Pm Yo'

ReputationRep:
    i would like to the foreign secrety free travel man across the world lol l

ReputationRep:
    The National Statistician

ReputationRep:
    Chancellor of Exchequer :gangster:

ReputationRep:
    MP for some consistuency in Cornwall so I can have a nice second home on the Cornish seaside with a moat, claiming expenses for every pasty, cocktail and prostitute I buy.

Jokes aside, I like the idea of foreign secretary or a role to do with sport, culture or tourism.

ReputationRep:
    Definately would want Alistair Darling's job, to have the power of being in charge of all that money...now that is cool :cool:
    I just hope that job doesn't come with the obligation of having your hair and eye brows two different colours :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Chancellor.

ReputationRep:
    Home Secretary. Just so I can go down in history as the first Home Secretary who wasn't a complete and utter tadger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C++Hacker)
    definitely would want Alistair Darling's job, to have the power of being in charge of all that money...now that is cool :cool:
    I just hope that job doesn't come with the obligation of having your hair and eye brows two different colours :rofl:
    No, but judging by the recent trend of chancellors, you do have to be completely incompetent in basic economics and be devoid of financial accountability.

ReputationRep:
    Defence minister.

ReputationRep:
    Health secretary. The NHS would be a whole new world, ruled by common sense and compassion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    Home Secretary. Just so I can go down in history as the first Home Secretary who wasn't a complete and utter tadger.
    Let's give Alan Johnson a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    Let's give Alan Johnson a chance.
    Meh.

If you've been in the Home Office more than a fortnight, and you haven't demolished the notion of the databse state and ID cards, then you are a waste of space, just like the rest.

Combine that with his betrayal of Gary McKinnon, and I'm completely unconvinced by his political leanings.

ReputationRep:
    I imagine Chancellor would be reasonably interesting, although you'd have to take a lot of flak and whatnot, so maybe something like Foreign Secretary instead

ReputationRep:
    Chancellor of the Exchequer.

I'd make sure I had John Redwood on my team.

ReputationRep:
    Someone who gets paid alot for doing very little. Prime Minister or something.

PM (yes I know you said besides this), Justice Secretary, Foreign Secretary, Chancellor of the Exchequer, Home Secretary, Attorney General

ReputationRep:
    Could I be top dog in the civil service? A lot of power there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    PM (yes I know you said besides this), Justice Secretary, Foreign Secretary, Chancellor of the Exchequer, Home Secretary, Attorney General
    Very rarely does a person hold all Great Offices of State.

(Original post by Snookercraze)
    Very rarely does a person hold all Great Offices of State.
    I know that and I didn't say I wanted to hold all of them besides James Callaghan is the only person to date to have served in all four positions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.