Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know it says on the website term starts on 5th October, so do we go on the Saturday the 3rd?

ReputationRep:
    Looks like its Saturday for me! Thanks for that, i'm not very good at navigating the site, so thanks for the link

ReputationRep:
    Arrivals weekend is the 3rd and 4th of October I believe, this is when you move into your room on campus.
    Then the next week is freshers week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlet)
    Arrivals weekend is the 3rd and 4th of October I believe, this is when you move into your room on campus.
    So there is actually a freshers week? So do you have lectures or whatever in the day and go out at night??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty123)
    So there is actually a freshers week? So do you have lectures or whatever in the day and go out at night??
    yah, it's not like they're hard core lectures or anything, just a bit of a taster of what the course is gonna be like etc. it's no bigge tbh, and it's a good way to make more friends straight away. there'll be loads of activities going on throughout the 2 weeks as well. it's gonna be a wicked 2 weeks for u.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait =D

I had actually just come on here to ask the exact same question =p

ReputationRep:
    you're like in your final year at warwick now...what's it been like to see freshers week go by having experienced it yourself a few years earlier?

ReputationRep:
    My question is when does term actually finish? Is it the same for students of all subjects? I can't remember the dates exactly but I remember looking before and the official last day of summer is the first quarter final of the world cup! I want to try and catch some England games back home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatawickedDJ)
    My question is when does term actually finish? Is it the same for students of all subjects? I can't remember the dates exactly but I remember looking before and the official last day of summer is the first quarter final of the world cup! I want to try and catch some England games back home!
    Each term is exactly 10 weeks long and the first two terms finish on the same day for everyone (plus or minus a day if some lectures decide to cancel lectures on the last day of term). For the third term it's more complicated since you'll have fewer or no lectures at all and it depends on when the exams finish. Generally, first years and second years take the majority of their exams during weeks 5-9 and third years/foruth years have finished by week 6-7.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowzee)
    Each term is exactly 10 weeks long and the first two terms finish on the same day for everyone (plus or minus a day if some lectures decide to cancel lectures on the last day of term). For the third term it's more complicated since you'll have fewer or no lectures at all and it depends on when the exams finish. Generally, first years and second years take the majority of their exams during weeks 5-9 and third years/foruth years have finished by week 6-7.
    Quality, so assuming the exam times stay the same and we get some lectures off at the end I could catch a few more games at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty123)

Yeah there's a freshers week, there's always loads going on, societies fairs, themed nights, stuff at the Union and lots more to get you into Uni life! Nothing majorly kicks off class-wise in the first week, from what I remember you might have some introductory talks in general, meet your personal tutor and also have a few seminars or lectures, but they'll probably just introduce the module.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatawickedDJ)
    Go to warwick.ac.uk and search term dates. Then it gives you them for the next few years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    you're like in your final year at warwick now...what's it been like to see freshers week go by having experienced it yourself a few years earlier?

Actually I'm currently on a year abroad (3rd year)... but next year will be my final year.
    You don't have to be a fresher to take part in freshers week... though in the second year most people go to Leamington to go out for the night as you live off campus then anyway.

It's interesting seeing new students coming in to just begin their university experience, being new is fun, the first year is all about having fun and getting to know people...it's amazing and in some ways, when I see all the new students coming in, it makes me want to be them and do it all again! :-) It's fun!

Am also looking forward to my final year though, but I think I will be sad to leave Warwick even if life outside of University has lots to offer too!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EierVonSatan)
    It depends, there are two arrival dates: one on the Saturday and the other on the Sunday. It depends on your surname

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/a...come/arrivals/
    although tbh no one really cares if you come on the "wrong day". i havent heard of one person who got into any 'trouble' from doing it so everyone whos 'supposed' to arrive on Sunday you might as well come on Saturday and get an extra day in :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing majorly kicks off class-wise in the first week, from what I remember you might have some introductory talks in general, meet your personal tutor and also have a few seminars or lectures, but they'll probably just introduce the module.
    We had our general introductory/orientation lecture on Monday, nothing else that day. However, starting Tuesday, the full schedule kicked in. Granted, the first lecture is usually just an intro to the module, but otherwise you're expected to start working right away.

ReputationRep:
    LMAO I remember the maths fresh had exam/tests the first week!
    Sucks to be them..

ReputationRep:
    We had our general introductory/orientation lecture on Monday, nothing else that day. However, starting Tuesday, the full schedule kicked in. Granted, the first lecture is usually just an intro to the module, but otherwise you're expected to start working right away.
    In most of my modules, this wasn't the case. The first week was more introductions to the modules. I think only one or two modules properly began.

ReputationRep:
    In most of my modules, this wasn't the case. The first week was more introductions to the modules. I think only one or two modules properly began.
    Guess it's just the bane of maths students. We did have the Foundations preliminary test on the Wednesday as well.

ReputationRep:
    Guess it's just the bane of maths students. We did have the Foundations preliminary test on the Wednesday as well.
    come on, that was a doss.

DIFFERENTIATE x^2

ZOMG!!!ZZ!!!!!11!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.