount at that point :p:
    It's now tuning the TV channels.

As for keyboards, I think any standard USB keyboard should work.

Edit: It won't find any stations between BBC2 and BBC3 on Freeview Though from what I remember they were barely watchable anyway. Oh well, Sky is being installed Tuesday
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Did someone get a new tv? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I did

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.