Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm looking for a B&B to stay in, and my French is reasonably good, but I'm stuck on a phrase..
    This is the paragraph describing the place:

• Descriptif commercial : Au 2ème étage de sa maison située en plein coeur de Banyuls-sur-Mer, Anne-Marie vous propose cette suite familiale pour quatre personnes composée de 2 chambres séparées (2 lits 90)(lit 140) - 1 séjour/salon - 1 salle de bains/wc.

But I'm not too sure about '(2 lits 90)(lit 140)'. Does anyone know what this means?

Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    2 beds 90? does that mean single? Haha...

Edit: indeed, it means the size of the bed (i.e. 90cm x ?cm)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celeste.)
    '(2 lits 90)(lit 140)'
    It means, in the first bedroom there are two beds that are 90cm across (a single bed), and in the second bedroom there is one that is 140cm across (a double bed).

ReputationRep:
    2 separate bedrooms, 1 double bed and 2 single beds?

Or thats what I'd take it to be.
    • PS Helper

I'd imagine that it means that there's one twin room (two single beds) and one double room (one double-bed).

EDIT: Oh, it appears I've echoed everyone else :p: Shame.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really pleased that all of that made sense to me after not doing french in a while.
    I would post something useful but its already been answered.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but late lol, but the 90 and 140 are cm measurements for single and double beds

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.