Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Very cool analysis on the new MW2 trailer:

ReputationRep:
    Nov 10 can't come quick enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Nov 10 can't come quick enough!
    You'll have to complete Uncharted 2 before that date too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    You'll have to complete Uncharted 2 before that date too!
    Easy peasy!

Even if i haven't completed Uncharted 2, the second i get MW2, it's out of my ps3, and on the shelf!

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I'll complete Uncharted 2 in two days... a bit like MGS 4, and Batman, and Infamous (basically any good game ) Then maybe will jump online, do some co-op and competitive multiplayer till Ratchet and Clank comes out

ReputationRep:
    Im interested in the Batman game. I have just one question though; Is Robin in it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Im interested in the Batman game. I have just one question though; Is Robin in it?!
    Nope :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I'm desperately trying to complete Dead Space before Uncharted 2 comes out. Having a full time job really cuts down on the PS3 time!

Dead Space --> Uncharted 2 --> MW2. No time for NFS: Shift or Fifa 10

(Original post by bigmo7)
    Hmmm...Gamestation are offering KZ2, R2 and NFShift for £285 and I think their Uncharted 2 bundle is going to be £270...yeah I might buy the Uncharted 2 bundle...hopefully I can trade in my old 'fixed' PS3 in too!

By the way for all you boys who have NFShift:

http://www.cokezone.co.uk/home/catal...stRewards=true

I've got my code, but no PS3 or game! :rofl:
    Thanks! :five:

edit: Just saw that to get the iPod dock, I need 600 points. That's 200 2L bottles :indiff: The dock is about £60 on it's own

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know the rules that Sony and Microsoft have set out regarding MW2 regarding getting it early and playing it while signed in or playing it online?
    There's a shop in town that sells games two even three days before release date (basically whenever they are in stock he'll put them for sale)....

A mate of mine said that both corporations said that no-one is allowed to play it early but surely people are likely to get it a day early or whatever?

I'm confused...and if I confused anyone else I am sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Im sure if you get it early you can play it, but obviously the online part won't be "open" until the actual day of release.

Not much they can do about it, as it's not your fault that retailers ship it to you early.

As you payed for it, im sure you have a right to play it, even if a little bit earlier then official release..

Action can maybe be taken against the retailer, but not you.

ReputationRep:
    They can't do anything to you.

You paid for the good, which happens to have been given to you before it was meant to be released. Not your fault. Embrace it!

Loads of people get their pre-orders a day early from online retailers nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen what they are charging for MW2 in some places £55!!!,you can easily get it for cheaper on the internet but they will probably charge £55 in store for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlVal)
    Have you seen what they are charging for MW2 in some places £55!!!,you can easily get it for cheaper on the internet but they will probably charge £55 in store for it.
    That's Activision's fault rather than the retailers, I'm afraid - and we've known about it for a long while. They know that the game is going to sell tremendous numbers of copies, so they can get away with it... :mad:

I think the best price available at the moment is a little over £40, from the likes of Gameplay. (Edit: £37.98 from www.coolshop.co.uk)

OT: Second attempt at 3,000 posts! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    That's Activision's fault rather than the retailers, I'm afraid - and we've known about it for a long while. They know that the game is going to sell tremendous numbers of copies, so they can get away with it... :mad:

I think the best price available at the moment is a little over £40, from the likes of Gameplay. (Edit: £37.98 from www.coolshop.co.uk)

OT: Second attempt at 3,000 posts! :woo:
    Well you have to hand it to them though, from their point of view it's a good plan. I don't really mind it either I suppose considering the number of hours I'll probably be spending on there....

I am sorta planning on buying the prestige edition from the US tho...overall it should only cost me like £100! :woo:
    And since the PS3 is region free it's gonna work!

Btw I'm reaching 3k posts too. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    If I were to buy a new PS3 from Amazon for example, how would I go about purchasing the extended 3 year warranty? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    psn id-- amar786
    games i play- fifa 10, cod4 and cod 5

ReputationRep:
    Omg just finished Batman Arkham Asylum :coma: What a game. Anyone who hasn't played it should at least rent it. I found it quite dull at first but when you have all your gadgets and the story picks up, it's amazing :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknown435)
    psn id-- amar786
    games i play- fifa 10, cod4 and cod 5
    Updated. :yy:

Welcome to the thread! What's FIFA 10 like btw? Better than ever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Omg just finished Batman Arkham Asylum :coma: What a game. Anyone who hasn't played it should at least rent it. I found it quite dull at first but when you have all your gadgets and the story picks up, it's amazing :gah:
    on x360?

I just finished the predator challenges... f'cking awesome!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.