Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i will be a postgrad in september, and have just started learning to drive. i doubt i will have passed my test before i go, but should be sometime after i start.

I will need to park a car on campus (once i get one) - my sister has a rare illness, lives at home with my family (mum + little siblings). so when my sister is rushed into hospital i need to be able to get home asap, to look after the family, take mum to and from hospital etc. I seriously need to pass my test and have a car with me on campus.

Are there spaces to park - how easy would it be to get one - and would it be impossible to get a parking space sometime during the year, (say like november/december ish onwards).

I will be staying hopefully in the standard postgrad on campus accomodation (1st choice), failing that at chancellors wharf (2nd choice).

thanks for any help, eden

ReputationRep:
    You can apply for a permit on campus and I think you'd be eligible for one. Chancellor's wharf you can get a permit too but anyone can get one

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/security/carparking.htm
    That should be quite helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xprincessx)
    You can apply for a permit on campus and I think you'd be eligible for one. Chancellor's wharf you can get a permit too but anyone can get one

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/security/carparking.htm
    That should be quite helpful
    oh thanks a lot! so i should be able to apply during the year as soon as ive passed then? (trying my best to pass asap but its unlikely to happen before i get there)

ReputationRep:
    I think so!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Sep '18
  2. Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.