Turn on thread page Beta

Calling all smokers of Lucky Strike watch

ReputationRep:
    Neither food, nor drink but this seemed the most appropriate place for it.

For those of you that smoke luckies, what is a good substitute brand? I'm in dire need of a decent substitute as, whilst I'm away from Uni, there's a distinct lack of newsagents, supermarkets etc. around home that sell these beauties. I'm considering just reverting back to rollies for a while.

(And before anyone suggests them, I'm no fan of Marlboro Lights... sorry)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malkmus)
    Neither food, nor drink but this seemed the most appropriate place for it.

For those of you that smoke luckies, what is a good substitute brand? I'm in dire need of a decent substitute as, whilst I'm away from Uni, there's a distinct lack of newsagents, supermarkets etc. around home that sell these beauties. I'm considering just reverting back to rollies for a while.

(And before anyone suggests them, I'm no fan of Marlboro Lights... sorry)
    What about Marlboro reds? :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I just bought a packet today! I usually smoke those, rollies, Marlboro reds or lights, Camel (the cream ones, the blue ones are disgusting) or Pall Mall (but only the orange ones are decent, they are so cheap though!)...or maybe try Mayfair. They don't taste as good but are of similar strength...

ReputationRep:
    Marlboro Reds is what I would switch to if unavailable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    I just bought a packet today! I usually smoke those, rollies, Marlboro reds or lights, Camel (the cream ones, the blue ones are disgusting) or Pall Mall (but only the orange ones are decent, they are so cheap though!)...or maybe try Mayfair. They don't taste as good but are of similar strength...
    Marlboro Reds are my current substitute but I'm still not majorly won over. Might give Pall Mall or Mayfair a try, but if they're as dirty as I imagine them to be, I think I'd rather go with rollies. I only fork out for luckies cos they're so much nicer than everything else I've ever smoked. Never tried Camels but I know they're generally pretty rare and I've never seen them around here so that's a non-starter.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I thought you were giving up :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I substitute rolling Golden Virginia when I can't afford/get hold of luckies!

ReputationRep:
    Marlboro Reds are my current substitute but I'm still not majorly won over. Might give Pall Mall or Mayfair a try, but if they're as dirty as I imagine them to be, I think I'd rather go with rollies. I only fork out for luckies cos they're so much nicer than everything else I've ever smoked. Never tried Camels but I know they're generally pretty rare and I've never seen them around here so that's a non-starter.
    Buy a 10 pack of Mayfair or something. Pall Mall orange ones are pretty hard to find and red are pretty ****, don't taste of anything. So yeah, rollies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I thought you were giving up :indiff:
    It's too much like hard work.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It's too much like hard work.
    *disappointed smilie*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eme29)
    I substitute rolling Golden Virginia when I can't afford/get hold of luckies!
    Buy a 10 pack of Mayfair or something. Pall Mall orange ones are pretty hard to find and red are pretty ****, don't taste of anything. So yeah, rollies.
    Sounds like we have a winner then. Thanks girls!

ReputationRep:
    Benson & Hedges is okay.
    Caballero's are relatively cheap and come in big packs. I enjoy their taste anyway.

Otherwise I stick to good ol' dutch shag (rolling tobacco): Van Nelle, Javaanse Jongens. You do know that they make Lucky Strike rolling tobacco too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackey)
    You do know that they make Lucky Strike rolling tobacco too?
    I didn't. I haven't seen it over in England. I doubt we get it here. I never see unfiltered luckies over here, for example, like they have in America and other other countries. Apparantly Lucky Strike filters are much more popular on the continent than over here though so it doesn't really surprise me...

ReputationRep:
    roll ups. but is there no where by you that seels them? not even an asda?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watermelon sugar)
    I've found a few places that sell silvers. They're not even that close by though... and I much prefer reds.

ReputationRep:
    I've found a few places that sell silvers. They're not even that close by though... and I much prefer reds.
    and cardiff is meant to be a capital city :thumbsdown:

ReputationRep:
    I tried watermelon ice cream a few days ago. I wasn't very impressed. Just thought I'd let you know.

P.S. Smoking is dirt - especially roll-ups. Sort it out! :p:

ReputationRep:
    marlboro reds

ReputationRep:
    and cardiff is meant to be a capital city :thumbsdown:
    Haha, yeah I have no problem finding them in Cardiff. My local offy about a 30 second walk away from my house sells them. I'm just stuck in a fairly isolated part of the North of England for the summer (too expensive to live at my student house over summer ya see...) and all everyone seems to smoke is Richmond and Marlboros.

If I were you, id try Dunhill or Camel (Cream) although rolling your own is always more satisfying!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.