Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    All this talk of PS3s breaking down is worrying me. My PS3 has frozen a few times these past few days... very tempted to part exchange for a Slim...

Worrying times... but FIFA 10 demo is coming out tommorrow, yay!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's firmware related. Sure, people are getting YLODs, but people have always been getting YLODs. I'd be hugely surprised if there was a significant increase in the number of them in the past week or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I'll have a read of that later.

The video doesn't work?? :hmmmm2:
    Come on mate, let it goooo! There's no point getting worked up about this even if 3.00 did affect the 60gb PS3's cos no way in hell would Sony ever offer free repairs or anything along that line the stingy *******s!!!

Btw have you thought about how your gonna get yours fixed?

ReputationRep:
    Purchased - thanks!

Reviews look very promising indeed. Ordered a 1.5TB external HDD as well so I will be able to use one of my old 500GB external HDDs to back up my PS3. :jive:
    Don't worry about the Buffalo drive mate... I have the 1TB version and it's great. It's what I use to back my PS3 up.

But on the note of getting a new internal drive, I recommend research. I mean, I could be wrong, but what with the new design and all is it possible they've changed the drive format from 2.5 SATA or whatever it was? Worth a look just in case.

ReputationRep:
    I'll have a read of that later.

The video doesn't work?? :hmmmm2:
    Balls, well it was a video of some dude's PS3 slim getting YLOD already.

(not sure how genuine it is, as the twunt looks like he's a 360 fanboy) :rolleyes:

How's the replacement situation going?!

ReputationRep:
    Just got the platinum on Batman Nothing to play again now other than trying to get the last 3 trophies on Super Stardust HD.

Who is gonna be downloading the FIFA demo from the store later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    Just got the platinum on Batman Nothing to play again now other than trying to get the last 3 trophies on Super Stardust HD.

Nice one :borat:

I will deffo be dowloading Fifa 10 demo!

Might keep me entertained until the full game is released :woo:

Fifa 09 can **** off, glitchy mother führer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilkos_Ices)

Well done on the plat!

I was really looking forward to the FIFA demo, but now it's gonna have to wait until after I finish work... if its out by then that is

ReputationRep:
    The fifa demo is out on xbox already and apparently the keepers have really low ratings. Cech 64, Buffon 66 etc yet Manninger (Juventus sub goalie) has a rating of 79
    I wonder what thats all about.

Regardless i can't wait to download it tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Nice one :borat:

I will deffo be dowloading Fifa 10 demo!

Might keep me entertained until the full game is released :woo:

Fifa 09 can **** off, glitchy mother führer.
    I'm still not sure if i'm gonna get the full game with uncharted 2 coming out later in october followed by MW2. I'm hoping the demo will make my mind up either way.

(Original post by Abz90)
    Well done on the plat!

I was really looking forward to the FIFA demo, but now it's gonna have to wait until after I finish work... if its out by then that is
    Well i'm playing footy with my mates at 5 so I wont get to play on it for a while either. Store hasn't updated yet and I don't think it usually does for an hour or two either.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be downloading the motorstorm theme. unless it costs more than 2 pounds.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/...eptember-2009/

we get demos for fat princess as well! I hope it's online, can't wait to try this game.

ReputationRep:
    Having to pay for Dynamic themes is a ****ing joke.

What we need is a way to make them ourselves, for free. Like an editor. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    £1.59 a theme - your having a giraffe!!!

Though ill get the free ones :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Bah I thought that LBP theme was gonna be free, I liked it, never gonna pay for a theme.

ReputationRep:
    Fifa demo is up, you need to search it though, its not on home page of store yet

ReputationRep:
    The wipeout theme is beautiful... Is it interactive, or is it just a .mp4 file playing in the background?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    The wipeout theme is beautiful... Is it interactive, or is it just a .mp4 file playing in the background?
    From what I can gather it is just a vid in the background. Shame the others cost moneys as if they are anything near as good as this one then, well ... :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Come on mate, let it goooo! There's no point getting worked up about this even if 3.00 did affect the 60gb PS3's cos no way in hell would Sony ever offer free repairs or anything along that line the stingy *******s!!!

Btw have you thought about how your gonna get yours fixed?
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    How's the replacement situation going?!
    I'm not too worked up about it (sorry if it's coming across that way!). I've come to accept my tragic loss ( :emo: ), so I'm now moving on and seeing what I can do to rectify the situation.

My sister has now said that it's best to write to Sony just to exhaust all options with them. Failing that, I'll get in touch with Amazon.

The letter is nearly complete. Will hopefully send it off tomorrow.

(Original post by AsphyxiateD)
    Don't worry about the Buffalo drive mate... I have the 1TB version and it's great. It's what I use to back my PS3 up.

But on the note of getting a new internal drive, I recommend research. I mean, I could be wrong, but what with the new design and all is it possible they've changed the drive format from 2.5 SATA or whatever it was? Worth a look just in case.
    Good good! I was taking a bit of a shot with the unrated 1.5TB version, but since the 1TB was rated so highly, I assumed the newer version can't be that much of a disaster! :yep:

You're right about the internal - tbh I just assumed the Slim would take the same HDD as their big daddies. I'll do some research and if it turns out it doesn't fit, it shouldn't be too difficult to return. Can't really cancel the order now as it was dispatched yesterday with 1st class delivery. Should be with me tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqPzchslJ_w

i'm kinda glad i didn't pay for the motorstorm one in the end :P

ReputationRep:
    Sony seem to be going off the rails a bit atm.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.