Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Good idea, the retailer might actually do something to assist you, or help you, get a new one. Well here's to hoping!

But just imagine all the games you could get for your 360.. Halo 3, ermmmm i can't think of anymore... Sorry..
    It would be nice to play Gears of War and Halo, but I'm more than happy with the exclusives the the PS3 has got anyway.

Plus, my hands have moulded to the PS controller after more than a decade of using them now. The d-pad on the 360 controller is far worse than the left analogue stick placement on the PS3 controller imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Yours should be alright I think. Going by all the YouTube and Playstation Forums comments, it does seem like it's the older 60GB versions that are affected the most.

I think it's far too much of a coincidence that 3.0 comes out and there has been a surge of bricked launch SKU PS3's ever since.

It makes it worse that they released the PS3 Slim like at the exact same time, so it seems like they're bricking the old consoles so people buy the new SKU. Way too much of a coincidence if you asked me..
    That's odd, Sony "offing" all the 60gb PS3's, bloody conspiracy.

Maybe they will leave the 40gb ones, as they were bought by cheapskates like me :lol:

The dynamic wallpaper with sparkles was a front...

(Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    GTA 4 Getting level 10 online took aaaaaaaaaages. I was quite proud when I completed killzone 2 on elite too.
    :eek: Well done!

I gave up on that plat a looooong time ago. Same for me for Kz2

Keep up the good work :top:

ReputationRep:
    :eek3:

http://kotaku.com/5353027/sony-aware...irmware-issues

ReputationRep:
    My brother ordered the PS3 slim and it arrived today with Batman Arkham Asylum...it's a lot more ugly than i thought it would be :p:

I don't like the controller much either, feels cheap and the triggers on it need to be pressed too far.

You can tell I play Xbox normally can't you? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently they use some crazy prop. FS for no reason. Boooo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    That's odd, Sony "offing" all the 60gb PS3's, bloody conspiracy.

Maybe they will leave the 40gb ones, as they were bought by cheapskates like me :lol:

The dynamic wallpaper with sparkles was a front...
    :lolwut:
    Where did you hear about that conspiracy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchedEdge)
    My brother ordered the PS3 slim and it arrived today with Batman Arkham Asylum...it's a lot more ugly than i thought it would be :p:

I don't like the controller much either, feels cheap and the triggers on it need to be pressed too far.

You can tell I play Xbox normally can't you? :rolleyes:
    go away prawn. you're not welcome here. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I don't doubt that you're a good gamer at all. Quite the contrary - playing MGS4 to completion is no mean feat. I am actually hoping trophies aren't getting released for that game as you would be seriously peeved off!

However, making such an open statement which can be construed as you saying "I'm better than you at everything" as opposed to "I'm better than you at MGS", makes out that you're being incredibly arrogant.

I can't stand arrogance, which is why I've been a little annoyed recently. :dontknow:
    Trophies would make me melt as I did all 40 emblems as well... found all the weapons, etc. without a guide as I was one of the first to do it. If I had to do it all again (which I would of course be obligated to do so) it'd just anger me doing it all again. I'd want to be the first to Platinum it, but I've forgotten most of my routes for Big Boss and wouldn't want to take easier and slower ones. Haven't touched the game since I set the record (August 08).

And on the note of arrogance, each to their own, but personally I don't see "arrogance" as arrogance if it's justified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsphyxiateD)

I don't see "arrogance" as arrogance if it's justified.
    Each to their own I suppose...

ReputationRep:
    "offensive display of superiority or self-importance; overbearing pride"

Statin' facts ain't offensive tbh.

ReputationRep:

Some people view it as such.

ReputationRep:

Of course stating facts can be offensive.

I can come out and say I'm better than you at Pro Evo because I know that's not your type of game.

It's therefore a fact that "I'm better than you" at that game, but I'm obviously not going to put it in my signature or anything like that, as you won't be very happy about that.

Yes that analogy is hit and miss, but hopefully you understand the point I'm trying to make.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that, I know what it feels like!
    right back at you.

ReputationRep:
    Yours should be alright I think. Going by all the YouTube and Playstation Forums comments, it does seem like it's the older 60GB versions that are affected the most.

I think it's far too much of a coincidence that 3.0 comes out and there has been a surge of bricked launch SKU PS3's ever since.

It makes it worse that they released the PS3 Slim like at the exact same time, so it seems like they're bricking the old consoles so people buy the new SKU. Way too much of a coincidence if you asked me..
    I call conspiracy as well; mine was a 60GB from '07.

This would have to happen as I was about to reach my lifelong ambition of L55 10th Prestige on CoD4. I was almost level 54 ;'(

At lesast I still know my PSN password...I hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omicronlyrae)
    Some people view it as such.
    Some people need to get a grip.

Of course stating facts can be offensive.

I can come out and say I'm better than you at Pro Evo because I know that's not your type of game.

It's therefore a fact that "I'm better than you" at that game, but I'm obviously not going to put it in my signature or anything like that, as you won't be very happy about that.

Yes that analogy is hit and miss, but hopefully you understand the point I'm trying to make.
    The analogy is stupid because as far as you're aware I may be good at Pro Evo; I've never mentioned whether I play those types of games let alone my skill level on them, so you have no real method of gauging if you are, in fact, better than me at them. So "hit and miss" indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Some people need to get a grip.

The analogy is stupid because as far as you're aware I may be good at Pro Evo; I've never mentioned whether I play those types of games let alone my skill level on them, so you have no real method of gauging if you are, in fact, better than me at them. So "hit and miss" indeed.
    How do you know that Geoff isn't the current world record holder, or perhaps myself, or anyone else on this forum? Despite you claiming that you being 'better' than us is gospel (which as I mentioned is debatable), the mere fact that you mention it without request or provocation from anyone else is a clear "up yours" to social protocol and is therefore considered 'offensive' (read: arrogant) because anyone who reads it thinks: "how do you know?!".

Anyway, I've had enough of this futile argument which seems to be all I see in this thread nowadays. I'm not going to visit the forum for a few days while you guys handbag it out.

Geoff, hope your PS3 gets sorted out so you can go back to gaming and not have to rebut everything on this thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAKstriked)
    I call conspiracy as well; mine was a 60GB from '07.

This would have to happen as I was about to reach my lifelong ambition of L55 10th Prestige on CoD4. I was almost level 54 ;'(

At lesast I still know my PSN password...I hope.
    Yeah I would never forget that! That must really suck as well - that's a LOT of hours to put in to CoD4!

(Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    How do you know that Geoff isn't the current world record holder, or perhaps myself, or anyone else on this forum? Despite you claiming that you being 'better' than us is gospel (which as I mentioned is debatable), the mere fact that you mention it without request or provocation from anyone else is a clear "up yours" to social protocol and is therefore considered 'offensive' (read: arrogant) because anyone who reads it thinks: "how do you know?!".

Anyway, I've had enough of this futile argument which seems to be all I see in this thread nowadays. I'm not going to visit the forum for a few days while you guys handbag it out.

Geoff, hope your PS3 gets sorted out so you can go back to gaming and not have to rebut everything on this thread!
    Thank you! That's a much better explanation.

Yeah sorry about all this, but sometimes there's only so much I can keep to myself before I have to react and comment.

I hope I get my issue sorted soon too, not least because I'm back at uni soon and sorting out the delivery and everything gets complicated.

ReputationRep:
    guys guys! there is too much negativity in this thread!

Also in the good old days, internet disputes like these were settled over a good old 1v1 match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAKstriked)
    I just got a YLOD. £128! to replace. They should be paying me compensation for the lost game data.
    Sorry to hear that, I know what it feels like! :console:

Including me, you're the third person who's got the YLoD in the past few days! :eek:

Got the call from the Sony person just now, and he gave me the same story as woman did yesterday.

I asked to him for an address that I could write to to complain though. I will be writing to them if I have no luck with Amazon.
    Hey I was reading an article on eurogamer the other day and I came across a computer shop which does PS3 repairs for £79.99.
    http://www.colchestercomputers.com/xbox.htm

They're picking up my PS3 today and usually send it back within a day or two! :yep:
    So if it all goes to plan I'll have it back before the week is out, then I'm trading it in for a Slim...
    So overall it's going to cost around £130 to get it fixed and to trade it in for a Slim with a year warranty! :woo:

Much better than paying those cheap *******s at Sony £128 just to get it back with a 3 month warranty!

(Original post by darkos87)
    holy crap guys I'm going to stop playing seriously, 2 ylod in 3-4 days is scary in a smallish forum like that,
    Trade it in...get a Slim and maybe get extended warranty?

Apparently most of the problems caused with the YLOD relate to overheating which causes the boards to get warped, the slim uses half the power of the 60gb PS3 and has fancy heat dissipation (something like that anyways )

Hopefully the Slim will be like the Jasper revision of the 'other console'.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.