Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think it's my game of the month mainly because I've had nothing good to play in the last 2 months in terms of new game. Last great game I played was infamous... The past few months have been trophy whoring motorstorm, wipeout, playing some warhawk and COD 4.

But tomorrow I'm getting batman arkham asylum, then in 2 weeks, uncharted 2... should keep me going for a month at least until Modern Warfare 2 comes out.

And I fell in love with the prestige system of modern warfare so I'm going to be a massive sucker for mw2 when it comes out, it's going to be the game I play the most online anyway...

Anyhow both Uncharted 2 and MW 2 are going to be immense!!! two must buys for sure...

Then there's Ratchet, brutal legend, NG2Sigma, and Ass.Creed 2

and eyepet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    I think it's my game of the month mainly because I've had nothing good to play in the last 2 months in terms of new game. Last great game I played was infamous... The past few months have been trophy whoring motorstorm, wipeout, playing some warhawk and COD 4.

But tomorrow I'm getting batman arkham asylum, then in 2 weeks, uncharted 2... should keep me going for a month at least until Modern Warfare 2 comes out.

And I fell in love with the prestige system of modern warfare so I'm going to be a massive sucker for mw2 when it comes out, it's going to be the game I play the most online anyway...

Anyhow both Uncharted 2 and MW 2 are going to be immense!!! two must buys for sure...

Then there's Ratchet, brutal legend, NG2Sigma, and Ass.Creed 2

and eyepet
    Have fun with Batman when you get it - I bought it a couple of days ago, and it's another fantastic game!

ReputationRep:
    Really don't see the fuss about Brutal Legend. Looks incredibly cheesy.

Ditto Bayonetta... :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Really don't see the fuss about Brutal Legend. Looks incredibly cheesy.

Ditto Bayonetta... :facepalm:
    It's made by the guy that made Psychonauts, one of the best, most funny games of all time - so it's going to be awesome without a doubt! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JjrShah)
    It's made by the guy that made Psychonauts, one of the best, most funny games of all time - so it's going to be awesome without a doubt! :yep:
    Fair enough. I'll keep an eye on it. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise until i walked past it today, that EA have a dev centre which includes Criterion Games (Makers of the burnout series) just a 5 min walk from my halls.

Media Molecule is round the corner also :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Uncharted 2 Beta :adore:

Fifa 10 firday :adore:

I am soooo buying Uncharted 2! Perfecto.

ReputationRep:
    So what's the Uncharted 2 Beta like? Fun for a non-FPS online game?

ReputationRep:
    Omg Its awesome!! It's pretty much like Gears of War.....

I've preordered it from Game cos they give you the special edition for the same price

It's got a good lobby system too! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing! :gah: It's not as frantic as FPS online games but the little noise it makes when you get a kill is awesome

ReputationRep:
    Just ordered Fifa 10, not sure when it will arrive though. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Rumours (hotukdeals) that fifa 10 will be released for £25 in asda and £28.99 in tesco
    I'd have to see it to believe it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbïns31770)
    Rumours (hotukdeals) that fifa 10 will be released for £25 in asda and £28.99 in tesco
    I'd have to see it to believe it.
    thats me riped off then. I paid £40 for it. or actually £45 if you include P+P, :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    The £25 was unconfirmed but it's definitely going to be £26.71 at Asda from midnight, will have to see if any other supermarkets do it cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kflynn)
    thats me riped off then. I paid £40 for it. or actually £45 if you include P+P, :sigh:
    At least you can sit at home and the game will arrive to you

For future reference use ShopTo
    Generally cheapest and free 24 hour delivery :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbïns31770)
    At least you can sit at home and the game will arrive to you

For future reference use ShopTo
    Generally cheapest and free 24 hour delivery :eek:
    cheers :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't order jack at the moment. Those damn Postman go on strike every freakin' day! (it seems)
    Will do something the human race has not done in a while; walk into the shop and buy it off the shelf.

Fifa 10:

ASDA down here will have it at £26.71, confirmed.

TESCO will have it for £28.99 (after 7.30am).

Morrisons - Maybe cheap as well.. But who cares about them.

:creep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    I wouldn't order jack at the moment. Those damn Postman go on strike every freakin' day! (it seems)
    Will do something the human race has not done in a while; walk into the shop and buy it off the shelf.

Fifa 10:

ASDA down here will have it at £26.71, confirmed.

TESCO will have it for £28.99 (after 7.30am).

Morrisons - Maybe cheap as well.. But who cares about them.

:creep:

Its too late for that :sad:, but on the Game website it does say in bold red writing "your delivery will be unaffected by postal strikes" :unsure: though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kflynn)
    Its too late for that :sad:, but on the Game website it does say in bold red writing "your delivery will be unaffected by postal strikes" :unsure: though.
    That's good news. Means GAME are finally using UPS, DHL or something similar to ship games out, instead of the useless Post Office.

:yep:

Fifa 10 will be £25 in Tesco starting Saturday (apparently..) - For those who don't mind waiting & saving over a tenner.

EDIT: Not £25 in tesco, but £28.99, starting tomorrow, and ending sunday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    That's good news. Means GAME are finally using UPS, DHL or something similar to ship games out, instead of the useless Post Office.

:yep:

Fifa 10 will be £25 in Tesco starting Saturday (apparently..) - For those who don't mind waiting & saving over a tenner.

EDIT: Not £25 in tesco, but £28.99, starting tomorrow, and ending sunday.
    £24.97 in Tesco starting saturday, going to be advertised in the Daily Mail tomorrow. Am just hoping they do the same for Pro, either way very tempted to pick it up as i got a Tesco literally a minute from my house and its open 24 hours. just gotta find out if they'll start selling it after midnight or not.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.