Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    100% PJ Monsters. :king1:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    3 rounds of demolition, we lost the first one, won the second and the third. Overall it was about 15 mins long I would think. They were alright but once we started getting in air support they didn't take it down so it just got worse and worse for them.
    Loads of the games I have been in it seems I am the only one who tries to take down air support, if I fail or run out of rockets I just watch kill cam till the air support goes away. I hate it when the air support gets ever more numerous and destroys your team and makes respawning pointless.

I want to see Inception, but don't want to go alone and there isn't really anyone around to go with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuks)
    I agree...it messes with your head :woo: but it's really brilliant
    And congrats on graduating :cheers:
    Thanks!

(Original post by spikeymike)
    100% PJ Monsters. :king1:
    Nice one! :top:

Less than one day of TSR left! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    So I just completed The Force Unleashed and really enjoyed it! So much so that I'm gonna do a Star Wars film marathon over the next week. The second game is looking very good indeed. Ceremonial Jedi Robes + Black Lightsaber = :drool:

Kind of miffed about there not being trophies for MGS4, never even realised last time I completed it. Still, I'm moving onto that next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    So I just completed The Force Unleashed and really enjoyed it! So much so that I'm gonna do a Star Wars film marathon over the next week. The second game is looking very good indeed. Ceremonial Jedi Robes + Black Lightsaber = :drool:

Kind of miffed about there not being trophies for MGS4, never even realised last time I completed it. Still, I'm moving onto that next.
    Yeah there are no trophies in MGS4 because it was released about 6 months before trophies were made compulsory in all PS3 games.

ReputationRep:
    Why the other OS option was removed

ReputationRep:
    Why the other OS option was removed
    How come he doesn't get arrested or anything? He's openly admits that he hacks things. :dontknow:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Medal of Honor E3 Multiplayer! :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    Medal of Honor E3 Multiplayer! :eek2:

:yikes: Thats another game that will help ruin my second year of uni!

Anyone got that link to MOH Beta d/l? I wouldn't mind trying that out on the PS3 :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dhr90)
    :yikes: Thats another game that will help ruin my second year of uni!

Anyone got that link to MOH Beta d/l? I wouldn't mind trying that out on the PS3 :yep:
    Out October 15th.

The multiplayer in MoH is made from the makers of BF:BC2, the multiplayer on BC2 is awful IMO. It looks so much better in MoH, looks similar to MW.

ReputationRep:
    Out October 15th.

The multiplayer in MoH is made from the makers of BF:BC2, the multiplayer on BC2 is awful IMO. It looks so much better in MoH, looks similar to MW.
    The Beta is out Oct 15th? Why are all the good games coming out in the same 3 or 4 months this year? My debit card will feel so sad

I haven't got or played BC2 so wouldn't know.

Is the MOH on PS3 that is already out worth buying? If so is it better than MGS4?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dhr90)
    The Beta is out Oct 15th? Why are all the good games coming out in the same 3 or 4 months this year? My debit card will feel so sad

I haven't got or played BC2 so wouldn't know.

Is the MOH on PS3 that is already out worth buying? If so is it better than MGS4?
    The full game is out Oct 15th. The beta (afaik) is already out there.

I'm not sure, I was thinking of getting it but I can't remember why I didn't get it. :holmes: I'll look into it again.

Edit:
    MoH: Airborne doesn't look great tbh... http://uk.guides.ign.com/guides/692471/page_2.html

ReputationRep:
    Out October 15th.

All this time and you haven't seen me on the beta

It's exactly the same as BF:BC2, the same game engine etc etc...I've played both maps and just because it has fancy music on the trailer doesn't make it any better tbh. The lag on the beta is horrible (the opposite of that trailer!), you shoot at someone and no hit markers at all or you get killed in an instant when you go face to face with someone. It might just be me not liking BF games but it's not as well polished as MW2. Also snipers and shotgunners do my head in on that game especially with the more open maps it has.

The PC and Ps3 beta are out, the X360 one has been delayed for some reason. If you look around on the web there might be websites still giving out beta keys.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone played Dragon Age? Been out for a while; my friend let me play on his copy and I instantly fell in love. Probably the best game I've ever played on PS3, bar Heavy Rain and the Uncharted Series.
    I'd recommend it, if you fancy putting it in the list on the OP.
    Oh and Split/Second I recommend too. Amazing game.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    All this time and you haven't seen me on the beta

It's exactly the same as BF:BC2, the same game engine etc etc...I've played both maps and just because it has fancy music on the trailer doesn't make it any better tbh. The lag on the beta is horrible (the opposite of that trailer!), you shoot at someone and no hit markers at all or you get killed in an instant when you go face to face with someone. It might just be me not liking BF games but it's not as well polished as MW2. Also snipers and shotgunners do my head in on that game especially with the more open maps it has.

The PC and Ps3 beta are out, the X360 one has been delayed for some reason. If you look around on the web there might be websites still giving out beta keys.
    I don't always look at my friends list every minute.

I quite like the campaign in BF games but certainly the multiplayer has been quite sucky. *Awaits demo that isn't beta*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Loads of the games I have been in it seems I am the only one who tries to take down air support, if I fail or run out of rockets I just watch kill cam till the air support goes away. I hate it when the air support gets ever more numerous and destroys your team and makes respawning pointless.

I want to see Inception, but don't want to go alone and there isn't really anyone around to go with
    You are one of the smart ones then, the number of people I see blatantly mashing square to respawn if I'm chopper gunning in like Demolition or Domination is unreal. You can easily rack up 20/30 kills on ground war if the other team is stupid enough. I rarely ever play without a party so we usually have someone who's willing to take air support down, not that the other team get air support that often :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't always look at my friends list every minute.

I quite like the campaign in BF games but certainly the multiplayer has been quite sucky. *Awaits demo that isn't beta*
    Neither do I but I do scroll through ever now and then to see what people are playing :hand:

Why didn't you like the BF multiplayer? :holmes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by chernij)
    Anyone played Dragon Age? Been out for a while; my friend let me play on his copy and I instantly fell in love. Probably the best game I've ever played on PS3, bar Heavy Rain and the Uncharted Series.
    I'd recommend it, if you fancy putting it in the list on the OP.
    Oh and Split/Second I recommend too. Amazing game.
    Done.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Neither do I but I do scroll through ever now and then to see what people are playing :hand:

Why didn't you like the BF multiplayer? :holmes:
    :pierre:

I'm not sure, the lobbies are smaller than CoD so it's not really fun looking for people to kill. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong? :holmes: I'll give it another shot soon as I've finished PJ Monsters.

ReputationRep:
    Done.
    Thanks.
    Oh and Super Stardust HD for the PSN game recommendation. It's an action game... sort of. One of the most addicting games I have ever played.
    Can't believe I forgot it :facepalm2:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.