Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Omg just finished Batman Arkham Asylum :coma: What a game. Anyone who hasn't played it should at least rent it. I found it quite dull at first but when you have all your gadgets and the story picks up, it's amazing :gah:
    I'm beginning to feel like I'm in the minority for not having completed Batman! :o: I'm determined to solve all of the Riddler challenges first though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I'm beginning to feel like I'm in the minority for not having completed Batman! :o: I'm determined to solve all of the Riddler challenges first though...
    Finish the game first, the riddler challenges become way easier to solve then, plus at times you need all the gadgets etc to reach a certain spot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    Finish the game first, the riddler challenges become way easier to solve then, plus at times you need all the gadgets etc to reach a certain spot.
    I've all but finished it - just have to go to the 'party'.

ReputationRep:
    ah aright, still ,bag yourself some trophies, then you can explore the whole map without any fear of baddies etc.. and get more trophies

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/un...es/review.html

Uncharted 2 gets 9.5 on Gamespot.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, can I please have your opinions on whether to get the Prestige Edition of MW2 (for £108) or the Hardened Edition (£63)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Hey everyone, can I please have your opinions on whether to get the Prestige Edition of MW2 (for £108) or the Hardened Edition (£63)?
    Erm. The normal one! <£55

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Erm. The normal one! <£55

:yep:
    Haha, no I usually buy the standard version of games but considering this is such a special game, I thought I'd treat myself to something I can remember it by. Sounds douchebag-ish I know, but I just feel that way.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, no I usually buy the standard version of games but considering this is such a special game, I thought I'd treat myself to something I can remember it by. Sounds douchebag-ish I know, but I just feel that way.
    In that case, go all out on the most expensive version then. :thumbsup:

on x360?

I just finished the predator challenges... f'cking awesome!
    Well done :clap2:

I only buy the best of games. So I would end up 'treating' myself to a pre-ordered special edition every time.....I would have been broke a long time ago if I did that

ReputationRep:

Uncharted 2 tips are already being exposed more than a week before release date.

ReputationRep:
    on x360?

I just finished the predator challenges... f'cking awesome!
    Yeah, I played it on 360. The predator challenges are awesome fun, I'm just rubbish at them! The extreme ones are really difficult. Do you know how to get the trophy/achievement for completing a predator challenge using only silent takedowns? I managed to do it and it didn't unlock, so I'm wondering if I've missed something lol. I'm actually so proud of my freeflow 40 combo achievement too :ahee:

(Original post by Illusionary)
    Omg, the party was brilliant. I giggled at the fireworks and music. You're actually so close to finishing the game btw.

ReputationRep:
    is it worth buying operation flashpoint tommorow the new one

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of getting the Prestige edition from the US....works out at about £100 depending on how strong the dollar is so atm I'm just waiting for it to become stronger against the pound! Come on dollar! :woo:

But a friend of mine said he *may* be able to get me the Hardened Edition for around £30 so I have to hope....and wait!

(Original post by logic123)
    is it worth buying operation flashpoint tommorow the new one
    I'll be honest right, from the numerous trailers I've watched it looks like Battlefield Bad company....
    They've bigged it up a lot but I don't think it will be that good, a demo is getting released after the game comes out so maybe hang on and see what that's like?

ReputationRep:
    Only thing with ordering from America is that you may be tied by regional games when it comes to online no? I swear I read something about that.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I played it on 360. The predator challenges are awesome fun, I'm just rubbish at them! The extreme ones are really difficult. Do you know how to get the trophy/achievement for completing a predator challenge using only silent takedowns? I managed to do it and it didn't unlock, so I'm wondering if I've missed something lol. I'm actually so proud of my freeflow 40 combo achievement too :ahee:

Omg, the party was brilliant. I giggled at the fireworks and music. You're actually so close to finishing the game btw.
    I'm still trying to get teh 40 combo achievement. for the silent takedowns you absolutley have to kill everyone by crouching behind them and then taking them down. if you just walk behind them normally and take them down it doesn't count as a silent takedown. I got stumped on that for ages.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still trying to get teh 40 combo achievement. for the silent takedowns you absolutley have to kill everyone by crouching behind them and then taking them down. if you just walk behind them normally and take them down it doesn't count as a silent takedown. I got stumped on that for ages.
    I've not tried many of the challenges yet, but if there are any with a titan henchman and a load of the normal ones, try for the Freeflow 40 trophy then while riding the titan. I got to about 35 with little trouble during the main game, but ran out of bad guys...

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I got it cheers!

I got the freeflow 40 doing one of the extreme challenges and literally mashing X for critical strikes. Took a couple of tries. The trickiest thing is not running out of bad guys.

I found a good place to get it is on Sewer Rat [extreme] or one of the extreme joker maps, since there aren't any knife wielding *******s

Ahh I got it cheers!

I got the freeflow 40 doing one of the extreme challenges and literally mashing X for critical strikes. Took a couple of tries. The trickiest thing is not running out of bad guys.
    Are you sure your playing it on PS3 o.O?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Are you sure your playing it on PS3 o.O?
    hah I thought that was wrong too as well, then remembered she had it on 360.

My next rent should be ninja gaiden 2, game is sooo fun.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.