Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    You're starting to have a backlog of games already! :p:
    Haven't even played Resistance yet. I was determined to play them all equally, then I booted up the Creed and I've just been hooked ever since.

(Original post by Illusionary)
    Arkham Asylum is even more amazing than Assassin's Creed - enjoy! (and try to resist the urge to use a guide for the Riddler's challenges)
    I've been resisting using a guide for the Glyph challenges in ACII so far - the last one I did (I think it's the last but one glyph in the game) I spent about 20 minutes trying to work out, and it made my brain hurt. :sad: It's a very nice feeling when you finally work it out at the end though.

I always try and do games by myself, I bought Braid at the same time as my friend and he was still amazed 2 weeks later when I hadn't finished it because he'd just gone and looked for the answers. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    It's amazing.

Just bought Arkham Asylum, looking forwards to playing it now! :nutcase:
    If I was you I would play Batman on hard from the very beginning. It will take more getting used to but the game is too shrot and easy on normal and having to take your cues from the body language of the henchmen is immense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    If I was you I would play Batman on hard from the very beginning. It will take more getting used to but the game is too shrot and easy on normal and having to take your cues from the body language of the henchmen is immense.
    Good call :yes: It's not that much harder, anyway.

I've been resisting using a guide for the Glyph challenges in ACII so far - the last one I did (I think it's the last but one glyph in the game) I spent about 20 minutes trying to work out, and it made my brain hurt. :sad: It's a very nice feeling when you finally work it out at the end though.

I always try and do games by myself, I bought Braid at the same time as my friend and he was still amazed 2 weeks later when I hadn't finished it because he'd just gone and looked for the answers. :rolleyes:
    The Riddler challenges are hugely more satisfying that ACII's glyphs, which didn't do much for me (the first ones were fine, but the later ones... :no:).

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks. :yy:

On that kind of note, there was an harder way of playing the original Assassin's Creed that basically meant turning off all of the prompts and map features so that you had to listen to what characters were saying and try and find things out on your own as opposed to getting markers. I'm not sure if you can do it on the sequel (I haven't tried yet) but it definitely adds another dimension to the game.

The Riddler challenges are hugely more satisfying that ACII's glyphs, which didn't do much for me (the first ones were fine, but the later ones... :no:).
    The glyphs with a code wheel just make me want to break things.

What are the riddler challenges like? Are they similar mini-game style challenges or are they in-game?

ReputationRep:
    I think if everyone keeps posting just now, we could have Soc III for midnight. :p:
    We can do it! Without spamming of course :ninja:

ReputationRep:

What are the riddler challenges like? Are they similar mini-game style challenges or are they in-game?
    they are a small side quest which are prompted between different areas in a form of a riddle, you pretty much just scan an object or image which is most relevant to the riddle.

there are some really good ones if you're familiar with some of batman's usual enemies.

ReputationRep:
    The glyphs with a code wheel just make me want to break things.
    Exactly this :rant:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I cheated :o:

They're in-game, for a range of different things. Some are just for finding a 'trophy' in the game world, others for finding and 'scanning' an object that solves a riddle. I won't spoil the best ones for you, except to say that you need to use 'detective mode' to locate them. In each area, there's a map hidden somewhere that shows you the approximate location of the trophy/riddle item and you'll also get a text clue for each one.

ReputationRep:
    that's what i did and that completely makes pressing triangle into mashing at every occasion when you suspect one of the goons to attack, but if you anticipate wrongly, this breaks your combo, so if you want to gain xp quickly and efficiently on hard...i would actually make big use of the 'prince of persia' vaulting over the enemies and swipe a few quick attacks then vault over another enemy which is nearer to clear space. this makes combos easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Earthworm Jim HD demo.

**** yes

EDIT: Holy hell, the whole game is out. Why did nobody tell me?! No sleep for me tonight.
    I did mention it to the soc in general.

chernij is witness.
    :yep:
    Bought it this morning.
    I think if everyone keeps posting just now, we could have Soc III for midnight.
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeineHeldenMehr)
    that's what i did and that completely makes pressing triangle into mashing at every occasion when you suspect one of the goons to attack, but if you anticipate wrongly, this breaks your combo, so if you want to gain xp quickly and efficiently on hard...i would actually make big use of the 'prince of persia' vaulting over the enemies and swipe a few quick attacks then vault over another enemy which is nearer to clear space. this makes combos easy.
    It just takes a bit of practice, and the combat is incredibly satisfying when you get it right. I still didn't get anywhere near mastering it though, so the platinum remains out of reach as I couldn't get top scores on all of the challenge rooms. :sad:

The 'Freeflow Perfection' trophy is :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    :yep:
    Bought it this morning.

:woo:
    Downloading the demo now :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    PSN Exclusive: Premier Manager

Kingdom Hearts special edition.

Sony competition.

:awesome:

Edit: 27 posts to go.

ReputationRep:
    £13.99 is a bit steep I think, for a PSN game. Even if it is football. Anyway I have Football Manager 2010 for the PC

And I wish I was 18 for that competition :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Sony competition.

:awesome:

Edit: 27 posts to go.
    Send them a review of SSDHD :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    £13.99 is a bit steep I think, for a PSN game. Even if it is football. Anyway I have Football Manager 2010 for the PC

And I wish I was 18 for that competition :mad:
    It is pricey, I think it's kinda pointless since Fifa 11 is just round the corner! :woo:

I don't think I could write a good games review. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    It is pricey, I think it's kinda pointless since Fifa 11 is just round the corner! :woo:

I don't think I could write a good games review. :moon:
    Yeah.
    And Football Manager 11
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Send them a review of SSDHD :yep:
    I think this lot sums it all up quite well: :stomp: :eek3: :woohoo:

ReputationRep:
    Send them a review of SSDHD
    I think this lot sums it all up quite well:
    By the way I'm quoting you both in my profile. That is one awesome quote.
    21 posts left?

ReputationRep:
    21 posts left?
    I don't think I've been quoted in anyone's profile yet :king1:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    21 posts left?
    :proud:

20 now, iirc you can go over 10K, but apparently we shouldn't. :p:

Edit: 19 posts.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 29, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.