Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Fat princess demo is so :coma:
    Proper going to buy it soon :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I just got Mercenaries 2 & Orange Box both for £17.99.

Good deal, or "what the **** were you thinking Andrew"?

Yeah, best of luck Geoff. How's the PS3 situtation going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    Ok cool
    (Original post by The Muon)
    good luck geoff :YY:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    I just got Mercenaries 2 & Orange Box both for £17.99.

Good deal, or "what the **** were you thinking Andrew"?

Yeah, best of luck Geoff. How's the PS3 situtation going?
    Cheers guys, but unfortunately when it reached the end, the command prompt said:

"The volume is too big for FAT32."

:fuhrer:

Waited like 6 hours for it to "format" as well!

Will now try the thing you told me about chernij. Hope it works.

In terms of the PS3 situation, I sent off the letter to Sony on Saturday, so I'm just waiting for a response now. I said in the letter to reply within 7 days, but who knows if/when I'll get a reply.. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Will be good if they reply within that time. It must suck without a ps3 atm

That FAT32 partition thing was an absolute knightmare when i did it a few months back, didn't even work properly on Vista, and had to use a computer with XP. Annoying!

Why can't things be easy.. :lol: (maybe it is easy for some, but for me it was just annoyingly stupid!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Cheers guys, but unfortunately when it reached the end, the command prompt said:

"The volume is too big for FAT32."

:fuhrer:

Waited like 6 hours for it to "format" as well!

Will now try the thing you told me about chernij. Hope it works.

In terms of the PS3 situation, I sent off the letter to Sony on Saturday, so I'm just waiting for a response now. I said in the letter to reply within 7 days, but who knows if/when I'll get a reply.. :dontknow:
    That happened to me when I tried it too... sorry but I don't know why I didn't say it then! Maybe because I thought it had worked because it was already at 94%?
    The thing that I posted before should work. I mean, it worked for me, so it should work for you too!

ReputationRep:
    Will be good if they reply within that time. It must suck without a ps3 atm

That FAT32 partition thing was an absolute knightmare when i did it a few months back, didn't even work properly on Vista, and had to use a computer with XP. Annoying!

Why can't things be easy.. :lol: (maybe it is easy for some, but for me it was just annoyingly stupid!!)
    It does suck. Back to uni soon, so I won't have as much time to play as I would have had over the summer.

Not a lot has gone right for me in the past week or so! :sigh:

That happened to me when I tried it too... sorry but I don't know why I didn't say it then! Maybe because I thought it had worked because it was already at 94%?
    The thing that I posted before should work. I mean, it worked for me, so it should work for you too!
    Nah don't worry about it buddy. Thanks a lot for the link though - seems to be working so far! :thumbsup:

Seems to be doing it quite quickly. I didn't tick "quick format" either, yet the progress bar is already about an eighth full!

What does quick format/create a DOS startup disk do out of curiosity?

ReputationRep:
    It does suck. Back to uni soon, so I won't have as much time to play as I would have had over the summer.

Not a lot has gone right for me in the past week or so! :sigh:
    It could be alot worse: You could have had your face stamped on by Adebayor's mahoosive football boots.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    It could be alot worse: You could have had your face stamped on by Adebayor's mahoosive football boots.

:p:
    :gah:

Yeah, it's not been a great few days for Robin van Persie either!

As long as Ade's punished for it, I'll manage to get over it. He's going to be berated like anything when he comes back to The Emirates though.

The formatting progress bar is now about 3/5ths full! :yikes:

ReputationRep:
    It worked! :party:

Can't believe how quick it was. :gasp:

Thank you very much, rep will be on its way whenever I can give it to you again! :yep:

I'll put a link to the program on the OP so others can make use of it.

Thanks again! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Nah don't worry about it buddy. Thanks a lot for the link though - seems to be working so far!

Seems to be doing it quite quickly. I didn't tick "quick format" either, yet the progress bar is already about an eighth full!

What does quick format/create a DOS startup disk do out of curiosity?
    It is indeed very quick :top:
    I have to say, I have no idea! I just chose the FAT32 option and off it went! :cool:
    It worked!

Can't believe how quick it was.

Thank you very much, rep will be on its way whenever I can give it to you again!

I'll put a link to the program on the OP so others can make use of it.

Thanks again!
    Glad it worked so fast!
    Ok cool :cool:
    Anytime! :five:

ReputationRep:
    i can't wait to finish fallout 3 because everytime i go on it IT FECKING FREEZES WHEN I HAVENT SAVED FOR AGES.

ffs, i wish i had just bought another xbox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    i can't wait to finish fallout 3 because everytime i go on it IT FECKING FREEZES WHEN I HAVENT SAVED FOR AGES.

ffs, i wish i had just bought another xbox.
    Simple solution to this problem: save regularly.

ReputationRep:
    http://n4g.com/ps3/News-394102.aspx

uncharted 2 gets 21/20 in one magazine...

uncharted 2 just killed metacritic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    http://n4g.com/ps3/News-394102.aspx

uncharted 2 gets 21/20 in one magazine...

uncharted 2 just killed metacritic
    :rofl:

That's a very very early review isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

That's a very very early review isn't it?
    Well given that the game is out in 1 month, it's pretty much done at that point. I do agree it's quite early, but remember Resident Evil 5 got an exclusive review almost 3 months before it was out from official Playstation magazine.

in any case, the game is going to be immense, it's a bit like Halo ODST, Gran Theft Auto 5, Modern Warfare 2, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3. We all know these games are going to score perfect 10's from several publications, whether they deserve it or not, simply because of the pedigree and high production values these games have.

ReputationRep:
    21/20..?

Well, it must be good then! :lol:

So many decent games coming out in the next few months. I think a few people will be very skint this October & November!

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was taking my ps3 to uni :sad: ill have to wait till xmas for uncharted 2. At leat it should be cheap :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    Well given that the game is out in 1 month, it's pretty much done at that point. I do agree it's quite early, but remember Resident Evil 5 got an exclusive review almost 3 months before it was out from official Playstation magazine.

in any case, the game is going to be immense, it's a bit like Halo ODST, Gran Theft Auto 5, Modern Warfare 2, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3. We all know these games are going to score perfect 10's from several publications, whether they deserve it or not, simply because of the pedigree and high production values these games have.
    :yep: It went gold at the end of last week - clicky. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Firmware 3.01 is up.

http://kotaku.com/5359431/playstatio...re-301-is-live

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Muon)
    I wish I was taking my ps3 to uni :sad: ill have to wait till xmas for uncharted 2. At leat it should be cheap :sadnod:
    Second hand maybe, but it will still be stupid money, brand new, at christmas ala Call of Duty.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.