Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    PES 2010... what a let-down :no:
    Yeap, couldn't agree more.

I could only play the 1st half, and had to stop! Just terrible!

The store updated ages ago dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Yeap, couldn't agree more.

I could only play the 1st half, and had to stop! Just terrible!

The store updated ages ago dude.
    Yeah played earlier with my bro, what was hilarious was I got a penalty - great, time to equalise! - but the camera view was side on :woo: I had no idea where I was aiming and i didn't know there was a power bar, so I ended up hitting it into Row Z :rofl:

But, it did have decent graphics, I'll give it that, but I'll end up screaming if I hear another volley of "Barca, Barca, Barca" in the same tone over and and over and over and over again

ReputationRep:
    Hey did anyone watch Watchdog? Ahh I suggest you do on iPlayer....it's got the YLOD problem on there but unfortunately they don't really have a fix either without paying

But they do show how most of them are fixed....so easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Hey did anyone watch Watchdog? Ahh I suggest you do on iPlayer....it's got the YLOD problem on there but unfortunately they don't really have a fix either without paying

But they do show how most of them are fixed....so easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :mad:
    Read my earlier post about it. Even though it's easy to fix, it doesn't seem worth it.

Slick graphics from the PES2010 demo.

It seems harder to keep control of the ball though, the opposition kept nicking it off me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 73337)
    Slick graphics from the PES2010 demo.

It seems harder to keep control of the ball though, the opposition kept nicking it off me.
    :yep:

A lot harder to change direction when dribbling, which makes it more realistic I guess. In PES 2009, all you had to do was keep running in diagonals and you would scythe your way through the opposition defence.

ReputationRep:
    Urm, when you guys go on the new ratchet and clank trailer on the store is the description in spanish/catalan?

Pro is urm, better but still rubbish. Graphics are better, yet players still don't make runs and look weird when they walk around. I really don't like the new menu system either but my mate says he loves it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    Urm, when you guys go on the new ratchet and clank trailer on the store is the description in spanish/catalan?

Pro is urm, better but still rubbish. Graphics are better, yet players still don't make runs and look weird when they walk around. I really don't like the new menu system either but my mate says he loves it.
    You're going to have to make them run, can just pass and expect the player to carry on running by them selves lol. Hold L1 (I think) when you pass for however many passes you want to do, then the players that were involved in the passes will make a run into space, then you can just lob a through ball over then whip it in and score a diving header works so nicely.

Am enjoying this pro just got off it now hopefully if they iron out couple minor problems (ala tackling) then it'll be the footy game for me this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Read my earlier post about it. Even though it's easy to fix, it doesn't seem worth it.
    The only reason I'm getting mine fixed is so it can work for long enough so I can trade it in :rolleyes:

Really bad I know but it seems better than spending £250 on buying a Slim when I can get my old PS3 fixed and trade it in and it works out at £140 :o:

The ******** that Sony come out with tho....***** sake man I was so annoyed...
    Then again to be fair M$ aren't much better...

You can fix it yourself, you just need to buy a heat gun and a couple of other little things:

Thing is, you have to dismantle the console to its bare bones, and knowing me, I won't know how to put everything back.
    My dad is proper handy when it comes to electrics...and putting stuff back together again! He's one of those people who has never called out an electrician before :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    PES 2010... what a let-down :no:
    Konami bigged up PES 10 quite a bit and if it's as bad as you say it is then they've failed...once again...
    They're gonna lose credibility at this rate!

P.S Loving your sig! Tho I'd be pretty **** at University Challenge....I'd look proper stupid on there! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    The only reason I'm getting mine fixed is so it can work for long enough so I can trade it in :rolleyes:

Really bad I know but it seems better than spending £250 on buying a Slim when I can get my old PS3 fixed and trade it in and it works out at £140 :o:

The ******** that Sony come out with tho....***** sake man I was so annoyed...
    Then again to be fair M$ aren't much better...

My dad is proper handy when it comes to electrics...and putting stuff back together again! He's one of those people who has never called out an electrician before :awesome:

As I said, I'll do it as a last resort, and only so that I can backup my data. Then I'll have to fork out £230 for a new console. :sigh:

ReputationRep:

As I said, I'll do it as a last resort, and only so that I can backup my data. Then I'll have to fork out £230 for a new console. :sigh:
    Yeah I know...I don't really need my save game tho, well I do but not really that important cos most of the trophies are already synced :yep:

I just hate having to spend all this money just before Freshers Week...it's not fair! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    More information here:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/17/so...ailure-report/

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...failure-report

ReputationRep:
    Yeah played earlier with my bro, what was hilarious was I got a penalty - great, time to equalise! - but the camera view was side on :woo: I had no idea where I was aiming and i didn't know there was a power bar, so I ended up hitting it into Row Z :rofl:

But, it did have decent graphics, I'll give it that, but I'll end up screaming if I hear another volley of "Barca, Barca, Barca" in the same tone over and and over and over and over again
    Graphics are possibly the only good thing about it.

Dirk Kuyt actually looks like Dirk Kuyt this year!

Oh, i know what you mean with that "Barca, Barca, Barca" thing, it does the same with Liverpool. :lol:

Penalties cam is from the side? :lolwut: Weird.

ReputationRep:
    What Watchdog did last night was the biggest waste of time ever.

Sony Pwned them, blates.

And taking the PS3's apart, and getting a couple of neeks to fix it, is the last thing you should do, especially on a show like Watchdog. Losers.

Made me laugh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Graphics are possibly the only good thing about it.

Dirk Kuyt actually looks like Dirk Kuyt this year!

Oh, i know what you mean with that "Barca, Barca, Barca" thing, it does the same with Liverpool. :lol:

Penalties cam is from the side? :lolwut: Weird.
    Yeah I was surprised how much the graphics had improved, but the chanting is still so annoying! The "United, United, United" chant in last years game was the worst. :banghead:

No idea how penalties are going to work now that it's a side-on view. :dontknow: It seems you can move the starting position of your keeper before the penalty is taken, but surely it would have been a lot easier to implement if it was still the standard head-on view.

Interesting viewing:

Even magazines are going to get video ads! L4D2 banned in Australia as well! :shock:

ReputationRep:
    Was very painful to play, i must admit, despite the improved graphics.

Will be an epic fail if the camera for penalties stays like that. Unless you can change it in options..

Might be worth a rent for me. No way i am buying it this year.

ReputationRep:
    OMG I can't believe Quantum of Solice doesn't have offline multiplayer

Didn't they realise thats what made Bond on the N64 it could hardly have been difficult to do...

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14...=61abmcl3e4g3o

Uncharted 2 video review, I'm sure you guys want to see that. My internet is still buffering it though... grrr. dunno the score yet, who cares, new footage of Uncharted 2 at the very worst :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14...=61abmcl3e4g3o

Uncharted 2 video review, I'm sure you guys want to see that. My internet is still buffering it though... grrr. dunno the score yet, who cares, new footage of Uncharted 2 at the very worst :P

9.5 dude from ign it looks so ******* unreal the next 28 days are goign to be longg!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.