Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so i've been playing FIFA pretty much non-stop since it came out and I've only just got the trophy for playing for 50 hours... what the hell FIFA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Oh yeah guys, I've just fully completed Fifa 10, 100%! :woo:

Edit:
    It's an achievement, because EA made the trophies ridiculously time consuming.
    Congrats. How many games have you fully completed?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done RE5 on Pro yet? I fancy pairing up cos even on vet Sheva's constantly having me smash my head against the wall..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Congrats. How many games have you fully completed?
    8 Platinums, have fully completed 6 PS3 games and 2 PSN games.

:fyi: You can platinum games without getting 100% on some games.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Jev)
    so i've been playing FIFA pretty much non-stop since it came out and I've only just got the trophy for playing for 50 hours... what the hell FIFA?
    Yeah... try the one where you have to buy 500 packs in Ultimate Team. LOL! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    8 Platinums, have fully completed 6 PS3 games and 2 PSN games.

:fyi: You can platinum games without getting 100% on some games.
    So is a platinum trophy usually used to designate a completed game, and the other 3 are for challenges in the game?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    So is a platinum trophy usually used to designate a completed game, and the other 3 are for challenges in the game?
    A platinum is acheived by completing either:
    1) the campaign i.e. You can platinum Uncharted 2 without actually completing any of the online trophies.

2) the campaign + online i.e. Battlefield: Bad Company 1&2, you have to complete both campaign and online.

What do you mean by the other 3? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Has anyone done RE5 on Pro yet? I fancy pairing up cos even on vet Sheva's constantly having me smash my head against the wall..
    As a quick heads up, when you get to the huge boss you fight using the miniguns in the jeep, it's easier to do that with an AI partner (they don't fail the button presses to grab/duck)

I don't think I'd ever be able to do Pro without infinite ammo :o:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, so how does one join this society? :beard:

I don't have many games, but I've become more interested in my PS3 now exams are over! :p:

Oh, my PSN ID is Maduin_Terra feel free to add me!

ReputationRep:
    We should have a platinums/golds/trophies league table or something.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah guys, I've just fully completed Fifa 10, 100%! :woo:

Edit:
    It's an achievement, because EA made the trophies ridiculously time consuming.
    :woot:*Congratulations*:congrats:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Magical Moogles)
    Hmm, so how does one join this society? :beard:

I don't have many games, but I've become more interested in my PS3 now exams are over! :p:

Oh, my PSN ID is Maduin_Terra feel free to add me!
    Check on the first post.

PSN ID added. :yy:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    We should have a platinums/golds/trophies league table or something.
    That would be interesting. :holmes:

Well if anyone approves of it, then I'd happily rack something up.

ReputationRep:
    I platinumed RE5 a while back. I agree, Sheva can be pretty frustrating at times.

edit:
    Yeah basically. In addition to what mike said, platinum trophies are usually awarded for completing all other trophies (Gold, Silver & Bronze) that are available when the game is released. While some DLC may contain additional trophies for the game, these merely alter the percentage complete and don't contribute towards the Platinum.

For example, I hate the fact my GTA trophy percentage is no longer 100% after Liberty City Episodes were released which added trophies to the list. IIRC it's about 83% complete now despite having the Platinum

Gold, Silver and Bronze I think.

ReputationRep:
    kane and lynch 2 demo came out yesterday, im loving the youtube-esque video style and the feel of the recoil of the guns in this game.

i bought 'dead men' recently for the lulz and thought it was ok since i had already put up with a previous game by eidos called: 'freedom fighters,' but what im noticing a lot about eidos games, friendly/enemy AI tends to be crap, even with their better games such as the hitman franchise AI is more or less the same dumb nuts you shoot at.

some good improvements from the first game are:
    -the gun recoil arent as ridiculous as in 'dead men.'
    -they've completely got rid of squad commands, which was something i quite liked about freedom fighters but absolutely hated about 'dead men,' even though it is a squad based game, i just felt that the friendly AI was so dumb when it came to finding cover, you normally had to risk your life trying to give them an adrenaline (to revive them) but usually ended getting yourself overdosed...
    -the cover system is now integrated by pressing a button, if you remember in 'dead men' you had to kind of position yourself on a wall at a certain angle to have you back against it. that's a god send!

some things which im not too sure about are:
    -has it graphically improved? the first game people were saying that the game looked like it was a ps2 game, since some character models are actually quite ugly. explosions and muzzle flash were shown poorly too, guns and grenades just didnt work like they ought to. the 'dog days' demo seems to have taken some of these flaws into account.
    -the human shield mechanism - you're only allowed to take some npc's (in the demo, only police) as a human shield not just anyone, this puzzled me whilst playing through.
    -multi player, the fragile alliance scenario sounds pretty cool, just havent had a chance to play it since no one seems to be joining the lobby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeineHeldenMehr)
    even with their better games such as the hitman franchise AI is more or less the same dumb nuts you shoot at.
    The Hitman games are some of my favourite, but the AI is absolutely godawful.

Bronze, silver and gold. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just completes RE5 on Vet with all emblems and treasures. Booya!

Now for professional.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The Hitman games are some of my favourite, but the AI is absolutely godawful.

Bronze, silver and gold. :p:
    Oh I see, yeah they're just random challanges where bronze is the easiest and gold is the hardest.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    PSN Store Update, deals until Aug 4th.
    http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1107754p1.html

ReputationRep:
    My friend said you can use a debit card to buy stuff off PSN, is that right? It said credit card or the PSN token things when I went to buy. Think I will purchase the 2 MW2 map packs tomorrow if I can use a debit card :woo:

Also does anywhere offer a better deal than 7dayshop on the psn cards?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.