The Playstation 3 Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara.)
    Fat princess demo is so :coma:
    Proper going to buy it soon :yy:
    I cant find the demo

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't see this posted anywhere else yet, so thought you guys might like to know that European applications are now being taken for the MAG beta. 16,000 places on a first come, first served basis, apparently.

Here's the story: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/...-the-mag-beta/

And here's the link to sign up: https://secure.eu.playstation.com/ps...-the-MAG-beta/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I couldn't see this posted anywhere else yet, so thought you guys might like to know that European applications are now being taken for the MAG beta. 16,000 places on a first come, first served basis, apparently.

Here's the story: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/...-the-mag-beta/

And here's the link to sign up: https://secure.eu.playstation.com/ps...-the-MAG-beta/
    Nice one! I'd love to have a go of MAG early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Simple solution to this problem: save regularly.
    but it's got autosave on it, which is fine when you are going through buildings and stuff, cuz it saves everytime you go through a door. it's just when your out in the wastes.

done for now anyway. going to revisit bioshock next. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    I cant find the demo
    Click on the search button at the top of the PSN store.

Bloody store is useless! :o:

ReputationRep:
    I have many problems with fat princess. The classes don't complement each other. The fact that you get more points to just bring a piece of cake to the princess than when you are killing someone/capturing an outpost speaks loads about how amateurish the game design is. It's extremely difficult to target a specific person with the priest. The ice priest is kind of overpowered. I have found that 3 ice priests + 2 warriors can pretty much own a bridge whatever the opposition. I cannot talk for the other maps, but the map in the demo is just ridiculous, only 2 points of access, each in plain view of the other... What the hell?

Finally 32 people is TOO much, there is no way you can have teamwork between 32 people. 4-6 people in each team is ideal for teamwork imo. More than that, it just devolves into utter chaos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    I have many problems with fat princess. The classes don't complement each other. The fact that you get more points to just bring a piece of cake to the princess than when you are killing someone/capturing an outpost speaks loads about how amateurish the game design is. It's extremely difficult to target a specific person with the priest. The ice priest is kind of overpowered. I have found that 3 ice priests + 2 warriors can pretty much own a bridge whatever the opposition. I cannot talk for the other maps, but the map in the demo is just ridiculous, only 2 points of access, each in plain view of the other... What the hell?

Finally 32 people is TOO much, there is no way you can have teamwork between 32 people. 4-6 people in each team is ideal for teamwork imo. More than that, it just devolves into utter chaos.
    Out of curiosity which map is it on the demo?

ReputationRep:
    Black forest.

ReputationRep:
    yeah - that is one of the small maps there are much bigger ones :yep:

ReputationRep:
    anyone else seen that star ocean is cominfg to ps3 in feb finally

ReputationRep:
    http://www.n4g.com/News-395119.aspx

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)

:sigh: i much prefer FIFA's.

ReputationRep:

Yay! :woo:

Oh wait I can't play it....

ReputationRep:
    I prefer FIFA as well. I've got a feeling (Black Eyed Peas style) that FIFA will absolutely rag the **** out of PES this year.. Again.

Im sorry Geoff, i totally forgot how much you like PES :p:

You need to hurry up and get your ps3 sorted!

They were giving away free Beta codes for Uncharted 2 today on IGN (and yesterday).. But they ran out, naturally.

MAG beta comp has "Closed Early". Crazy :ninja:

(yes i am bored enough to actually know this... :o: )

ReputationRep:
    I prefer FIFA as well. I've got a feeling (Black Eyed Peas style) that FIFA will absolutely rag the **** out of PES this year.. Again.

Im sorry Geoff, i totally forgot how much you like PES :p:

You need to hurry up and get your ps3 sorted!

They were giving away free Beta codes for Uncharted 2 today on IGN (and yesterday).. But they ran out, naturally.

MAG beta comp has "Closed Early". Crazy :ninja:

(yes i am bored enough to actually know this... :o: )
    Lol that's alright!

I'm still waiting for Sony to reply to my letter!

ReputationRep:
    Bloody useless bunch of fools.

You might get a reply in 10 years time, when the PS10 is out. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I went to HMV to trade in my games, got 50 pounds!! among the highlights:

13 pounds for pro evo 2009
    10 pounds for killzone 2
    8 pounds for bioshock

Not bad, considering I put them on ebay and didn't get ONE BID.

I also played NFS: Shift, quite glad I didn't cave in to the glowing reviews because I don't like it at all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking I might just not bring my ps3 with me to halls, at least not for the first term. I've got some mixed feelings going on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    I'm thinking I might just not bring my ps3 with me to halls, at least not for the first term. I've got some mixed feelings going on
    Ditto :sadnod: No doubt whichever decision i make i'll regret lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    Ditto :sadnod: No doubt whichever decision i make i'll regret lol.
    Probably for the best tbh, the less distractions the better and it'll mean I don't fork out for an lcd.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.