Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just ordered me a screen at long last- http://www.lge.com/uk/it-products/mo...tor-W2486L.jsp

Should be here by Saturday! Just have to sort out some speakers and maybe buy some connections for my laptop, or y'know, buy a new macbook and trick that out with SSD etc... we'll see how my savings feel about it.

ReputationRep:
    My PS3 isn't downloading the Resistance 2 update for some reason, it's stuck at 0%. I rented it on Sunday but haven't had chance to play it until tonight, when I was going to play it for a few hours

(Original post by .Andrew.)
    Uncharted 2 Beta :adore:

Fifa 10 firday :adore:

I am soooo buying Uncharted 2! Perfecto.
    :ditto:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewait)
    £24.97 in Tesco starting saturday, going to be advertised in the Daily Mail tomorrow. Am just hoping they do the same for Pro, either way very tempted to pick it up as i got a Tesco literally a minute from my house and its open 24 hours. just gotta find out if they'll start selling it after midnight or not.
    They did the same last year with both, iirc. PES was a little bit cheaper then Fifa, for a bit.

I can't be arsed to go to one of those stores at midnight, i think i'll just wait until tomorrow! Always makes me feel like a prick when i am the only fool in the whole store at 2am... :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    :ditto:

:p:
    Good enough! :p:

Both will be immense!

Well, until MW2 comes out, then they become dust collectors.

ReputationRep:
    They did the same last year with both, iirc. PES was a little bit cheaper then Fifa, for a bit.

I can't be arsed to go to one of those stores at midnight, i think i'll just wait until tomorrow! Always makes me feel like a prick when i am the only fool in the whole store at 2am... :lol:
    ...And just to purchase a video game too! :p:

Sent off another letter to Sony btw. Addressed it to the CEO, so hopefully a person slightly higher up the chain of command will read it. Tried to make the letter a bit more sympathetic towards myself this time. See if they crack.

If that fails, then I'll go to Amazon, which will be my last chance of a replacement. Failing that, I'll have to buy a brand new console, and also try to fix my broken one with a heat gun and whatnot so I can get it working again. That will enable me to copy my save files onto a flash drive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    ...And just to purchase a video game too! :p:

Sent off another letter to Sony btw. Addressed it to the CEO, so hopefully a person slightly higher up the chain of command will read it. Tried to make the letter a bit more sympathetic towards myself this time. See if they crack.

If that fails, then I'll go to Amazon, which will be my last chance of a replacement. Failing that, I'll have to buy a brand new console, and also try to fix my broken one with a heat gun and whatnot so I can get it working again. That will enable me to copy my save files onto a flash drive.
    :lol: yeah, even though i am a gamer, going to a supermarket at 2am is a tad sad (no offence to those doing it, but it just isn't me...).

Ahh, that's good. I really hope they do listen to you this time round, instead of getting some monkey to do the organ grinder's job & fob you off with the same old poo poo platter.

Might be an idea to take a butcher's at some of those places that offer "PS3 repairs". Get it fixed, flog it on Gumtree or Ebay, and go buy a newer one with the cash (+what you need to put towards it). Personally i wouldn't risk fixing it yourself, unless you know alot about electronics etc...

I am now having the same problem with Sharp & my Aquos tv. 8 months old, and has majorly dead pixels, and the fools won't give me a proper answer to them fixing it for free, just some minion keeps ringing me telling me the same old dog poo.

I bid you good luck (again) sir! And hope to see you logging on again very soon. Hopefully before Uncharted 2 comes out :p:

ReputationRep:
    :lol: yeah, even though i am a gamer, going to a supermarket at 2am is a tad sad (no offence to those doing it, but it just isn't me...).

Ahh, that's good. I really hope they do listen to you this time round, instead of getting some monkey to do the organ grinder's job & fob you off with the same old poo poo platter.

Might be an idea to take a butcher's at some of those places that offer "PS3 repairs". Get it fixed, flog it on Gumtree or Ebay, and go buy a newer one with the cash (+what you need to put towards it). Personally i wouldn't risk fixing it yourself, unless you know alot about electronics etc...

I am now having the same problem with Sharp & my Aquos tv. 8 months old, and has majorly dead pixels, and the fools won't give me a proper answer to them fixing it for free, just some minion keeps ringing me telling me the same old dog poo.

I bid you good luck (again) sir! And hope to see you logging on again very soon. Hopefully before Uncharted 2 comes out :p:
    Thanks buddy! :top2:

Good luck to you too in resolving the problem you're having with your TV.

I highly doubt my issue will be sorted in time for Uncharted 2 unfortunately. It would be a miracle if Sony budge, and then complaining to Amazon.co.uk will be a long-drawn-out process too.

Don't see the point in paying £80 for the repair. I should be capable of carrying out the repair myself, using the YouTube video, and the heat gun should only cost about £20. The only thing I'm worried about is forgetting how to put the console back together.

But by that time, I would have nothing to lose anyway, since even after carrying out the repairs, there's no guarantee it will work again when I switch it on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Fair enough. I'll keep an eye on it. :holmes:
    I've recently played the demo, and I have to say that I'm not that impressed. Yes, it seems good enough and has some nice writing, but otherwise it just doesn't strike me as anything particularly special. I'll withhold final judgement until the game's actually out and I see a few reviews though.

ReputationRep:

Decided against picking it up, may trade some of my old games for it tho.

For anyone that can't be asked to treck to their Tesco's or anything then they'll also got the deal online. Highly doubt they'll have any left by the time you see this, but just in case here it is http://www.tescoentertainment.com/ga...-at-tesco.list

ReputationRep:
    Heeeey! i just recently got a PS3. But my friends list is a bit empty
    If you like, you can add me. 'montemoney'. I only have MGS4, LBP, and Resistance 2.
    I thought the ps3 society was the place to do this~
    Also i dont have a mic yet

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, posting from phone cos I'm waiting for my flat to get internet.

Went to GAME on Camden High Street last night and there was a pretty hefty queue by midnight; I was third in line and they staggered the entry so I was in the first batch. They were doing a deal where if you buy FIFA 10 (duh), you can get a DUALSHOCK3 for £30, which slightly softens the blow of Tesco et al doing it so cheaply!

My first impressions of the game (played it till 8 am with a few mates) were that it actually looked and played better than the demo (perhaps the former is down to the need to keep the file size down?) and the trophies aren't very skill based, merely accumulative (with a few exceptions, obviously).

Put simply, this game and GH5 shall be switching places in my PS3 till 10th November!

EDIT: This was my first midnight launch and I really enjoyed it. It was good chatting to other gamers. I don't buy games very often so it was a nice experience. Roll on MW2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montemoney)
    Heeeey! i just recently got a PS3. But my friends list is a bit empty
    If you like, you can add me. 'montemoney'. I only have MGS4, LBP, and Resistance 2.
    I thought the ps3 society was the place to do this~
    Also i dont have a mic yet
    Updated. :yy:

Welcome to the thread!

ReputationRep:
    At my local Tesco, there was hardly a rush to get Fifa 10. But maybe that was because it was 1.30pm... Seemed to have plenty of copies (my prediction was they would under-stock, just to be bar-stewards).

aspiringmathematician: How much did you pay in the end? Or did you do that price match thing in GAME?

Any people in the queue having a kick about?

Geoff, it must suck being at the helm of this thread, but not being able to play your beloved PS3

And all this talk of Fifa 10 & PES 10..!

Have you got a reply yet?

ReputationRep:
    At my local Tesco, there was hardly a rush to get Fifa 10. But maybe that was because it was 1.30pm... Seemed to have plenty of copies (my prediction was they would under-stock, just to be bar-stewards).

aspiringmathematician: How much did you pay in the end? Or did you do that price match thing in GAME?

Geoff, it must suck being at the helm of this thread, but not being able to play your beloved PS3

Hah I was just thinking that to myself! :emo:

Not heard a reply yet... :no:

ReputationRep:
    Walk down the Sony HQ, and request to talk to the boss man! Chain yourself to the front doors, and refuse to leave until they replace it for you!

Imagine the press coverage you would get!! Sony would cave in! :evil:

ReputationRep:

I paid £41.50 (for FIFA 10 and 1 DUALSHOCK3) because I had £28.50 store credit with them. Didn't know they price match! Not sure they would've honoured it considering the Tesco deal hadn't been confirmed then.

ReputationRep:
    I have £61.00 on my game card

Shall i just go to tesco and use the game card for MW2 and Uncharted 2?

ReputationRep:
    I got batman arkham asylum yesterday. Finished it today. probably 6-8hours storyline

Great game, I really enjoyed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    I got batman arkham asylum yesterday. Finished it today. probably 6-8hours storyline

Great game, I really enjoyed it.
    I bet you're eking out all the trophies now. :ninja:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.