Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Back to the game renting business. Some of you said that gameswap don't always have the games you want. Do LoveFilm ALWAYS have them?
    So far, but I've only been with them since July :o: plus I'm not super fussed about the games I rent, it's nice trying to guess what they've sent you :awesome: if it's a major title I really want then I'd buy it outright.

ReputationRep:
    What's the point in paying for Gameswap if they hardly have avail/send you any of the games you want? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    When a game ends, don't party up with other people, just press circle and start looking for another game alone. I usually take about 1 min to find a game, which isn't that bad.
    Yeah but the problem is I'm never on my own, there is always people with me so I can't leave them after the game.

The thing is that for the beta it was the same, I hope they release an update for it to fix this particular problem along with the time it takes to find other people for a game!

ReputationRep:
    There is a solution for that problem:

Search for games, go down stairs for a cup of tea & a watch of Eastenders, come back after 32mins, and it is still searching.

Click Quit option.

Sorted.

Works an absolute dream. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Why was I stupid enough to buy Operation Flashpoint? :mad: I thought ohhh a game more strategy than action, will try this, without realising that strategy means running across a ******* field for 20 minutes before anything happens then getting killed in one shot.

ReputationRep:
    I've finally come up with a practical way to run a Ethernet cable to my PS3 - no more wireless connection problems! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Why was I stupid enough to buy Operation Flashpoint? :mad: I thought ohhh a game more strategy than action, will try this, without realising that strategy means running across a ******* field for 20 minutes before anything happens then getting killed in one shot.
    Haha - sounds awesome :p:

Definitely won't be getting that one then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I've finally come up with a practical way to run a Ethernet cable to my PS3 - no more wireless connection problems! :woo:
    Is your ISP O2 by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    Is your ISP O2 by any chance?
    Nah, it's BT. I'm not sure whether it's their fault, or the router (a Home Hub), or the PS3. I get a connection fine with a laptop (not mine) and my 360 (:ninja:), but my desktop and PS3 have always had problems!

ReputationRep:
    I think regardless of whether one has a working wireless connection, wired is the best way to go; that way you can't blame wireless lag for getting killed on COD4 as I did so often many moons ago!

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it's BT. I'm not sure whether it's their fault, or the router (a Home Hub), or the PS3. I get a connection fine with a laptop (not mine) and my 360 (:ninja:), but my desktop and PS3 have always had problems!
    Ah, fair enough. I was getting weird connection problems with O2 and I fixed it by manually entering the DNS server addresses in the PS3's connection settings.

I guess it's a bit late telling you this now seeing as you've already found a solution though :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, fair enough. I was getting weird connection problems with O2 and I fixed it by manually entering the DNS server addresses in the PS3's connection settings.

I guess it's a bit late telling you this now seeing as you've already found a solution though :dontknow:
    Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

I just need to get myself an extra cable now, as I've tested the setup but don't have enough cables to make it permanent yet.

ReputationRep:
    More Heavy Rain footage

:clap2:

Even though my wireless works fine

ReputationRep:

:lolwut:

What? Were you getting DNS errors or something else cos the only reason I set up my DNS server number was to avoid annoying errors which shouldn't have occurred in the first place!

ReputationRep:
    I hate these PSN chain mails. My brother got one saying Sony were going to start charging for online use on the PS3, XBOX360 style, and so he needed to send it on. They need 500,000 people protesting.

The lies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    :lolwut:

What? Were you getting DNS errors or something else cos the only reason I set up my DNS server number was to avoid annoying errors which shouldn't have occurred in the first place!
    I was getting "You have been signed out of Playstation Network" and then couldn't sign back in. Manually inputting the DNS server addresses seemed to fix it! Dunno if it was a problem with O2 or my router not forwarding them properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    I hate these PSN chain mails. My brother got one saying Sony were going to start charging for online use on the PS3, XBOX360 style, and so he needed to send it on. They need 500,000 people protesting.

The lies...
    Just the one? I must have got around 20+ now...about MW2, getting money for the PSN Store and about Sony charging for the PSN....all of them ********. Pisses me off how people can be so simple to believe the crap they recieve off them, in the end I just started challenging them and asking them to provide a source for their baseless claims, needless to say no-one provided me with one!

I was getting "You have been signed out of Playstation Network" and then couldn't sign back in. Manually inputting the DNS server addresses seemed to fix it! Dunno if it was a problem with O2 or my router not forwarding them properly.
    That's awkward, I've been with O2 for ages now and never had that problem. Oh well, glad you fixed it then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Just the one? I must have got around 20+ now...about MW2, getting money for the PSN Store and about Sony charging for the PSN....all of them ********. Pisses me off how people can be so simple to believe the crap they recieve off them, in the end I just started challenging them and asking them to provide a source for their baseless claims, needless to say no-one provided me with one!
    Yep, just the one. However he has been getting some about MW2 I think. It is ridiculous.
    Haha good idea - maybe they'll make one up (wikipedia!). :rolleyes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.