Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you could hold one post in government, which would it be? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    I know that and I didn't say I wanted to hold all of them besides James Callaghan is the only person to date to have served in all four positions
    Nothing wrong in being ambitious. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Minister for Education so I could radically overhaul the education system.

ReputationRep:
    Head of the Central Intelligence Agency or any similar department.

ReputationRep:
    Foreign or Education.

But I would never degrade myself by becoming a politician, so it's a moot point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    Foreign or Education.

But I would never degrade myself by becoming a politician, so it's a moot point.
    How does becoming a politician mean you are degrading yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    How does becoming a politician mean you are degrading yourself?
    Well, I'm being flippant to certain extent, but I'm generally not the most respectful person to politicians.

Home Secretary (or Justice Secretary if I'd have to retain that dreadfully stupid split). It'd be nice to be able to direct police policy away from victimising people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    Well, I'm being flippant to certain extent, but I'm generally not the most respectful person to politicians.
    These are the individuals you are not respective towards. The actual profession, there is little better.

ReputationRep:
    Something to do with the Environment or Transport.

ReputationRep:
    not really a gov position bt id like to be police umbudsman

ReputationRep:
    Culture and Sport, think of all the free tickets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb)
    Minister for Education so I could radically overhaul the education system.
    By doing what?

ReputationRep:
    Foreign Secretory or some sort of ambassador/diplomat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    By doing what?
    One thing I would do is scrap the KS1 and KS3 SATs, but keep the KS2 ones.

ReputationRep:
    One thing I would do is scrap the KS1 and KS3 SATs, but keep the KS2 ones.
    I would do that but make sure the KS2 Sats are marked internally to save money and place more emphasis on teacher assessment at the end of KS2 and couple the SATs grades and teacher assessments with examples of work from over the year into a portfolio for secondary schools.

Aren't KS3 ones already gone?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm tough choice. As I have an interest in constitutional reform, the office of the Leader of the House of Commons would appeal to me. Although I wouldn't turn down the office of Home Secretary either as I would use the position to scale back the increasingly authoritarian nature of government we have seen in recent history. I would rather have the home secretary position combined with the justice office like it was originally to give me more flexibility in setting a classical liberal agenda.

ReputationRep:
    I would do that but make sure the KS2 Sats are marked internally to save money and place more emphasis on teacher assessment at the end of KS2 and couple the SATs grades and teacher assessments with examples of work from over the year into a portfolio for secondary schools.

Aren't KS3 ones already gone?
    I would have KS2 SATs marked independently by external examiners, as the pupils, in most cases, will be moving upto secondary school, and therefore everything remains impartial.

I say KS1 and KS3 should be scrapped, although yes, as you say, KS3 has been scrapped irl, because the pupils will remain at the same instiution. However, I do believe there should be internal tests.

ReputationRep:
    I would have KS2 SATs marked independently by external examiners, as the pupils, in most cases, will be moving upto secondary school, and therefore everything remains impartial.
    I don't see a problem with internal marking as long as they are moderated, KS1 SATs were marked internally and seem to operate successfully.

I say KS1 and KS3 should be scrapped, although yes, as you say, KS3 has been scrapped irl, because the pupils will remain at the same instiution. However, I do believe there should be internal tests.
    Yeah, but internal tests must be at the schools and not government's choice. Power to the schools as much as possible.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see a problem with internal marking as long as they are moderated, KS1 SATs were marked internally and seem to operate successfully.
    Well, either way, so long as there is impartiality and fairness.

Yeah, but internal tests must be at the schools and not government's choice. Power to the schools as much as possible.
    Yes, ofcourse at the schools.

ReputationRep:
    Me? Considering the type of person i am; Emperor. yes, Emperor of the Britain. I would wear a shiny purple cravat and cape in a long coat and waistcoat like The Doctor. And have a rapier.

PM; No, it sends you grey.
    Chanc: Yes, because i have common sense with money.
    Home Sec: ASBO kids would be mowing my lawn after week 1.
    Foreign Sec:Would leave EU. Yay!
    Defence: Would have conquered the known world by teatime on election day.

In all seriousness, if there was a Science and Technology Secretary, i would love to do that job; approve engineering projects, provide scientific funding etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.