Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    10GB? Wow I can exceed that in a day or two...which ISP are you with?
    BT. I believe it's an 8MB speed 10GB d/l limit thing. My dad can't be bothered to upgrade it as we only get close to the d/l limit when I am at home so it's not worth the cost for him, and since using my PS3 online I really chewed it up these past couple of weeks so will have to stop playing it for a while.

Can I use an external hard drive, formatted to whatever the PS3 needs via usb for saving/transfering stuff? I have realised that downloading stuff through it will probably quickly use up the 80GB hard drive and I have a 3 or 5 year warrenty on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    remind me of this post tomorrow
    Hahaha ok I will
    I'm intrigued :holmes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Bad Company 2 online trophies is just as bad as Fifa 10. :stupid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    That would be interesting. :holmes:

Well if anyone approves of it, then I'd happily rack something up.
    I'm up for it.
    I'll happily take the coveted last place spot :king1:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    BT. I believe it's an 8MB speed 10GB d/l limit thing. My dad can't be bothered to upgrade it as we only get close to the d/l limit when I am at home so it's not worth the cost for him, and since using my PS3 online I really chewed it up these past couple of weeks so will have to stop playing it for a while.

Can I use an external hard drive, formatted to whatever the PS3 needs via usb for saving/transfering stuff? I have realised that downloading stuff through it will probably quickly use up the 80GB hard drive and I have a 3 or 5 year warrenty on it.
    If you format it to FAT32 then you can put gamesaves, music, videos and pictures onto it easily. You can upgrade the hard drive to about 500gb if you wanted to for about £40.

ReputationRep:
    Guise guise! 2 for £25 at Play, I was thinking of getting Dante's Inferno and maybe Army Of 2/Red Faction?

Anyway some very good deals on there! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    If you format it to FAT32 then you can put gamesaves, music, videos and pictures onto it easily. You can upgrade the hard drive to about 500gb if you wanted to for about £40.
    Changing them doesn't void the warrenty then? More specifically the warrenty is through my dads bank as he gets 5 electrical items per year when using a credit card, so would it all have to remain standard?

How easy is it to transfer all my current data to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Changing them doesn't void the warrenty then? More specifically the warrenty is through my dads bank as he gets 5 electrical items per year when using a credit card, so would it all have to remain standard?

How easy is it to transfer all my current data to it?
    No it wont.

Upgrading the HDD will not void the warranty, however, the consumer takes full responsibility when upgrading the HDD.
    http://us.playstation.com/support/an...x.htm?a_id=362

You'll need to backup all your data onto an external hard drive first, remove the old one, fit the new one and restore the data. It will take a little while depending on how much stuff you have on the old hard drive but all in all it's pretty painless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magical Moogles)
    Woop just got all the trophies for "The Secret of Monkey Island" :yep:
    Another MI fan! My favourite game series of all time hands down!

You downloaded the new one to your PS3 yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)

I've only ever played the Curse of Monkey Island as a kid and I loved it.

ReputationRep:

Nope, although my sister keeps bugging me to buy it, we're both fans of Monkey Island! :p:

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge is my favourite of the series!

I see you around on the Final Fantasy thread as well - add my PSN ID Maduin_Terra if you like! :top:

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever played the Curse of Monkey Island as a kid and I loved it.
    I can't really decide between two or three. I'd love to see the first two get a graphical overhaul in the style of three. Anyway play the first two! The first has just been redone. You can torrent them or pick them up on eBay all easily, use ScummVM to play on your PC. The first two are only tiny files.

Speaking of which, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis anyone? I love the old LucasArts games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magical Moogles)
    Nope, although my sister keeps bugging me to buy it, we're both fans of Monkey Island! :p:

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge is my favourite of the series!

I see you around on the Final Fantasy thread as well - add my PSN ID Maduin_Terra if you like! :top:
    Will do, is the new Secret worth picking up if I already have the original? It looks realy pretty.

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone still play Killzone 2 online here?
    I haven't been on it for a long time, since MW2 and sort of want to get back playing it, but scared that there won't be any games ;D

Also anyone knows how much you get by trading in Fifa and Bad Company 2 at GAME? :}
    thanks~

ReputationRep:
    talking of lucas art games, didnt they make full throttle - i just downloaded that :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Will do, is the new Secret worth picking up if I already have the original? It looks realy pretty.
    With the Special Edition, you get updated graphics, voice acting, improved music, and of course trophies. I prefer the old graphics myself; the special edition allows you to change between HD and old graphics while playing!

I encountered a problem while playing the special edition on the PS3. Sometimes the screen would go black, while moving between screens, forcing you to reload.

I no longer have the original Monkey Island on my computer, so it was worthwhile to see it all over again. I think It's around £7-8 on the PSN, which is fairly reasonable, but overall I would say that the Special Edition doesn't really make the game any better than the original.

Is anybody here buying Move? In terms of shooters, will you actually use the Move controller over the normal PS3 one?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody fancy some Rust FFA quickscoping now? Add me ShizzleMahNizzle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Is anybody here buying Move? In terms of shooters, will you actually use the Move controller over the normal PS3 one?
    lol don't be so silly, I'll never use Move over my controller. I might use it for some other games if I get it but I don't wanna be playing Duck Hunt instead of CoD or whatever :p:

Although I did love Duck Hunt. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    remind me of this post tomorrow

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.