Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    8 minutes of MW2.

:sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Will you all stop posting amazing pictures of amazing games with amazing videos as I wont have my ps3 for much longer :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Muon)
    Will you all stop posting amazing pictures of amazing games with amazing videos as I wont have my ps3 for much longer :sad:
    :teehee:

Sorry! At least you've got a working PS3! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah btw guys if you fancy buying PlayTv Currys, Dixons and PC world are selling it for £39.99. :woo:

I'd hurry tho because they've already run out of home deliveries so just hope its stocked near you

ReputationRep:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/25/tg...ught-on-video/

Video of motion controller + Dual Shock 3 + RE5.

Looks extremely awkward to me, having to hold the wand in one hand and the DS 3 in the other. It looks gimmicky, just like the Wiimote. What's the point in having the wand when you have to hold a DS 3 anyway? You might as well play the game normally by holding one DS 3 controller!

They have to make the games so that it requires two wands. Yes it means you have to buy 2 wands and not 1 if you want to use the motion sensing, but using just 1 wand makes the whole thing pointless when you have to hold a DS 3 in your other hand.

:no:

ReputationRep:
    motion controller will work well only for games like sword games, bow games etc. They just showed how you could implement motion controller onto an existing game, without it affecting the gameplay. In some cases it might even make it more accurate, pointing directly at the head rather than moving the joystick back and forth.

I might get the motion controller if it's very cheap... just to mess around with it... but otherwise meh.

I prefer my dual shock 3 by miles, I like to lie lazily on the couch and play.

ReputationRep:

This looks amazingly fun! :excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)

This looks amazingly fun! :excited:
    :yep:

The first one was an absolute laugh-fest, and now with it on the PS3, that is perfection.

Looks like the old skool Gladiators on ITV/..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    :yep:

The first one was an absolute laugh-fest, and now with it on the PS3, that is perfection.

Looks like the old skool Gladiators on ITV/..
    I can't say I like your favourite chant in your sig! :huff: :p:

Never managed to play the first Dead Rising on the 360. Will be getting this one though.

Way too many games coming out in the next couple of months or so:

MW2
    AC2
    PES2010
    FIFA2010
    Tekken 6
    Uncharted 2

:woo:

ReputationRep:

Never managed to play the first Dead Rising on the 360. Will be getting this one though.

MW2
    AC2
    PES2010
    FIFA2010
    Tekken 6
    Uncharted 2

:rofl:

If it makes you feel better, i heard it at a Man City - Portsmouth game, aimed at that mug Adebayor - Cheating twunt!

The first one was wicked, just completely random!

It's going to be a very very skint few months, clearly. :yep:

ReputationRep:

MW2
    AC2
    PES2010
    FIFA2010
    Tekken 6
    Uncharted 2

Leaked copy of FIFA 10 for PC just came out; whip the PS3 controller out and get your football on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Leaked copy of FIFA 10 for PC just came out; whip the PS3 controller out and get your football on.
    It's all over the torrent sites...they always manage to get the games really early somehow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Nah I downloaded the official FIFA 2010 demo for PC, and it didn't work after I installed it. I got the usual problem of my monitor not supporting the default resolution settings of the game which meant I had no way of changing the resolution to 1360x768.

I played the FIFA demo on my mates 360, and it's actually not too bad. The quick one touch passing makes the game quite easy imo, as in PES the ball bobbles a lot when you do one touch passing and it's not very accurate sometimes.

I may have to buy both PES and FIFA this year... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Some of you might recall that I've got free rentals for a month, with 2.5 weeks remaining. I'll hopefully get Fifa when it comes out, but theres a week before then. Do I continue with Dirt2 single and multiplayer or is there a PS3 exclusive that I should play for a week before Fifa?

ReputationRep:
    Buy Fifa 10 & just rent PES 10 :p: @ Geoff

As PES online is bound to fail again this year.

That's what i'm doing, as i can't bring myself to pay for PES this year.. No way José.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Some of you might recall that I've got free rentals for a month, with 2.5 weeks remaining. I'll hopefully get Fifa when it comes out, but theres a week before then. Do I continue with Dirt2 single and multiplayer or is there a PS3 exclusive that I should play for a week before Fifa?
    I recommend infamous, Killzone 2 or Resistance 2.

Should keep you busy until Fifa is out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    I can't remember which exclusives you've played already, but in a week, you can complete one of:

Uncharted
    LBP
    Killzone 2
    InFamous
    Motorstorm Pacific Rift
    Resistance 2

Didn't really like the Dirt 2 demo myself.

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only person looking forward to buying Dragonball: Raging Blast

ReputationRep:
    This looks like a much better implementation of the Wand. (LBP)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bk123345)
    Am i the only person looking forward to buying Dragonball: Raging Blast
    Unfortunately, yes.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.