Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    nope, a phatty
    Oh dear, those things nom nom nom on your electricity like there's no tomorrow! :p:

Which model it it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Oh dear, those things nom nom nom on your electricity like there's no tomorrow!

Which model it it??
    40gb
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh dear, those things nom nom nom on your electricity like there's no tomorrow! :p:

Which model it it??
    No wonder they're fat! :p:

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, i'm hopefully going to be starting uni in september and i was wondering if it was worth taking my ps3 for the first year? i mainly play online but i don't know if most uni's block certain ports to prevent gaming as i guess they don't want a ton of bandwidth being used by ps3 and xbox users. does this happen?

ReputationRep:
    I think they use 135W or thereabouts...which is less than they 60gb ones but still about double of Slims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger-man)
    hey guys, i'm hopefully going to be starting uni in september and i was wondering if it was worth taking my ps3 for the first year? i mainly play online but i don't know if most uni's block certain ports to prevent gaming as i guess they don't want a ton of bandwidth being used by ps3 and xbox users. does this happen?
    not at my uni, they have a help service for getting games consoles working in your rooms

x
    then the tv on top of the ps3 :s: :cry: i am bricking it tbh

ReputationRep:
    Dunno which Uni you're going to so it depends on your Universities policy but so many of my friends brought up their X360's and PS3's during Xmas cos they were so bored. I'm surprised they lasted that long tbh :p:

ReputationRep:
    then the tv on top of the ps3 :s: :cry: i am bricking it tbh
    TV's aren't all that bad. On the Ps3 front though, I did read that if you used your PS3 2 hours per day for a year it would cost you about £20 per year (this was when there were no Slim Ps3's) so it can't be that bad surely

ReputationRep:
    TV's aren't all that bad. On the Ps3 front though, I did read that if you used your PS3 2 hours per day for a year it would cost you about £20 per year (this was when there were no Slim Ps3's) so it can't be that bad surely
    wow, well that sounds quite promising tbh

i really must get a slim,but need some money first

ReputationRep:
    wow, well that sounds quite promising tbh

i really must get a slim,but need some money first
    You should, they run so quietly like a ninja :ninja:

Half the time you can't tell if it's on or not.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You should, they run so quietly like a ninja :ninja:

Half the time you can't tell if it's on or not.
    Turn your TV down. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Guys, is there anyway to stop downloads from pausing when you start a game? Even when the game itself doesn't go online. For example, Dragon Age. It's rather annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Long time no speak guys :wave:

I'm bored of the old PSTriple. Need a new game. Finished FFXIII, kinda meh, not all that tbh. Heavy Rain was the last game I ADORED. Platinumed Uncharted 1 and 2 and got the Big Boss Emblem on MGS4 (as well as FINALLY getting Foxhound on MGS3).

Now I need something new to play. Suggest people!

I have:

COD: MW
    COD: [email protected]
    FFXIII
    Heavy Rain
    Little Big Planet
    MGS4
    Ratchet and Clank: TOD
    Resi 5
    Soul Calibur IV
    Uncharted
    Uncharted 2
    Virtua Tennis 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Long time no speak guys :wave:

I'm bored of the old PSTriple. Need a new game. Finished FFXIII, kinda meh, not all that tbh. Heavy Rain was the last game I ADORED. Platinumed Uncharted 1 and 2 and got the Big Boss Emblem on MGS4 (as well as FINALLY getting Foxhound on MGS3).

Now I need something new to play. Suggest people!

I have:

COD: MW
    COD: [email protected]
    FFXIII
    Heavy Rain
    Little Big Planet
    MGS4
    Ratchet and Clank: TOD
    Resi 5
    Soul Calibur IV
    Uncharted
    Uncharted 2
    Virtua Tennis 3

Red Dead Redemption is a very good game.

ReputationRep:
    Red Dead Redemption is a very good game.
    Is that the wild west game?

ReputationRep:
    Hi PinkPenguin :hello:

I finished FFXIII not too long ago, and thought it was a bit rubbish tbh! Usually i feel quite sad to finish the story, but I was just happy to never see Hope and Vanille again!

As for a new game suggestion, I recently bought "Fat Princess" on the Playstation Network. I thought it might of been lame, but its really fun and has got some good reviews. The game has recently got a price drop to £7.99 which is a bargain in my opinion.

Or...if you like RPG's and want a challenge, I highly recommend Demon's Souls. An exclusive PS3 game, that wouldnt have got to Europe if it wasnt so popular.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Is that the wild west game?
    :hi: Yes it is.

- If you enjoyed R&C: ToD, then get R&C: Crack in Time!
    - CoD: MW2
    - CoD: Black Ops in Nov
    - LBP2 in Nov

Gran Turismo 5? One of the most anticipated game of all time is due to release... you guessed it, November. :p:

Some more game recommendations are in the OP including PSN games.

ReputationRep:
    £130 for the quarter i was expecting more tbh so the ps3 cant be using that much i guess

ReputationRep:
    I always seem to get stuck with idiots in Zombies. I went to cover some guy's window after he moved, cos there were zombies starting to spawn, so he started throwing grenades at me to get me to move ffs...

ReputationRep:
    Has the store been updated yet?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.