Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I hate it when you switch on the PS3 to play a game and then you're told you have to do a system update before you can do anything else.
    It is rather annoying.
    I thought my internet wasn't working; for some reason I was signed out. I went to change the settings and then BOOM! it needs an update.
    Very random timing. I love how it actually didn't tell me until I investigated what was going wrong.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by chernij)
    It is rather annoying.
    I thought my internet wasn't working; for some reason I was signed out. I went to change the settings and then BOOM! it needs an update.
    Very random timing. I love how it actually didn't tell me until I investigated what was going wrong.
    It told me immediately as I went on my account, I wasn't signed in to the PSN neither.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    WaW came today, either of you want to play some zombies later? Though I'll only have the first map for now. My friend said he was thinking of getting the most recent map pack for it, so maybe he'll let me share it.

(Original post by Roobsa)
    Just fired up MW2 for the first time in about 7/8 months. £22 it'll cost me for the new maps! Doesn't seem worth it with Black Ops round the corner.
    There's seems to be a lot more hype around Black Ops than I expected. A lot of people were disappointed and complained about WaW/Treyarch. But that all seems to have been forgotten.

ReputationRep:
    Update? Better switch the PS3 on now then before I actually want to play it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    There's seems to be a lot more hype around Black Ops than I expected. A lot of people were disappointed and complained about WaW/Treyarch. But that all seems to have been forgotten.
    I reckon it's because we're in the "middle" period between the game being announced and the release. I'm sure it'll all come back when there's a month to go before the actual release.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the fence when it comes to Black Ops as on the one hand, I really didn't like WaW's multiplayer and i don't like the fact that a new CoD is released each year, but on the other hand the majority of my friends have pre-ordered it and most of the fun of online games comes from competing with friends. I'll probably wait for reviews and see how many leave MW2 before I decide whether i'll get it or not.

ReputationRep:
    Got my Resident Evil 5 platinum!

ReputationRep:
    It told me immediately as I went on my account, I wasn't signed in to the PSN neither.
    :confused:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Got my Resident Evil 5 platinum!
    Well done man! :king1:

(Original post by chernij)
    :confused:
    Yeah I know.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by badger-man)
    I'm on the fence when it comes to Black Ops as on the one hand, I really didn't like WaW's multiplayer and i don't like the fact that a new CoD is released each year, but on the other hand the majority of my friends have pre-ordered it and most of the fun of online games comes from competing with friends. I'll probably wait for reviews and see how many leave MW2 before I decide whether i'll get it or not.
    Yeah same here, I've not played a Treyarch game yet + I'm not the biggest CoD fan ever. I'd rather get GT5 first, followed by LBP2 then consider Black Ops later.

ReputationRep:
    Have you got auto-sign in on? Cos it will only tell you that you need to update when you try signing into the PSN.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Have you got auto-sign in on? Cos it will only tell you that you need to update when you try signing into the PSN.
    Yep, It never said I signed on, I even tried to look on my friends list, no-one appeared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Update? Better switch the PS3 on now then before I actually want to play it.
    It's something to do with the PS Store, some new engine that they're gonna use that will recommend you games and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, It never said I signed on, I even tried to look on my friends list, no-one appeared.
    It won't allow you to sign onto the PSN until you do the update. If you have auto sign in off (like me) then you can do anything you want to do offline and it won't bug you until you try going online.

ReputationRep:
    Who's leading the platinum tables btw? I'm on a measly 4. :/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Who's leading the platinum tables btw? I'm on a measly 4. :/
    I dunno, I'm on 8... I'll whip up something just now later, give people a chance to sync their trophies. (Just the regular posters)

Edit:
    Everyone sync your trophies!

ReputationRep:
    I have a grand total of zero!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Bilkos_Ices is winning. Beans999 (aka Humz) is disqualified because his brother helps him. :p:

Edit: Typo... Bilkos has 355 bronze.
    Edit2: +1 silver and plat for Brotherhood.

ReputationRep:
    I'll forget about the SSHD thing before.
    Just played again.
    45 425 990
    In the world I got number 1751 on the highest score this month.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't sync so +1 silver and platinum on top of that typo too for anyone looking. :cool:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.