Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Been waiting for 5 o clock to come for ages as the times say 17:00 GMT. Apparantly the servers aren't online till 6! :mad:

Bad times, especially as i'm going to the match tonight (Sunderland Vs Birmingham if anyones interested).

I haven't got a clue which faction i'm going to pick either. Anybody know if there's a major difference in the weapons?

ReputationRep:
    That's why I'm downloading it now
    But yeah I have no idea either :afraid:
    Guess we will be finding out :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    Been waiting for 5 o clock to come for ages as the times say 17:00 GMT. Apparantly the servers aren't online till 6! :mad:

Bad times, especially as i'm going to the match tonight (Sunderland Vs Birmingham if anyones interested).

I haven't got a clue which faction i'm going to pick either. Anybody know if there's a major difference in the weapons?
    Well, I've managed to get it all downloaded at last. Trying to join a game - but it looks like there aren't enough people playing to fill up a map right now!

I picked Raven btw - no particular reason, I just had to choose one! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished Half-Life 2 on the PC. Started playing February 2008 and got bored of how repetitive it was.

It was a revolutionary game with its gameplay mechanics and all, but wasn't too keen on the repetitiveness. It was annoying that Gordon Freeman didn't have a word to say the whole game, and the weapons were nothing to write home about, bar the gravity gun. Didn't like that most guns didn't have a zoom function, and there wasn't a melee button.

Anyway, just Episode 1 and 2 to finish, then I've finished The Orange Box! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Half life 2 is so overrated, the only bit I liked was Ravenholme (?) where you can kill zombie dudes. Loved half life 1 though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    Half life 2 is so overrated, the only bit I liked was Ravenholme (?) where you can kill zombie dudes. Loved half life 1 though...
    That was the worst part of the game! Wave upon wave of the same creatures for like 2 hours or however long that level was! :huff:

ReputationRep:
    I picked Valor. Had one game before I went out to the match, was canny good. I think it's a bit weird how you have to use triangle to go prone/crouch though but I haven't really got used to the controls yet.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like im the only ***** ass who didn't get a code for the Beta :lol:

Please tell me it was rubbish... And im not missing anything.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've never been invited to a beta either..

ReputationRep:
    Sod Sony & their selecting methods. :hmmm:

I am outraged, i am going to sell my PS3 & get a 360. :mad:

I did get selected for the COD 4 beta when it first came out. < Best Beta EVAAAR.. (for sure).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I've never been invited to a beta either..
    :hugs:
    Me neither...

Oh wait I got in the LBP beta but that was through eurogamer...oh wait I got the Motorstorm beta...oh and the Home beta...and the Resistance 2 beta...ok so maybe I got invited to a couple of betas then

I've got 4 accounts (maybe 5 I think?) on the PS3 but still get very few betas, most of them I just have to go and actively seek out...

ReputationRep:
    Freakin' show off.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Sod Sony & their selecting methods. :hmmm:

I am outraged, i am going to sell my PS3 & get a 360. :mad:

I did get selected for the COD 4 beta when it first came out. < Best Beta EVAAAR.. (for sure).
    I tell you this now right. Someone on my buddy list got picked to do betas for Sony on a regular basis, the guy was a ******* moron...he tried to stitch me up by sending people messages posing as me to get me kicked from my clan!
    He set up a Japanese account and changed his on-screen ID to mine and sent out racist messages...I phone up Sony and they did **** all about it...
    So I hear a couple of months ago he lost his beta status because he was being rude on the EU PS Forums :rolleyes:

It just does my head in...another one of my mates got picked to do beta testing and he signs in once every fortnight...
    I would have thought the 'smart' thing to do was to pick the more active players but obviously me and Sony don't agree!

/rant

Btw the first guy honestly believed that the UK wasn't part of Europe 'cos it's not connected to it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I tell you this now right. Someone on my buddy list got picked to do betas for Sony on a regular basis, the guy was a ******* moron...he tried to stitch me up by sending people messages posing as me to get me kicked from my clan!
    He set up a Japanese account and changed his on-screen ID to mine and sent out racist messages...I phone up Sony and they did **** all about it...
    So I hear a couple of months ago he lost his beta status because he was being rude on the EU PS Forums :rolleyes:

It just does my head in...another one of my mates got picked to do beta testing and he signs in once every fortnight...
    I would have thought the 'smart' thing to do was to pick the more active players but obviously me and Sony don't agree!

/rant

Btw the first guy honestly believed that the UK wasn't part of Europe 'cos it's not connected to it...
    That is a pretty ****ish thing to do. No infact, it is very very sad.

Such a shame he lost his status! :lol: Means maybe some of us could get into Betas, at that prunts expense

Their selection policy does seem a little iffy at times. Would make more sense to do that wouldn't it? But i suppose common sense is a thing of the past where Sony are concerned?! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    That is a pretty ****ish thing to do. No infact, it is very very sad.
    He was so stupid tho, all I did was I went on profile and for Japanese accounts and indeed all other accounts it shows both the on-screen name and the proper name so it was there, he was so dumb that his Japanese account was the same as his UK account except it had 'Japan' before his name. :rolleyes:

Such a shame he lost his status! :lol: Means maybe some of us could get into Betas, at that prunts expense

Their selection policy does seem a little iffy at times. Would make more sense to do that wouldn't it? But i suppose common sense is a thing of the past where Sony are concerned?! :yep:
    Common sense and Sony are like chalk and cheese...I'd like to be a tester am I'm guessing a lot of epople would!

I'd break all the games and be like

(edited so I don't get warned) :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    :hugs:
    Me neither...

Oh wait I got in the LBP beta but that was through eurogamer...oh wait I got the Motorstorm beta...oh and the Home beta...and the Resistance 2 beta...ok so maybe I got invited to a couple of betas then

I've got 4 accounts (maybe 5 I think?) on the PS3 but still get very few betas, most of them I just have to go and actively seek out...
    :huff:

I'll get one eventually! :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    I have talked to a couple of testers, and believe me, their job is not as rosy as you think. Think playing the worst game you ever played in your life. a hundred times. trying to find bugs in the game. That's what they get paid to do most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    :huff:

I'll get one eventually! :fuhrer:
    :toofunny:

I used to get loads of beta keys for random games and give them away on the PS forums...I think maybe next time I might just come here and give em away, rather than giving them to ungrateful Americans! :yep:
    I had like 4 Resistance 2 beta keys somehow :p:

(Original post by darkos87)
    I have talked to a couple of testers, and believe me, their job is not as rosy as you think. Think playing the worst game you ever played in your life. a hundred times. trying to find bugs in the game. That's what they get paid to do most of the time.
    I know someone like this....Hates his job

I don't think I would mind if I was testing Batman AA though

The Insane Night map pack with it's infinte enemies is BLISS! Gutted that you can't counter when doing a ground takedown....maybe you can after you buy an upgrade, since all upgrades I have so far were carried into DLC

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/85...lia_92209.html

:drool:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.