Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

:sogood:

I'm so jealous of all of you! This better still be free by the time I get round to downloading it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I'm not too worked up about it (sorry if it's coming across that way!). I've come to accept my tragic loss ( :emo: ), so I'm now moving on and seeing what I can do to rectify the situation.

My sister has now said that it's best to write to Sony just to exhaust all options with them. Failing that, I'll get in touch with Amazon.

The letter is nearly complete. Will hopefully send it off tomorrow.
    I would hold on just a little longer if I was you looks like Watchdog are investigating Sony lol. Was just watching it and Anne Robinson ended the program by saying, you got a sony, got a playstation? You won't want to miss watchdog next thursday.....

Pretty sure they're talking about YLOD, this could hopefully make Sony give us a 3 yr warranty just like the Microsoft give the xbox 360.

ReputationRep:
    Fifa10 demo is marvellous :excited:
    Forza Juve!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewait)
    I would hold on just a little longer if I was you looks like Watchdog are investigating Sony lol. Was just watching it and Anne Robinson ended the program by saying, you got a sony, got a playstation? You won't want to miss watchdog next thursday.....

Pretty sure they're talking about YLOD, this could hopefully make Sony give us a 3 yr warranty just like the Microsoft give the xbox 360.
    Oh RLY?!!!

I'll send the letter off before then, and send another one after Watchdog if I need to!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Anne Robinson's PS3 got the YLOD as well. :p:

(Original post by Cobbïns31770)
    Fifa10 demo is marvellous :excited:
    Forza Juve!
    Hell yeah! Such an awesome game! Just played as Barca v Juve; got Pique & Toure sent off!

Certain improvements from 09, for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Maybe Anne Robinson's PS3 got the YLOD as well. :p:

Hell yeah! Such an awesome game! Just played as Barca v Juve; got Pique & Toure sent off!

Certain improvements from 09, for sure.
    LOL,
    The players are 10 times better at staying onside aswell :cool:
    They seem to have ironed out the advantage system also
    The intelligence of defenders and goalies has been improved greatly.
    Still mystifies me why cech and Buffon are so low. Marseille's keeper Mandanda is still 83

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbïns31770)
    LOL,
    The players are 10 times better at staying onside aswell :cool:
    They seem to have ironed out the advantage system also
    The intelligence of defenders and goalies has been improved greatly.
    Still mystifies me why cech and Buffon are so low. Marseille's keeper Mandanda is still 83
    I'm just speculating, but perhaps that's only in the demo version, which means it makes it slightly easier to score goals.

In the final version the stats will be boosted back to it's normal level perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just speculating, but perhaps that's only in the demo version, which means it makes it slightly easier to score goals.

In the final version the stats will be boosted back to it's normal level perhaps.
    Yeah, I Imagine thats the reason, just odd that Bayern, Marseille and Chicago's keepers aren't affected.

Obviously if you played the demo constantly without being able to score you'd be put off lol.
    But i play against my younger brothers rather than the computer, thus giving me countless opportunities to score :p:

Can't wait for the pro evo demo, i hope they can match this as deep down there is still a part of me that wants them to come back to the top. Rumours of a release on the 1st of October, incidentally 1 day before Fifa is fully released

ReputationRep:
    Just been comparing trophies on the PS3 website, and I've just noticed one of my uni mates has "platinumed" Wipeout HD! :yikes:

ReputationRep:
    I got a bit bored and got a whole load more WipEout trophies today. =) Also, still playing R2. Cos it's awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, when you got your new HDD, did you put it straight into the PS3 after backing up the old one yeah?

No need to mess around with the new one by plugging it into a PC and reformatting it right?

ReputationRep:
    If i'm to be honest, i reckon it was quite hard to actually score in Fifa 10.

Keepers on the opposite team actually come towards you, and take you out/get stuck in!

Realism

Damn, if Cech & Buffon are low, i'd dread to think what David James' is.. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Guys, when you got your new HDD, did you put it straight into the PS3 after backing up the old one yeah?

No need to mess around with the new one by plugging it into a PC and reformatting it right?
    nope, just plug it in =)

ReputationRep:
    Oh RLY?!!!

I'll send the letter off before then, and send another one after Watchdog if I need to!
    You do realise that if somehow Sony is forced to offer free repairs I will do something crazy to them...I've not thought it through just yet but I will be well pissed off at spending £80!

Btw my PS3 will be back in my arms on Monday! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I've done some research, and both models of PS3 take the same type of HDD so the new I just bought should be able to fit in just fine (if I do end up having to buy a brand new system).

In the process of creating a PS3 backup HDD now that I've received my 1.5TB external! :jive:

ReputationRep:
    :woo: :woo:

My ps3 is working again!

:woo: :woo:

Tho it's still in a warehouse near Colchester but I'll have it back at the start of the week!!! :yes:

w00t...i gotta supercar challenge beta code =]

1000th post =]

edit : not quite the 1000th :indiff:

here is the link

http://n4g.com/ps3/News-393131.aspx

1000th post =] w00t

how many plats does every1 have?

ReputationRep:
    0. :dry:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.