Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    Sweet, should get that framed.
    Yeah I should do, it is by far the nicest thing Sony has ever said to me...now all I get is an angry woman that argues with me for about 10 minutes while I tell her that she should deactivate my accounts because I've had 4 PS3's so far (which I didn't know you had to deactivate) and I can't download my games again :mad2:

But she says no :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Don't you have to have gotten to Segomo to be able to do that?
    Indeed and that had me worried because I didn't realise that until I borrowed my friend's controller and I only had it until he went into town and bought Fifa 10. I only just made it. I don't normally play planet mode.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Guy sues Sony saying 3.0 bricked his console

http://gamepolitics.com/2009/10/05/f...-man-sues-scea

That's taking things to the extreme! Only in America I guess...

Should be very interesting to see how this turns out.

:beard:

(Original post by geoff_yin)

You can probably sue McDonald's for their Hot Chocolate being too hot :rolleyes:

NFS Shift's platinum trophy is gonna take a loooooong time
    I am not a trophy hoarder ftw :talkhand: I just platinum the games that deserve to be played that much :top:
    Want to see REAL hoarders? Check this out
    http://ps3trophycard.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    You can probably sue McDonald's for their Hot Chocolate being too hot :rolleyes:

I am not a trophy hoarder ftw :talkhand: I just platinum the games that deserve to be played that much :top:
    How do they have enough time to get all those trophies? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    And why does it say 'Top PlayStation 3 Players'...when it should say 'Saddest Playstation 3 Players'....

They must devote all their time to just playing on the PS3....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    And why does it say 'Top PlayStation 3 Players'...when it should say 'Saddest Playstation 3 Players'....

Exactly! :lolwut: Must cost them a lot of money too to be able to buy all those games!!

I reckon they have an extensive network of friends and family to ensure that someone is on the PS3 24/7.....Also make sure that you play games such as Hannah Montana to death, because that is much more fun than Killzone 2 MP :yep:

ReputationRep:

Also stated is the fact that Sony released a 3.01 version of the update a little over two weeks after the release of 3.0 in order to “improve system stability,” but which, according to the complaint, “not only failed to address problems introduces by Firmware 3.0, it caused new problems,” including the malfunctioning of the PS3’s Blu-Ray drive.
    How can software cause hardware failure? :confused:

Though if it really way Sonys fault with this update I'd be disappointed...well not that disappointed really...I've already had 4 PS3's

Exactly

Exactly! :lolwut: Must cost them a lot of money too to be able to buy all those games!!
    Or rent them and play them to death for a week each....Averaged out, this 'saddest' guy gets a platinum every few days :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Locked in a room all day ordering games online and just sitting there completing them....I think I might annoy a couple of them....with a few questions like 'Have you even seen the sun?' :rolleyes:

(Original post by humz2)
    I reckon they have an extensive network of friends and family to ensure that someone is on the PS3 24/7.....Also make sure that you play games such as Hannah Montana to death, because that is much more fun than Killzone 2 MP :yep:
    KZ2 multiplayer is no fun when you can't get in a party with your mates and do proper ranked games...that was a big let down for me

Locked in a room all day ordering games online and just sitting there completing them....I think I might annoy a couple of them....with a few questions like 'Have you even seen the sun?' :rolleyes:

KZ2 multiplayer is no fun when you can't get in a party with your mates and do proper ranked games...that was a big let down for me
    Awwww :console:
    Not bringing you down but I had immense fun with it, playing my music on my PS3 at the same time as getting a 10 kill streak. Sorry about your PS3s :sad:

:console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)

Is NFS Shift really good then? :hmmm2:

Reviews seem positive.

How can software cause hardware failure? :confused:

Though if it really way Sonys fault with this update I'd be disappointed...well not that disappointed really...I've already had 4 PS3's
    Not sure - maybe if the software caused the system to work harder than what it was supposed to, it could cause overheating? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Awwww :console:
    Not bringing you down but I had immense fun with it, playing my music on my PS3 at the same time as getting a 10 kill streak. Sorry about your PS3s :sad:

:console:
    Nah I got the game a day or two before release date before my mates and clan memebers got it and I was like wtf?!?! No party mode???
    Going from games like Rfom and Cod4 to KZ2 with no party mode is impossible...and no fun!

My Ps3 will be back with me soon...fully functional I hope :unsure:

ReputationRep:

Reviews seem positive.
    Really? Gamespot gave it a 7...
    I don't take their reviews as being the end all of reviews but I'm buying the 250gb PS3 with the NFS bundle at Gamestation and my plan was to trade it in there and then but if it's :woo: then I might keep it....

Then again I might just get the Uncharted bundle?

Ah choices choices

Not sure - maybe if the software caused the system to work harder than what it was supposed to, it could cause overheating? :dontknow:
    Hmmm I dunno to be honest....why would Sony do that though?

Reviews seem positive.

Personally, I really really like it. One of the better racing games i've played. Some people like free roam, but I don't really enjoy an infinite amount of lamposts and stupid AI traffic. Some people I know just hate it, others love it. The Marmite of racing games it seems.

Borrow/rent it first. But it is quite cool to be finally driving Bugattis, Pagani Zondas and SLRs :coma:

Really? Gamespot gave it a 7...
    I don't take their reviews as being the end all of reviews but I'm buying the 250gb PS3 with the NFS bundle at Gamestation and my plan was to trade it in there and then but if it's :woo: then I might keep it....

Then again I might just get the Uncharted bundle?

Ah choices choices

That would be much better than an NFS bundle :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    That would be much better than an NFS bundle :yes:
    Hmmm...Gamestation are offering KZ2, R2 and NFShift for £285 and I think their Uncharted 2 bundle is going to be £270...yeah I might buy the Uncharted 2 bundle...hopefully I can trade in my old 'fixed' PS3 in too!

By the way for all you boys who have NFShift:

http://www.cokezone.co.uk/home/catal...stRewards=true

I've got my code, but no PS3 or game! :rofl:

ReputationRep:

Maybe they didn't realise that the old models wouldn't be able to handle the heat, but the newer models could. No idea. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they didn't realise that the old models wouldn't be able to handle the heat, but the newer models could. No idea. :dontknow:
    No come on now...they could not have been *that* stupid to think something like that. Plus the update has to go through testing etc to make sure it doesn't actually damage PS3's...just like all the updates for games go through similar testings...

But if they did then :facepalm: to Sony!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.