Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Can you play games on it?

Good to see you kinda fixed it. :yes:

I would assume so. I'm not risking putting another game in though! Will test out SSHD or Tekken DR Online when I finish with my backup.

ReputationRep:
    Test it with a game before you take it into GS!

Not that they have the ability/brains to test it.. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Test it with a game before you take it into GS!

Not that they have the ability/brains to test it.. :rofl:
    Just tried Tekken DR. Works perfectly! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Sweet as a nut

In your face Sony! :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got Tekken 6 yet?

Is it any good? Thinking of getting it, but im not sure.

(Original post by geoff_yin)
    Yay

Anyone got Tekken 6 yet?

Is it any good? Thinking of getting it, but im not sure.
    I pre-ordered it...They just confirmed dispatch Should be here on Friday/Saturday I reckon...I'm a Tekken fan, so it's gonna be good.......I'm also a Crash fan :hmmm:

I just watched District 9.............:coma:

Also on District 9.......

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/ar...iii-demo-89083

Even more reason to buy it on Blu-Ray.......I'm sure that I am

ReputationRep:
    Great work! :party:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone!

Copied all my save files onto a flash drive, and also made a backup on my external HDD.

Now I've deleted everything from my PS3, and will head to GameStation tomorrow to trade it in for a PS3 Slim.

ReputationRep:
    One step closer to your PS3 return! Nice :borat:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone watched the opening level of MW2? I think Darkos posted it recently but I couldn't view it then and saw it this morning on Kotaku. I find it really unsettling, can't imagine actually bringing myself to play it I know what they're trying to do but it's a bit :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    What are they trying to do?

ReputationRep:
    What are they trying to do?
    Have you watched it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Has anyone watched the opening level of MW2? I think Darkos posted it recently but I couldn't view it then and saw it this morning on Kotaku. I find it really unsettling, can't imagine actually bringing myself to play it I know what they're trying to do but it's a bit :zomg:
    I heard about it, but didn't see it, and now all of the YouTube clips have been removed
    This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Activision Games Inc.
    Activision have issued a response though, and it seems that you don't have to play through that segment, or at least not in the way that it was shown in the video - clicky.
    Right now, Activision is saying players may choose not to "not to engage in the gameplay." That could mean choosing not to fire your weapon or the possibility "opt-out" of the level entirely. We won't know until we play for ourselves.

"At the beginning of the game, players encounter a mandatory "checkpoint" in which they are warned that an upcoming segment may contain disturbing elements and they can choose not to engage in the gameplay that involves this scene," Activision says. "Consistent with its content, the game has been given an "M" for Mature by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board. The rating is prominently displayed on the front and back of the packaging, as well as in all advertising."
    Other MW2 news - apparently it can be played in third person! :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I heard about it, but didn't see it, and now all of the YouTube clips have been removed

Activision have issued a response though, and it seems that you don't have to play through that segment, or at least not in the way that it was shown in the video - clicky.

Other MW2 news - apparently it can be played in third person! :lolwut:
    Yeah... I think unless you can skip the level it's a bit off. Whether you are playing or not it's still pretty disturbing. I thought about how it would look as essentially a 'cutscene' where you don't shoot anyone. And I'm not squeamish about these things in the slightest, but the way it is presented is pretty awful. People dragging themselves along the floor being shot to death. And I know they're trying to make you realise how bad terrorism is but I dunno, too far I think.

All the vids seem to have disappeared now though.

ReputationRep:
    For people who have not seen the video, the opening stages involves you playing as a terrorist, gunning innocent, unarmed civilians in an airport.

If they wanted to show a terrorist attack on an airport, I would have preferred they put your in the role of one of the passengers trying to run away from them, and failing to do so. Even so I find it incredibly unsettling just to watch that video.

ReputationRep:
    Here's the video you lot are talking about:

http://gamedat.blogspot.com/2009/10/...player_27.html

I don't find it that shocking tbh. There are loads of games out there which are as violent/controversial as that level. Manhunt? GTA?

ReputationRep:
    Here's the video you lot are talking about:

http://gamedat.blogspot.com/2009/10/...player_27.html

I don't find it that shocking tbh. There are loads of games out there which are as violent/controversial as that level. Manhunt? GTA?
    Manhunt and GTA are blatantly fictional and not nearly as realistic, and are also 3rd person which detaches you. Being gunned down in an airport is something that could very easily happen, and this is a generic environment I'm sure we can all relate to. It's also presented in a manner that could very easily happen with realistic sound. I think it's quite a deep rooted fear after the various terrorist attacks that have happened for most, seems to have touched a nerve for a lot of folk.

I know that killing of innocent civilians is nothing new to videogames. I just can't quite put my finger on why this is so... wrong. I didn't expect to be bothered when I watched it either, but I am

I hope they put in an achievement/trophy for not shooting anyone :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    I hope they put in an achievement/trophy for not shooting anyone :ninjagirl:
    Modern Warfare 2 trophies

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.