Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

eBay - Are things like this legit? Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xbox-360-game-...3%3A1|294%3A50

99% positive feedback, almost half of what the game retails for in the UK, free P&P. Has anyone had any experience with buying games from HK on eBay? I have no intention of buying it, at least not yet anyway, but am curious.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of positive feedback from other buyers of that item, they all seem happy.

ReputationRep:
    I've bought cheap games fromg Hong Kong before, never had a problem

ReputationRep:
    I usually avoid buying from Hong Kong just in case. If you look around you'll probably find some UK sellers with similar prices.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it all looks legit. I was just asking, as I questioned in another thread whether imports would work on a UK 360, and someone said all PAL format games will be more expensive, and by the time you've paid postage it wouldn't be worth it. Obviously postage may take a bit longer, but it looks worth it. Can't seem to find similar prices anywhere else other than second hand copies.

ReputationRep:
    It will take quite a while delivery wise

ReputationRep:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Left-Dead-Ga...7864424&sr=8-1 Just buy it off amazon.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it's for good. I bought a watch for 1p. P&P were £2. But it's a really awesome watch with a skull cover over the watch and leather strap with poppers. Battery works fine.

It seems like a fair deal, go for it (the game).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Left-Dead-Ga...7864424&sr=8-1 Just buy it off amazon.
    That's the PC version. 360 version is still near £40 new on Amazon.

ReputationRep:
    dont buy things from hong kong. 4+ weeks postage.

ReputationRep:
    I've bought things from HK over ebay before.

Delivery was actually very quick - 3-4 days, what you would expect from somewhere like Amazon.

Its not actually that cheap compared to wholesale. The reason that HK is often cheaper is because of tax. They should pay sales tax at customs, but the parcels are marked as "gifts" to avoid tax. However, there is always a small risk that the game will be held up by customs.

I used to buy GBA games from HK on ebay; most of them were pirated and some did not work, though they were from sellers with not much feedback. This looks like a legit seller, personally I wouldn't have a problem with using him. If you pay over paypal you are protected anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    Generally its about 1-2 weeks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    I think the extra wait is worth the savings. Can't expect much for free postage from HK.

ReputationRep:
    Most sellers from Hong Kong mark deliveries as gifts to avoid large postage costs, if it gets examined before it gets to you (a small number of packages are examined) then you have to pay for the postage fee, which can be avout £20. I've bought loads of stuff from Hong Kong though, and it hasn't happened yet, so I think it is a very small chance. Other than that it is probably legit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaotic_catalyst)
    Most sellers from Hong Kong mark deliveries as gifts to avoid large postage costs, if it gets examined before it gets to you (a small number of packages are examined) then you have to pay for the postage fee, which can be avout £20. I've bought loads of stuff from Hong Kong though, and it hasn't happened yet, so I think it is a very small chance. Other than that it is probably legit.
    You mean import tax and all the rest of it...not postage costs...

ReputationRep:
    I think alot of things are legit on there, I always make sure to contact the seller.
    I'm currently selling my reading weekend ticket w/ camping on there, I got a job and I genuinely can't go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xbox-360-game-...3%3A1|294%3A50

99% positive feedback, almost half of what the game retails for in the UK, free P&P. Has anyone had any experience with buying games from HK on eBay? I have no intention of buying it, at least not yet anyway, but am curious.

I feel it's my duty to tell you to save your money as L4D is such a boring, repetetive game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    I feel it's my duty to tell you to save your money as L4D is such a boring, repetetive game.
    I did say I have no intention of buying it. However, I am addicted to Nazi Zombies on CoD:WaW, so a game full of hordes of zombies seems ideal to keep me occupied for hours.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hobo06)
    I did say I have no intention of buying it. However, I am addicted to Nazi Zombies on CoD:WaW, so a game full of hordes of zombies seems ideal to keep me occupied for hours.
    Play it with the right people and it's awesome. It's kept me and my friends good for months.

ReputationRep:
    this definately looks legit and the guy has some good feedback... u should buy it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.