Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i will be a postgrad in september, and have just started learning to drive. i doubt i will have passed my test before i go, but should be sometime after i start.

I will need to park a car on campus (once i get one) - my sister has a rare illness, lives at home with my family (mum + little siblings). so when my sister is rushed into hospital i need to be able to get home asap, to look after the family, take mum to and from hospital etc. I seriously need to pass my test and have a car with me on campus.

Are there spaces to park - how easy would it be to get one - and would it be impossible to get a parking space sometime during the year, (say like november/december ish onwards).

I will be staying hopefully in the standard postgrad on campus accomodation (1st choice), failing that at chancellors wharf (2nd choice).

thanks for any help, eden

ReputationRep:
    You can apply for a permit on campus and I think you'd be eligible for one. Chancellor's wharf you can get a permit too but anyone can get one

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/security/carparking.htm
    That should be quite helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xprincessx)
    You can apply for a permit on campus and I think you'd be eligible for one. Chancellor's wharf you can get a permit too but anyone can get one

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/security/carparking.htm
    That should be quite helpful
    oh thanks a lot! so i should be able to apply during the year as soon as ive passed then? (trying my best to pass asap but its unlikely to happen before i get there)

ReputationRep:
    I think so!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.